what is forza verde? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

what is forza verde?

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
hairy j":3sig5l38 said:
Wozzer":3sig5l38 said:
rose":3sig5l38 said:
Wozzer":3sig5l38 said:
Just out of interest, what is the role of the FV committee ?
displays, raising profile, setting and meeting targets...ect

Targets ?

Targets :lol:

To become the Hitler youth and report any form of dissension to the stewards. If we have only won two games in eleven league matches and decide to voice our displeasure, it must not be tolerated and it must be stamped out. If we are not winning a football match and we revert to one up front and play a striker at right back with fifteen minutes to go, you must not complain or you will face the wrath of teenagers. If you display a flag that has not been sanctioned by the committee, you will be crushed. If you divert from the planned set-list of non-Argyle related chants that you hear on Sky Sports when Man Utd are playing, you will be asked to leave the area and think about what you have done.

When I started going, I went with my Dad until I was old enough to go with my friends. We would stand in the old Devonport and chant and sing and shout but not one of us who went had a website, a flag or arranged anything at all that was orchestrated and we would respond to what was happening on the pitch. What's wrong with that?

I suspect that someone somewhere has promised these Forza Thingamabobs that they will get an NVQ in Spectator Support if they do this for a season... you won't, they've lied to you boys and girl.

When are we getting a naughty step at Home Park for fans who have gone too far and said a rude word to the linesman?

was going to say to try and get more of a higher profile. Please spare me your life story also, I really couldn't care; i'm not Piers Morgan.

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
Leigh Rapson":gg1i4pvh said:
ZeeZan6":gg1i4pvh said:
jacobmilton":gg1i4pvh said:
how to become a forza verde comity member:
be 50 - 80 years old
have no life and only come out of the house on Saturdays
get other people to donate money to the cause instead of myself

and bingo your on the comity and you can now think your bigger than any other argyle and you can now start every sentence with the words i am on the forza verde comity.

:lol:
Definitely my favourite post on this website ever.
Obviously on a wind up, but still funny.

PS. Those who chose to talk about me on another site, please come talk to me in person where I can reply to your concerns right away. I attend every home league game, in the Devonport end, and I can be found in the Britannia/FansFest depending on my mood pre match.. I will happily talk to anyone. (Oh and I will be at Barnet Saturday)

You don't always sit in the demport! :whistle: :coat:

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
GregCampbellFanClub":m7qdi8kk said:
zee - i think most of those on the 'other site' are banned so are unable to ask questions directly..............

why dont you use the account you have (?) and answer the 'crtics'.

I had an account on there a while ago, and got it deleted.
Hence why I invited people to talk to me in person.. I am not hard to find, and easy to talk to.

J

jacobmilton

alright i am thick as poo but what realy annoys me is all the forza verde walk around argyle like they own the place and shout down anyone who has a differnt oppinion. just becuase your on the forza verde commity doesnt make u james brent and what does the committee decide on any way. which flag to wave ?

Dec 19, 2008
rose":3f5yc38b said:
hairy j":3f5yc38b said:
Wozzer":3f5yc38b said:
rose":3f5yc38b said:
Wozzer":3f5yc38b said:

Targets ?

To become the Hitler youth and report any form of dissension to the stewards. If we have only won two games in eleven league matches and decide to voice our displeasure, it must not be tolerated and it must be stamped out. If we are not winning a football match and we revert to one up front and play a striker at right back with fifteen minutes to go, you must not complain or you will face the wrath of teenagers. If you display a flag that has not been sanctioned by the committee, you will be crushed. If you divert from the planned set-list of non-Argyle related chants that you hear on Sky Sports when Man Utd are playing, you will be asked to leave the area and think about what you have done.

When I started going, I went with my Dad until I was old enough to go with my friends. We would stand in the old Devonport and chant and sing and shout but not one of us who went had a website, a flag or arranged anything at all that was orchestrated and we would respond to what was happening on the pitch. What's wrong with that?

I suspect that someone somewhere has promised these Forza Thingamabobs that they will get an NVQ in Spectator Support if they do this for a season... you won't, they've lied to you boys and girl.

