what is forza verde? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

what is forza verde?

Mar 10, 2011
Plymouth
:iagree: :iagree:
Last season was a good atmosphere in he dev end but this season full of little idiots, sit down shut up and watch football, I'm sure there is a no standing policy at home park

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
Leigh Rapson":3pbnq3dl said:
Oh dear Zee, I never had you pegged as a sheep. The steward dealt with and removed the lad with the laser pointer. I didn't say it was chris's responsibility to deal with that. I said it was a good idea for Chris to get some info out to fv getting them to chill a little. A difference of opinion is one thing, trying to start a fight with one of your own is quite another.

I think fv is a good thing, always have but they are getting a little silly and need to calm it.

Leigh I am not a sheep, but I am on the FV committee so I will defend it where I think you are being unfair.
Bit in bold above.. no you didn't say that previously at all! If you feel that in your opinion information needs to be distributed, why not say that?
Why say "Webby needs to take them in hand"? That doesn't say the same thing does it?

and what do you expect the info to say? Hey guys lets all be nice to eachother and hold hands?

I can not comment on fighting amongst our own, as I wasn't in the Devonport last night.. but I did see arguing there on Saturday, nothing physical, people were just arguing, which is fine.. not pleasant, but nothing wrong with voicing opposing opinions..

ZeeZan6":vhynedij said:
Leigh Rapson":vhynedij said:
Oh dear Zee, I never had you pegged as a sheep. The steward dealt with and removed the lad with the laser pointer. I didn't say it was chris's responsibility to deal with that. I said it was a good idea for Chris to get some info out to fv getting them to chill a little. A difference of opinion is one thing, trying to start a fight with one of your own is quite another.

I think fv is a good thing, always have but they are getting a little silly and need to calm it.

Leigh I am not a sheep, but I am on the FV committee so I will defend it where I think you are being unfair.
Bit in bold above.. no you didn't say that previously at all! If you feel that in your opinion information needs to be distributed, why not say that?
Why say "Webby needs to take them in hand"? That doesn't say the same thing does it?

and what do you expect the info to say? Hey guys lets all be nice to eachother and hold hands?

I can not comment on fighting amongst our own, as I wasn't in the Devonport last night.. but I did see arguing there on Saturday, nothing physical, people were just arguing, which is fine.. not pleasant, but nothing wrong with voicing opposing opinions..

You didn't see the ginger lad that was sat with cobi get up and offer out the block in block four then? He was only just behind were you sit. The galling thing was they were two steps down from the steward and he bottled it and did nothing. I had a chat with cobi about it and he said his mate was drunk! There was a fight before the game last night. Its just getting silly, FV do a pretty good job but if they are going to start acting like prats they will lose any support they may have.

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
Leigh Rapson":2gdggnic said:
ZeeZan6":2gdggnic said:
Leigh Rapson":2gdggnic said:

You didn't see the ginger lad that was sat with cobi get up and offer out the block in block four then? He was only just behind were you sit. The galling thing was they were two steps down from the steward and he bottled it and did nothing. I had a chat with cobi about it and he said his mate was drunk! There was a fight before the game last night. Its just getting silly, FV do a pretty good job but if they are going to start acting like prats they will lose any support they may have.

Just to make it extra clear for you I have made it bold and underlined in my previous post ^ above..

Or are you on about Saturday... as no I didn't see anything Saturday

ZeeZan6":2838w66v said:
Leigh Rapson":2838w66v said:
ZeeZan6":2838w66v said:
Leigh Rapson":2838w66v said:

Just to make it extra clear for you I have made it bold and underlined in my previous post ^ above..

sorry was refering to saturday.

Jul 29, 2010
Far be it for me to point out the obvious but last night was a 7pm kick-off and a cheaply priced game to attract 'da yoof' who might not otherwise go to Argyle.

Why should it therefore come as a massive shock to anyone that pricing a game cheap enough for the great unwashed to get in with the change from their 3 litre bottle of White Lightning and at a time that get's them back to the tagging machine before curfew..............may induce some naughtiness. Encourage teenagers in and you'll get teenage behaviour.

This inquest this morning sounds a bit like middle class older parents scratching their heads in bewilderment at their trashed suburban house the morning after they threw a party for their teenage twins "we just wanted Julian and Jocasta to have a lovely time, advertising the party on facebook seemed logical and providing free drinks just seemed the nice thing to do, I simply can't understand what went wrong".

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
Leigh Rapson":dkzk4flu said:
ZeeZan6":dkzk4flu said:
ZeeZan6":dkzk4flu said:

sorry was refering to saturday.

My seat is in the middle of the row in block 3, and nowhere near Cobi and his boys, who sit towards the end of a row, about three rows higher up than me.
The only time I looked up to see anything, was when Chris Webb (Not THE Chris Webb, but there is another one) who sits in my row was arguing with a couple of the boys who were shouting Fletch out etc.. That's all I saw in terms of arguing on Saturday.

You say "FV do a pretty good job but if they are going to start acting like prats they will lose any support they may have" But Cobi and his pals are not part of FV!! They are against it. You only have to look at his posts on the internet to see that. The prats that are causing trouble are nothing to do with the group. They chose to sit in the middle of the group, just to try and cause trouble with people who are!

You also say "There was a fight before the game last night".. what does that have to do with a group that waves flags and sings songs? FV does not promote any sort of violence.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
See my thread 'That's what you get when you let kids in for £2'

It was totally cringeworthy. Didn't see any violence last night or Saturday, but then I sit in 7 and it's far enough away from Salsa Verde.

