Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor?? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor??

A

Anonymous

twickersargyle1":20igsjtz said:
But what is that statement actually based on, Ian, other than the fact you'd like to think you have some kind of control over a big business deal?

I've got no control over a big business deal mate, but standing together, we have.

What do I base my thoughts on Heaney on? Very simply, loads of information coming through from all angles.

We just have to wait and see, won't we?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
So Brent's got good PR and a relatively unblemished record -he's still a property developer. I don't want a community club - I don't feel (or want to feel) part of the "community" that those running plan B are showing me. Just cos he smiles and says the right things doesn't make him any better than those behind plan A. If he cared so much he should have declared his hand at the point when he should have rather than trying to buy on the cheap and sniping from the side-lines or, even worse, lining up others to do it for him.

I want Reid to play proper football on the deck and play left-footers of the left. All the match positivity is being ground out of this site (but luckily not the wider fan-base) by ownership issues - I can't see that as being useful in any way, especially when the vision for Argyle of the plan B'ers is so similar to that offered by Plan A!

T

twickersargyle

IJN":uootkcb9 said:
twickersargyle1":uootkcb9 said:
But what is that statement actually based on, Ian, other than the fact you'd like to think you have some kind of control over a big business deal?

I've got no control over a big business deal mate, but standing together, we have.

What do I base my thoughts on Heaney on? Very simply, loads of information coming through from all angles.

We just have to wait and see, won't we?

Indeed we will. I don't, of course, know who your sources are, but unless they are Heaney or Ridsdale themselves, they won't really know what's going to happen.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
IJN":3ka4m2pb said:
I personally hope Heaney will be 'it', even if a certain ex director is behind this, he'll never come out. If it someone with a Northern bias, again, he'll never come out.

So, I'm hoping that they fade away and f*** off from whence they came.

I've met Brent, he's the sort of man I want behind my community club.

Do I want a community club, not really, I'd love a mega rich nutter to come in at the 11th hour, tell The Trust to eff off, tell the fans to mind their own business and get back supporting the team.

Will that happen, will it hell.

So, we have to make do with what we got.

We've sort of accepted anonymity of the PB. We've had crap fed to us that the PB are not really football people, and don't want to be rung late at night about poor Argyle results. We've lost the reality that trustworthy people can be open about their ambitions. Brent is not an ideal purchaser. He doesn't have oodles of money, but he can face the Football League and tell them exactly who he is and what he can do for the club. Heaney, on the other hand, has hidden his identity, has a dubious financial track record, owns another club and still wants his buy-back clause.

T

twickersargyle

Mark Pedlar":1fmgfkqe said:
So Brent's got good PR and a relatively unblemished record -he's still a property developer. I don't want a community club - I don't feel (or want to feel) part of the "community" that those running plan B are showing me. Just cos he smiles and says the right things doesn't make him any better than those behind plan A. If he cared so much he should have declared his hand at the point when he should have rather than trying to buy on the cheap and sniping from the side-lines or, even worse, lining up others to do it for him.

I want Reid to play proper football on the deck and play left-footers of the left. All the match positivity is being ground out of this site (but luckily not the wider fan-base) by ownership issues - I can't see that as being useful in any way, especially when the vision for Argyle of the plan B'ers is so similar to that offered by Plan A!

Exactly, Mark. Brent is a businessman, Heaney is a businessman, Ridsdale is a businessman. In their private lives, they may all be very decent men. In their profession lives, they will do whatever it takes to further their own financial interests—as we all do. That doesn't mean they'll do anything illegal, but they will exploit loopholes in Football League rules, if they can, to further their ambitions—and why not? I would do exactly the same, as would every single poster on this site.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
twickersargyle1":fqpl7c0c said:
Mark Pedlar":fqpl7c0c said:

Exactly, Mark. Brent is a businessman, Heaney is a businessman, Ridsdale is a businessman. In their private lives, they may all be very decent men. In their profession lives, they will do whatever it takes to further their own financial interests—as we all do. That doesn't mean they'll do anything illegal, but they will exploit loopholes in Football League rules, if they can, to further their ambitions—and why not? I would do exactly the same, as would every single poster on this site.

Why would Brent need to exploit loopholes? When he made a bid, he bid as himself, as did Buttivant.

A

Anonymous

IJN":15locpd4 said:
As you asked me, yes I can.