When are we getting a naughty step at Home Park for fans who have gone too far and said a rude word to the linesman?

was going to say to try and get more of a higher profile. Please spare me your life story also, I really couldn't care; i'm not Piers Morgan.

It's a better life story than, "I have been frequenting games for three years and hit a drum". You could have a higher profile if the entire end was full and we had 15,000+ crowds every other Saturday but we don't. In addition, the utter lack of a real atmosphere is down to the fact we no longer play teams who bring anyone with them - West Brom, Pompey, Leeds, Birmingham, Villa, Bristol City - we used to play them quite often when I was of the Forza Verde age and we used to beat them too. I'd rather listen to a story about how we beat Leeds 6-3 at home than the time the Forza Verde got a flag out in front of 6,000 people and we lost 1-3 against Port Vale. I wonder what Forza Verde would do if they were drowned out by 4,000 Leeds fans all chanting WE ARE LEEDS. Probably go off and cry to their Mum's and Dad's that the nasty older boys were louder and they didn't even have flags :sad:
You need a lot of vocal home and away fans chanting back and forth against one another to make a real atmosphere and that involves singing songs about how much you hate them - most of it's just banter too and there's nothing wrong with that.

In addition rose, I've been going regularly since 1986 and I think I'm permitted an opinion on this subject as I have supported the club a lot longer than you have, put in a lot more cash over the many years and that deserves a little respect. There's people a lot, lot older than me who go to Home Park who've gone for many, many more years who are absolutely sick to death of your committee and your flag waving and your drumming too - should they all shut up?

jacobmilton":3f5yc38b said:
alright i am thick as poo but what realy annoys me is all the forza verde walk around argyle like they own the place and shout down anyone who has a differnt oppinion. just becuase your on the forza verde commity doesnt make u james brent and what does the committee decide on any way. which flag to wave ?

Jesus Jacob - you aren't doing yourself any favours.

It's probably because those they look up to think the same... #justsaying

In addition, what exactly happened to the individual who was holding a Fletcher Out banner? Can anyone care to answer that or is trouble in the Devonport now something that the Forza Thingamabobs won't talk about? Are Argyle fans not permitted to do anything other than fully support everything that a committee supports now? There are rumours that person was also assaulted.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Cerbera":1o1crz5q said:
hairy j":1o1crz5q said:
Wozzer":1o1crz5q said:
rose":1o1crz5q said:
Wozzer":1o1crz5q said:

Targets ?

:nworthy:

Totally agree. sing what you like, it only makes you look fools. By the way, edh Pompey are our arch rivals, not that small club 38 miles up the A38, but I guess you are too young to remember?

Is that why when we played Exeter in the league cup last year, violence nearly broke out in the stands and onto the pitch? Fans were being assaulted outside of the ground.

Meanwhile how many fans did Pompey bring this season - did they care? Did we care? I know I didn't.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
Erm, I'm not saying it wasn't a good game or great result or that home park wasn't a smashing ground (as it was!) but the gaps in the terracing and sparce demport say a lot about the crowd. Good crowd? Would dispute that a little.

Dec 19, 2008
Kevin_Dacombe":3cl5hkl4 said:
Erm, I'm not saying it wasn't a good game or great result or that home park wasn't a smashing ground (as it was!) but the gaps in the terracing and sparce demport say a lot about the crowd. Good crowd? Would dispute that a little.

9.358 and it was almost an all standing Home Park back then hence why it looked a little sparse. My point was, the away end was full and the atmosphere was better because of it. We also didn't have a load of teenagers waving flags in the crowd.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
jacobmilton":1k5g6zzx said:

That's nice...

(inside joke for any fans of "Mrs Brown's Boys" on BBC1 ;) )

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ollieargyle9":pxcrujcr said:
jacobmilton":pxcrujcr said:

That's nice...

