Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor?? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor??

G

Gareth Nicholson

Reid's being spun as much as the rest of us. Couple of signings to get a bit of excitement up, which will make the more excitable of us talk about promotion on the basis of:

a) a couple of friendlies; and

b) without having seen any of the other teams in L2

All the while the staff haven't been paid and don't look like they will be paid.

Whatever your views on Ridsdale and Heaney (and mine are on the record), what cannot be argued is that this process has been an utter shambles and Ridsdale, Heaney and Guilfoyle are guilty of constantly triangulating and dissembling for personal gain.

If that's what they're doing now, and given their baggage, how can anyone be confident about what they'll do when they're in control?

There's more than a hint of the 'Uncle Tom' mentality about this.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
marin(er)":2v22rllr said:
Well we will see if that call is ever made. If it is I for one will be throwing my season ticket away and boycotting our brand new community club. Don't want a community club run by people who have no idea what they are doing. Don't want to bear witness to
Plymouth Argyle levelling with the likes of Exeter, mk dons, Wrexham, Chester and York. Run by fans for THEMSELVES.
Brent wants to get involved for hardly any investment, will give the club to 'the community' the ground to the council and develop whats left....( the car park etc.) That's the measure of plan b.... and we don't even get a new stand from it.
I want business people in charge of the club with experience on what to do to get us out of this mess. Ridsdale is the perfect choice. I don't care who develops the land as long as we get to play at home park and plan A gives us more chance of getting the stand redone. I want Peter Reid to carry on assembling what looks like a great team and I want argyle to win the league.

Come on plan B it's a triple jackpot get rid of Heaney, Ridsdale and Marin(er) all in one go.

B

bandwagon

Mark Pedlar":179bwqyn said:
bandwagon":179bwqyn said:
marin(er)":179bwqyn said:
Well we will see if that call is ever made. If it is I for one will be throwing my season ticket away and boycotting our brand new community club. Don't want a community club run by people who have no idea what they are doing. Don't want to bear witness to
Plymouth Argyle levelling with the likes of Exeter, mk dons, Wrexham, Chester and York. Run by fans for THEMSELVES.
Brent wants to get involved for hardly any investment, will give the club to 'the community' the ground to the council and develop whats left....( the car park etc.) That's the measure of plan b.... and we don't even get a new stand from it.
I want business people in charge of the club with experience on what to do to get us out of this mess. Ridsdale is the perfect choice. I don't care who develops the land as long as we get to play at home park and plan A gives us more chance of getting the stand redone. I want Peter Reid to carry on assembling what looks like a great team and I want argyle to win the league.

I am 100% opposite to your thoughts, always have been - you must live with the morals of a slug and we're all still waiting to hear details for your 'great pyramid scheme' to save the club......

Don't throw that ST away, you could donate it to a fan might not be able to afford it!!

Uh? you don't want Reid to assemble a good team?

Ok, agree the last bit - 99% then!! :) :) :) :)

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
marin(er)":p0xppbyx said:

If you think that someone like James Brent would spend time and resource taking on the football club and then fail to embrace professionalism and proper corporate governance, then you're even more deluded than I thought.

Furthermore, the clubs you cite were all brought to their knees by the behaviour of maverick owners.

If anything, our situation is worse - because our PB solution is registered beyond UK jurisdiction, and cloaked in secrecy.

Mar 17, 2011
marin(er)":30yvcdl4 said:
Mk done aren't a community club! Created to enable a property development with a stadium separated from the club. Exactly the sort of club we'd become if heaney succeeds. You only have to look at their losses to see separate ownership of the stadium doesnt work for the football club.

M

marin(er)

Graham Clark":248ventp said:
marin(er)":248ventp said:

Can I ask where you have got the idea that a Rescue Plan will "be run by people have no idea what they are doing". What is being proposed is a football club being run on sustainable means with proper corporate governance within the control of a private sector owner. The degree to which supporters have any formal involvement in the club is yet to be established, whether thta be as a legitimate consultative group or participative shareholders.

