what is forza verde? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

what is forza verde?

G

Greenskin

jacobmilton":3kjo7kll said:
In my opinion i believe the FV is a waste of money and time as i dont see the differnce than between the Green taverners or FV. the only difference is that the Green Taveners go to pritty much all of the away games where as the FV are no where to be seen. they only go home games thinking that they are the best fans in the world but they never travel in a group away.
i was down the fron holding the fletcher out banner as i agree with it but i wasnt allowed to express my opinion without being humilated. now i know i will get hate mail and nearly all of you will disagree but why is the FV so blind and stuck so far up their ass that they cant see the bigger picture.

So who were the pro Fletcher fans who, according to another poster,"sorted" matters out regarding the banner last night? Were they acting in any official capacity or were they just fans who happened to disagree with what was written on the banner? If it was the latter,then they had no right to poke their noses in and try to stop other people expressing an opinion,either by mouth or by other methods.I could understand it if the stewards had been instructed to remove any anti management/directorate material,even though i don't agree with that course of action,but other fans? No way.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
I much preferred the block 16 days, you could actually have a bit of banter with away fans which meant going to football was far more of a laugh. Wish it would be bought back, but until then any attempt to liven the atmosphere is positive.

Just out of interest, is the 'family end for all' going to stay as such when Exeter come here? Surely not the best idea.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I thought FV did a good job of maintaining the atmosphere last night. They provide a basis for others to join in - quite a lot of people in the Lyndhurst were clapping along in time to the chants. So well done to all. In my opinion it would be better if there wasn't so much anti-Exeter chanting (particularly that directed at a particular person) and more pro-Argyle chanting but that's just a personal preference. Without FV the atmosphere would have been much, much quieter and the game would probably have drifted away to nothingness.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
So... close the Zoo Corner and replace it with a Family area, and then the following season the Devonport becomes slightly more aggressive.

Hmmmm perhaps one for Poirot this, I just can't see what's happened here :roll:

J

jacobmilton

rose":1l2b3bcr said:
jacobmilton":1l2b3bcr said:
In my opinion i believe the FV is a waste of money and time as i dont see the differnce than between the Green taverners or FV. the only difference is that the Green Taveners go to pritty much all of the away games where as the FV are no where to be seen. they only go home games thinking that they are the best fans in the world but they never travel in a group away.
i was down the fron holding the fletcher out banner as i agree with it but i wasnt allowed to express my opinion without being humilated. now i know i will get hate mail and nearly all of you will disagree but why is the FV so blind and stuck so far up their ass that they cant see the bigger picture.
I would make some witty comeback, but after your punctuation and spelling errors, it would be wasted. I am on the FV committee, and I would like to know how you know that what we do is a waste of money? I never knew we had a new finance manager who knows exactly how much money we ( FV ) are spending.

I'm not going to go into how you have no idea what the GT's have done and still currently do, but if I were you, I'd take a good seat in the corner and have a think about what a silly person you really have been.

ohh get of your high horse. the forza verde bye flags and support the grrens which i have no problem with i just dont see the point in it. your just a group of 50 - 80 year old fans one your one day out a week

Feb 6, 2012
St Ive, Cornwall
Hi all.

i am also on the FV committee and just wanted to put my thoughts onto the thread. (i speak only for myself and not for others on the committee).

FV is not even a year old and is very much is its infancy. things are not going to immediately going to go from library to a poznan-style frenzy in one go. however, as many have stated, things have improved in this time.

groups such as the palace holmesdale boys have been going for over 10 years and have also had their ups and downs, but you live and learn!

The aim of FV is not to force people into certain songs or anything, these things are fluid. FV is there to keep momentum going and to try new ideas to get the devonport (and others blocks if they wish) supporting the boys in green. We will continue to do this.

People are entitled to make their feelings known, but orchestrated efforts to drag FV down because some like to boo before a ball is kicked (it has happened!) is not good for pafc.

Also, the GT's and FV are not the same thing at all, but we do have the same goal, supporting the 11 boys in green every game.

Matt

Jul 25, 2011
In the days of terraces the very notion would be laughable. The fact we have to orchestrate something resembling an atmosphere is in itself a pardox.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
with-menace":1jtjras6 said:
In the days of terraces the very notion would be laughable. The fact we have to orchestrate something resembling an atmosphere is in itself a pardox.

:iagree:

Saw the orchestrated atmos at MK Dons last season, half peed myself/half gobsmacked.

Thought it would be a cold day in hell before it ever happened at HP.
How wrong I was.

I yearn for the 90's Home Park... The old Lyndhurst and Devonport were electric.

Jul 25, 2011
Pafcintheplace":37ahmuao said:
with-menace":37ahmuao said:

Saw the orchestrated atmos at MK Dons last season, half peed myself/half gobsmacked.

How wrong I was.

I yearn for the 90's Home Park... The old Lyndhurst and Devonport were electric.
Hats off to the guys n gals for trying but you cant beat P'd up spontaneity to warm your boots. Even if you do have to listen to a few idiots along the way.

Jul 25, 2011
Pafcintheplace":kkj4my1g said:
with-menace":kkj4my1g said:

How wrong I was.

almost pseudo North Korean :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Hail our great leader.Now theres a marketing strategy

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
ZeeZan6":2n37ohci said:
Cerbera":2n37ohci said:
See my thread 'That's what you get when you let kids in for £2'

It was totally cringeworthy. Didn't see any violence last night or Saturday, but then I sit in 7 and it's far enough away from Salsa Verde.

Zee, I think since you are on the 'board' of FV, you should accept the criticism from observerations and address them. Not blindly defend them and then when it gets a bit complicated, say you weren't in the DE last night. You could still hear the chants, you could still hear the pointless 'baiting' of Exeter - and it appears it was all for one fan? It's sad that at what was probably our best collective display this season so far, the DE in such fine voice for a small crowd, they chose to act like petulant children.

As I said previously in this thread I found the City chants cringeworthy, but other then that I was proud of FV for making noise throughout the game with a low attendance!

What is with all the ninnies on here disturbed about the anti-Exeter songs? When I first started going to Argyle I used to love the seething bitterness for City. Home & away we'd sing anti Exeter songs from before the game until the final whistle. You honestly have to read this messageboard to realise how sanitised football has become. You have home fans muttering grumblings because the naughty young lads are singing songs about Argyle's arch-rivals. You have a committee for trying to sing songs like it's an issue for Plymouth City Council. In another thread, you had official complaints and a forced apology because an opposition player said a naughty word to a 14 yr old lad who wound him up by not getting the ball. The game really has lost so much of its charm and character in such a short space of time.