Zee, I think since you are on the 'board' of FV, you should accept the criticism from observerations and address them. Not blindly defend them and then when it gets a bit complicated, say you weren't in the DE last night. You could still hear the chants, you could still hear the pointless 'baiting' of Exeter - and it appears it was all for one fan? It's sad that at what was probably our best collective display this season so far, the DE in such fine voice for a small crowd, they chose to act like petulant children.

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
Cerbera":3nfj7zha said:

It was totally cringeworthy. Didn't see any violence last night or Saturday, but then I sit in 7 and it's far enough away from Salsa Verde.

Zee, I think since you are on the 'board' of FV, you should accept the criticism from observerations and address them. Not blindly defend them and then when it gets a bit complicated, say you weren't in the DE last night. You could still hear the chants, you could still hear the pointless 'baiting' of Exeter - and it appears it was all for one fan? It's sad that at what was probably our best collective display this season so far, the DE in such fine voice for a small crowd, they chose to act like petulant children.

As I said previously in this thread I found the City chants cringeworthy, but other then that I was proud of FV for making noise throughout the game with a low attendance!

I'm not blindly defending things.. But I/any fan can not tell people how to behave. I have not witnessed anyone doing anything wrong, but those who have can report it. It is the stewards job to police the crowd, they did not do their job if there was fighting taking place.

Jul 29, 2010
Sorry Cerbs, didn't see the other thread. That's two of us in the 'no sh*t Sherlock' club then.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
It's essentially a forced, plastic atmosphere. You don't need a name of a group, you don't need a bloody committee, you don't need to try and copy Italian displays at games. 'Ultras' groups aren't just about singing, they're essentially like cults and many are extremely political.

We're argyle, not Napoli or Zagreb! If you want to sing, turn up, stand up, do it - just like an away game. The atmosphere in the B16 days was 10x better. Whilst i admire FZ for trying to create atmosphere the atmosphere has got worse since it started.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":1ceh189z said:
Far be it for me to point out the obvious but last night was a 7pm kick-off and a cheaply priced game to attract 'da yoof' who might not otherwise go to Argyle.

Why should it therefore come as a massive shock to anyone that pricing a game cheap enough for the great unwashed to get in with the change from their 3 litre bottle of White Lightning and at a time that get's them back to the tagging machine before curfew..............may induce some naughtiness. Encourage teenagers in and you'll get teenage behaviour.

This inquest this morning sounds a bit like middle class older parents scratching their heads in bewilderment at their trashed suburban house the morning after they threw a party for their teenage twins "we just wanted Julian and Jocasta to have a lovely time, advertising the party on facebook seemed logical and providing free drinks just seemed the nice thing to do, I simply can't understand what went wrong".
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :nworthy:

I always genuinely enjoy your posts on this site even if I don't agree with them all the time. Very witty analogy.

Mar 10, 2011
Plymouth
ZeeZan6":2ppe3hs1 said:
Cerbera":2ppe3hs1 said:

As I said previously in this thread I found the City chants cringeworthy, but other then that I was proud of FV for making noise throughout the game with a low attendance!

I'm not blindly defending things.. But I/any fan can not tell people how to behave. I have not witnessed anyone doing anything wrong, but those who have can report it. It is the stewards job to police the crowd, they did not do their job if there was fighting taking place.

You have said that the only thing you saw on saturday was Chris Webb (not that one) arguing with some scroat, the same scroat that was told in previous weeks to sit down but continues to stand and cause trouble, the same one that offered your mate out and another person as well, Maybe use your position on the board of FV to chat to the club and then inturn discuss with the so called stewards how to deal with these scroats. I was close to walking out on saturday and taking my 8 year old away from this.
He may not be part of FV but if he continues then that is going to give FV a bad name

M

Marcus The Green

Nobby":2rbue3f7 said:
It's essentially a forced, plastic atmosphere. You don't need a name of a group, you don't need a bloody committee, you don't need to try and copy Italian displays at games. 'Ultras' groups aren't just about singing, they're essentially like cults and many are extremely political.

We're argyle, not Napoli or Zagreb! If you want to sing, turn up, stand up, do it - just like an away game. The atmosphere in the B16 days was 10x better. Whilst i admire FZ for trying to create atmosphere the atmosphere has got worse since it started.

So is the atmosphere forced at the Italian grounds? I know if I was a player playing in those surroundings, it would be pretty intimidating. Forced or not. When you hear/see the atmosphere of the Italian, Turkish or even German fans, do you think it's rubbish because it's orchestrated or think "wow, that's impressive"?
We aren't the only club to try the "Ultra" idea in this country, Palace's Holmsdale Fanatics & the Accrington Stanley Ultra's being the most notable, none of which (to my knowledge) have a political agenda. All are trying to recreate that intimidating atmosphere they see in other countries.

As for the bit in bold....Really? You must have blanked out what sitting at Home Park was like before the start of the Forza Verde experiment. It was deathly quite at times. When we were losing you could hear the managers from the dugouts. Like it or not, it gave the atmosphere the kick up it's backside it desperately needed.

Jul 29, 2010
I like enforced jollyment about as much as i'd imagine i'd like open heart surgery without an anaesthetic. However, from afar (and that's as 'far' as I can possibly get) I would support Marcus in his assertion the atmosphere has improved.

I don't look at it, I don't join in with it, I wish to god it was spontaneaous and not quite so 'flask of weak lemon squash and elasoplast on the spectacles' as it comes over but there is at least some noise now where in the last couple of seasons there was virtually none.