I note you have made no comment about Bishop International ltd's will or financial ability to complete the Sale and Purchase Agreement now Heaney's financial difficulties have been proven. As far as the rest of your assetions are concerned, with respect, you are only guessing after the passage of time has eaten away at your original prospectus.

Wow, is that a glimpse of what might be happening? You see, this plan B is shrouded in mystery. but what I do know is this, unless of course it's changed.
Brent wants to provide the club with the money it needs less the money he gets back from the council for the football ground. He then wants to hand the club 'back' to the community. whether he will want to hang on to shares etc. who knows but basically it seems he wants nothing to do with it. he will no doubt hang on to some nice little pockets of land for development purposes. ( please correct me if I am wrong.....)
Then there is this thing about the club. all sounds very nice. corporate governance, sustainable means etc. etc. But there's where it falls down. Its like trying to smuggle drugs lawfully. Football is corrupt from the top down, practically every club lives outside its means. If the club is run in the way you are saying it will die a slow,painful death witnessed by a dwindling support. The staff will be trimmed to virtually none and our squad will have to take an immediate adjustment getting rid of our last higher earners.
Heaneys 'money problems' have not been proved at all. No one knows what Heaneys money situation is but it has been stated by a solicitor that he has the money to complete a deal.
It's about time we faced the truth here. We are in the crap but have an offer to keep the club going and in the hands of people that can actually fight toe to toe with the rest of the football world. for me it's plan A or nothing because plan B is starting again in my eyes. Community lead... Phoenix, I think phoenix has the edge.

M

marin(er)

Andy_Symons":1ehhgjbz said:
marin(er)":1ehhgjbz said:

Really? I thought you'd been wearing your keyboard out slagging off people who were refusing to buy season tickets and paying on the day instead. At least they were going to attend games.

Call yourself a supporter?

And as for your 'run by fans for THEMSELVES' jibe, what do you imagine Riddler and Heaney's motivation is? They hardly represent co-operative values, do they?

I have said this before and will say it again. I am not interested in supporting any other club than Argyle. A community lead club is a worse option for me than a new start club. I can see it now..... Plymouth Argyle, the mugs that went straight and ended up in the Ryman league.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
marin(er)":ul7okz0t said:
Andy_Symons":ul7okz0t said:
marin(er)":ul7okz0t said:

Really? I thought you'd been wearing your keyboard out slagging off people who were refusing to buy season tickets and paying on the day instead. At least they were going to attend games.

And as for your 'run by fans for THEMSELVES' jibe, what do you imagine Riddler and Heaney's motivation is? They hardly represent co-operative values, do they?

I have said this before and will say it again. I am not interested in supporting any other club than Argyle. A community lead club is a worse option for me than a new start club. I can see it now..... Plymouth Argyle, the mugs that went straight and ended up in the Ryman league.

Sadly mate any respect I had for you for your lone stance has evaporated following your last couple of posts.

T

Tim Chown

marin(er)":3jdsr8d6 said:
Wow, is that a glimpse of what might be happening? You see, this plan B is shrouded in mystery. but what I do know is this, unless of course it's changed.
Brent wants to provide the club with the money it needs less the money he gets back from the council for the football ground. He then wants to hand the club 'back' to the community. whether he will want to hang on to shares etc. who knows but basically it seems he wants nothing to do with it. he will no doubt hang on to some nice little pockets of land for development purposes. ( please correct me if I am wrong.....)
Then there is this thing about the club. all sounds very nice. corporate governance, sustainable means etc. etc. But there's where it falls down. Its like trying to smuggle drugs lawfully. Football is corrupt from the top down, practically every club lives outside its means. If the club is run in the way you are saying it will die a slow,painful death witnessed by a dwindling support. The staff will be trimmed to virtually none and our squad will have to take an immediate adjustment getting rid of our last higher earners.
Heaneys 'money problems' have not been proved at all. No one knows what Heaneys money situation is but it has been stated by a solicitor that he has the money to complete a deal.
It's about time we faced the truth here. We are in the crap but have an offer to keep the club going and in the hands of people that can actually fight toe to toe with the rest of the football world. for me it's plan A or nothing because plan B is starting again in my eyes. Community lead... Phoenix, I think phoenix has the edge.