(inside joke for any fans of "Mrs Brown's Boys" on BBC1 ;) )

so it should be: 'which feckin flag to wave'? :whistle: (oh i didn't put flipping, mine rhymed with 'do you reckin')

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
hairy j":2uw5rjbb said:
we used to play them quite often when I was of the Forza Verde age

According to jacobmilton it look's like you're fine Hairy, your time will come:

jacobmilton":2uw5rjbb said:
how to become a forza verde comity member:
be 50 - 80 years old

:) :) :)

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
hairy j":2qzw5snz said:
Kevin_Dacombe":2qzw5snz said:

9.358 and it was almost an all standing Home Park back then hence why it looked a little sparse. My point was, the away end was full and the atmosphere was better because of it. We also didn't have a load of teenagers waving flags in the crowd.

Also the Lyndhurst was the place to go at the time. God I miss those days. The only flags you saw were union ones tied to the fences. And no drums. If only I had a time machine...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GM Vauxhall":1kftf035 said:
hairy j":1kftf035 said:
Kevin_Dacombe":1kftf035 said:

Also the Lyndhurst was the place to go at the time. God I miss those days. The only flags you saw were union ones tied to the fences. And no drums. If only I had a time machine...

Its memories though isn't it? We all look back on our memories in a better light than others would see them or as we felt at the time that they actually occured. As someone that beagn his Argyle supporting career only as far back as 2002-03 season (10 years this month actually) I wouldn't trade any of my Argyle memories for anything that happened before them, thats not to say that my memories are better just that they are seen in a positive light because it reminds me of my youth as you and Hairy's memories remind you of your younger days.

If the fans of the future feel that the new way to watch football is a karaoke session led by a committee who send large flags around the ground then who am I as a young fan of the past to force the new generation to support the team the way I did in my day? Things aren't going to change for me so I have two options the first is to let the youngsters get on with it while I carry out the same Argyle routine I did when I started out or the second would be to ask someone to hand me a flag, a list of songs with their respective lines and a camera to take my mugshot in front of the murals and just get on with it because either way FV will carry on with or without me...

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
hairy j":28y73u68 said:
rose":28y73u68 said:
hairy j":28y73u68 said:
Wozzer":28y73u68 said:
rose":28y73u68 said:
Wozzer":28y73u68 said:

Targets ?

It's a better life story than, "I have been frequenting games for three years and hit a drum". You could have a higher profile if the entire end was full and we had 15,000+ crowds every other Saturday but we don't. In addition, the utter lack of a real atmosphere is down to the fact we no longer play teams who bring anyone with them - West Brom, Pompey, Leeds, Birmingham, Villa, Bristol City - we used to play them quite often when I was of the Forza Verde age and we used to beat them too. I'd rather listen to a story about how we beat Leeds 6-3 at home than the time the Forza Verde got a flag out in front of 6,000 people and we lost 1-3 against Port Vale. I wonder what Forza Verde would do if they were drowned out by 4,000 Leeds fans all chanting WE ARE LEEDS. Probably go off and cry to their Mum's and Dad's that the nasty older boys were louder and they didn't even have flags :sad:
You need a lot of vocal home and away fans chanting back and forth against one another to make a real atmosphere and that involves singing songs about how much you hate them - most of it's just banter too and there's nothing wrong with that.

In addition rose, I've been going regularly since 1986 and I think I'm permitted an opinion on this subject as I have supported the club a lot longer than you have, put in a lot more cash over the many years and that deserves a little respect. There's people a lot, lot older than me who go to Home Park who've gone for many, many more years who are absolutely sick to death of your committee and your flag waving and your drumming too - should they all shut up?

jacobmilton":28y73u68 said:

Jesus Jacob - you aren't doing yourself any favours.

It's probably because those they look up to think the same... #justsaying

In addition, what exactly happened to the individual who was holding a Fletcher Out banner? Can anyone care to answer that or is trouble in the Devonport now something that the Forza Thingamabobs won't talk about? Are Argyle fans not permitted to do anything other than fully support everything that a committee supports now? There are rumours that person was also assaulted.
What an essay of a response, you must of taken the bait. I've been going Argyle for more than three years, and yes when we had large crowds. Sorry for banging the drum, just trying to get a better atmosphere going.