I reckon by the weekend, Heaney will be history.

Whether that means the PB will come out into the open, or bring another stooge out, that I don't know.

Heaney's financial difficulties are based on fact. Proof of that has been uncovered and published on other threads. It is based on information that is freely available. If any one is any further doubt they should take a trip down to his Lemon Street office in Truro to witness his superglued letter box that prevents the service of further notices of proceedings.

The issue now is that the Sale and Purchase Agreement is between the Joint Venture partners associated with Bishop International Ltd and PAFC (125) Ltd. No-one knows the identity of the other parties associated with BIL and no-one knows whether any of them have the will or financial ability to complete the deal with Heaney being out of the equation. It will be for the Administrator to make a judgement call whether, despite Heaney's proven financial difficulties, he believes others can complete the agreement in his stead.

As soon as Brendan Guilfoyle makes the phone call to James Brent we will know that Plan A, as Peter Ridsdale now refers to it, is incapable of completion.

M

marin(er)

Well we will see if that call is ever made. If it is I for one will be throwing my season ticket away and boycotting our brand new community club. Don't want a community club run by people who have no idea what they are doing. Don't want to bear witness to
Plymouth Argyle levelling with the likes of Exeter, mk dons, Wrexham, Chester and York. Run by fans for THEMSELVES.
Brent wants to get involved for hardly any investment, will give the club to 'the community' the ground to the council and develop whats left....( the car park etc.) That's the measure of plan b.... and we don't even get a new stand from it.
I want business people in charge of the club with experience on what to do to get us out of this mess. Ridsdale is the perfect choice. I don't care who develops the land as long as we get to play at home park and plan A gives us more chance of getting the stand redone. I want Peter Reid to carry on assembling what looks like a great team and I want argyle to win the league.

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
marin(er)":jzyvftjl said:
Well we will see if that call is ever made. If it is I for one will be throwing my season ticket away and boycotting our brand new community club. Don't want a community club run by people who have no idea what they are doing. Don't want to bear witness to
Plymouth Argyle levelling with the likes of Exeter, mk dons, Wrexham, Chester and York. Run by fans for THEMSELVES.
Brent wants to get involved for hardly any investment, will give the club to 'the community' the ground to the council and develop whats left....( the car park etc.) That's the measure of plan b.... and we don't even get a new stand from it.
I want business people in charge of the club with experience on what to do to get us out of this mess. Ridsdale is the perfect choice. I don't care who develops the land as long as we get to play at home park and plan A gives us more chance of getting the stand redone. I want Peter Reid to carry on assembling what looks like a great team and I want argyle to win the league.

Rather contradictory there Marin(er) :wink: Appears that you want your cake and to eat it too!! :)

Aug 15, 2008
marin(er)":3u3reoup said:

Mariner your a nutter, you have to be to be sycophantically following the pied piper riddler lemmingesque fashion into the abyss and a new dark age. Let us therefore brace ourselves so that when plan b comes to the rescue we can all say "this is our finest hour"

A

Anonymous

marin(er)":13e42jji said:

Can I ask where you have got the idea that a Rescue Plan will "be run by people have no idea what they are doing". What is being proposed is a football club being run on sustainable means with proper corporate governance within the control of a private sector owner. The degree to which supporters have any formal involvement in the club is yet to be established, whether thta be as a legitimate consultative group or participative shareholders.

I note you have made no comment about Bishop International ltd's will or financial ability to complete the Sale and Purchase Agreement now Heaney's financial difficulties have been proven. As far as the rest of your assetions are concerned, with respect, you are only guessing after the passage of time has eaten away at your original prospectus.

B

bandwagon

marin(er)":s8bef7of said:

I am 100% opposite to your thoughts, always have been - you must live with the morals of a slug and we're all still waiting to hear details for your 'great pyramid scheme' to save the club......

Don't throw that ST away, you could donate it to a fan might not be able to afford it!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
bandwagon":3jp9kzow said:
marin(er)":3jp9kzow said:

I am 100% opposite to your thoughts, always have been - you must live with the morals of a slug and we're all still waiting to hear details for your 'great pyramid scheme' to save the club......

Don't throw that ST away, you could donate it to a fan might not be able to afford it!!

Uh? you don't want Reid to assemble a good team?