Your posts get more and more rediculous. I'm amazed you don't have the Cock of the Week award.

Brent has stated he is a reluctant bidder, but that if he bought the club he would be an entusiastic owner. Look at the effort he's putting in to get to today's Plan B meeting, when he could just stay in the shadows.

That other clubs do not live within their means is not a reason we should not. Have you learnt NOTHING from the last 3 years of mismanagement at Argyle? Brent stated we would have to live within our means, and that is as it should be. And we can do, once the last of the Championship wage players goes or takes a pay cut. With the 55% rule in league 2, we can be in a good position with gates of 5000-7000.

As for Heaney's finances, read the other threads here. Remember that those behind Heaney, if there indeed is anyone still behind him now, apparently have zero interest in investing in the football club. We get - perhaps - a one-year pot of cash, and then we have to stand on our own feet. In that regard, Plan A and Plan B are not different, except with Plan B we get Brent keeping Ridsdale on a leash if he chooses to run with the Riddler as his chief exec. With Plan A, we have Ridsdale signing the cheques, and drawing a large consultancy fee. I know which plan I think is sustainable.

L

Laughter My Ploy

Marin(er).....I guess you should be offering your money raising scheme to Ridsdale and his cohorts instead of to the Trust as their participation in Plan B as its such an anathema

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
marin(er)":kcpqijar said:

This riduculous statement just proves that you are a complete an utter troll. You have constantly told other people that they should support the club, irrespective of the fact that they do not approve of or trust the PB's, saying anything is better than liquidation.

Well, now that your preffereed bidder is having difficulties you want to abandon your club? Because you don't like the potential owners? You total ******* hypocrite. You will boycott the club you say you want to be successful? How can you deride others for choosing POTD instead of ST's when if your chap doesn't win the bid you're off for good?

I personally am firmly of the opinion that you are a plant from the Heany/Risdale bid, and are not an Arglye fan.

Personalyl I will be going Arglye next season regardless, whoever wins, tho I would rather have Brent. Just my opinion, i couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks of this.

Dec 7, 2006
:iagree: Well said. Why anyone even bothers to read anything Marin(er) posts anymore - apart from novelty value - is beyond me. :roll:

T

Tim Chown

Indeed... are you Marin(er) or Marin(a) or once related to her?

PS. Is there an Argyle fan out there that can spell ridiculous :oops:

M

marin(er)

Womble":2eux2093 said:
marin(er)":2eux2093 said:

This riduculous statement just proves that you are a complete an utter troll. You have constantly told other people that they should support the club, irrespective of the fact that they do not approve of or trust the PB's, saying anything is better than liquidation.

Well, now that your preffereed bidder is having difficulties you want to abandon your club? Because you don't like the potential owners? You total ******* hypocrite. You will boycott the club you say you want to be successful? How can you deride others for choosing POTD instead of ST's when if your chap doesn't win the bid you're off for good?

I personally am firmly of the opinion that you are a plant from the Heany/Ridsdale bid, and are not an Arglye fan.

Personalyl I will be going Arglye next season regardless, whoever wins, tho I would rather have Brent. Just my opinion, i couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks of this.

Personally I will be going to Argyle this season if it remains argyle. As a community lead club it won't be argyle and I don't want to witness the slow death of the argyle name. Argyle living within it's means......... Well you might as well resign yourselves to the fact that our finest possible achievement will only ever be a yoyo club from div 1 and 2. It's not what I want as a supporter and that is the case for all of us. We may live in the 20th largest city in the uk but we don't get the 20th largest crowds unfortunately.

A

andyr1963

marin(er)":3tdn4r3v said:
Andy_Symons":3tdn4r3v said:
marin(er)":3tdn4r3v said:

And there you have it. The corrupt morals of an alley cat. Scum.