Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor?? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor??

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
If Plan B comes to fruition and we're having a party I bet if I look up to the window I'll be able to see poor marin(er)'s glum face looking in longingly as he realises that all along he was wrong to go gainst it.

The question is would he be forgiven and let in through the door to receive forgiveness?

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
marin(er)":2cka0x3i said:
Graham Clark":2cka0x3i said:
marin(er)":2cka0x3i said:
Well we will see if that call is ever made. If it is I for one will be throwing my season ticket away and boycotting our brand new community club. Don't want a community club run by people who have no idea what they are doing. Don't want to bear witness to
Plymouth Argyle levelling with the likes of Exeter, mk dons, Wrexham, Chester and York. Run by fans for THEMSELVES.
Brent wants to get involved for hardly any investment, will give the club to 'the community' the ground to the council and develop whats left....( the car park etc.) That's the measure of plan b.... and we don't even get a new stand from it.
I want business people in charge of the club with experience on what to do to get us out of this mess. Ridsdale is the perfect choice. I don't care who develops the land as long as we get to play at home park and plan A gives us more chance of getting the stand redone. I want Peter Reid to carry on assembling what looks like a great team and I want argyle to win the league.

Can I ask where you have got the idea that a Rescue Plan will "be run by people have no idea what they are doing". What is being proposed is a football club being run on sustainable means with proper corporate governance within the control of a private sector owner. The degree to which supporters have any formal involvement in the club is yet to be established, whether thta be as a legitimate consultative group or participative shareholders.

I note you have made no comment about Bishop International ltd's will or financial ability to complete the Sale and Purchase Agreement now Heaney's financial difficulties have been proven. As far as the rest of your assetions are concerned, with respect, you are only guessing after the passage of time has eaten away at your original prospectus.

Wow, is that a glimpse of what might be happening? You see, this plan B is shrouded in mystery. but what I do know is this, unless of course it's changed.
Brent wants to provide the club with the money it needs less the money he gets back from the council for the football ground. He then wants to hand the club 'back' to the community. whether he will want to hang on to shares etc. who knows but basically it seems he wants nothing to do with it. he will no doubt hang on to some nice little pockets of land for development purposes. ( please correct me if I am wrong.....)
Then there is this thing about the club. all sounds very nice. corporate governance, sustainable means etc. etc. But there's where it falls down. Its like trying to smuggle drugs lawfully. Football is corrupt from the top down, practically every club lives outside its means. If the club is run in the way you are saying it will die a slow,painful death witnessed by a dwindling support. The staff will be trimmed to virtually none and our squad will have to take an immediate adjustment getting rid of our last higher earners.
Heaneys 'money problems' have not been proved at all. No one knows what Heaneys money situation is but it has been stated by a solicitor that he has the money to complete a deal.
It's about time we faced the truth here. We are in the crap but have an offer to keep the club going and in the hands of people that can actually fight toe to toe with the rest of the football world. for me it's plan A or nothing because plan B is starting again in my eyes. Community lead... Phoenix, I think phoenix has the edge.

The model of living outside your means and hoping that you will be bailed out by a rich individual or using the administration safety net unique to football has run its course. Our own club it the prime example of what can happen when you live beyond your means. Some of the clubs in the Championship are in a worse state than we were with much 'larger numbers' and the pack of cards is getting closer and closer to falling down.

What a good time to set up a club in a sustainable way whilst the others collapse in football's own version of the credit crunch.

B

bandwagon

IJN":3hdg20q0 said:
I (sort of) trust Guilfoyle as well.

A) He is a gent.
B) He's an officer of the court
C) He has too much to lose.

Problem is, he's nailed his colours to the wrong mast and if anything, he's 'guilty' of trusting the likes of Heaney.

I hope he does the right thing, perhaps today, and give JB a tug.

Don't forget, if JB is the PB, others could then want to get involved with PAFC.

Is this 'tugging' thing a sort of northern trait - jeeze, don't bear thinkin about!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
bizzay1":3bw0zloo said:
Anyways, why did the riddler go to see the herald editor ??

To make sure they didn't give him any adverse publicity regarding his appointment in Cardiff today that might affect season ticket sales?

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Bodmin Tew":11b1fkc8 said:
Marin(er)'s losing his rag
Esmer's losing his rag
Commie's lost his spell-check button but is at least still pleasantly still on acid
Heaney's not lost anything yet, but he has gained a CCJ which I'm sure he's delighted with........

What's going on people?

:lol:
oooohh you little sod bodmin :lol: what are you like :) just gona have afew beers and something to eat,have a chat latter,oh and get up and renew your ticket man,whats the matter with you,av a word with yourself bods :grin:

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
bizzay1":3q214fmf said:
yeah and i want to know what shirt sise he his,iam finding it dificult to sleep with out knowing all this stuff about the ris a lar,( as in gav a lar of gavin and stacey)

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
IJN":2ksshrkr said:
fishypilgrim":2ksshrkr said:
Let's just say for arguments sake and on a purely hypothetical basis that everything works out .
1) The FL grant us the "golden" share - . This has to be the nr 1 priority at the moment I would have thought .
2) The take over finally goes through and the PB actually pay up the £6m OR whatever amount is involved and subsequently transfer the ownership of the club to Peter Ridsdale for £1 .
3) The staff and players get paid their outstanding and way overdue wages ( By the way that's not the PB's fault )
4) We actually put out a good footballing side capable of challenging near the top of this division . And from what i have seen Friday and last night we are close to it .

How will you feel and what will you do . This is not a dig at anyone by the way . I am not sure about the PB or the way the admin process has been run or about the secrecy issues .

I would have thought the vast majority would be chuffed to bits with that scenario.

Then again, most of us would be chuffed if Santa was real, and Elvis was still alive.

He isn't! :shock: He's not! :shock: :cry: :(

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Plymouth at number 20 according to this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_la ... population

Anyway, I don't have another team, never have. Have supported argyle since 1975 I am an argyle supporter. I am gutted as to what has happened to us but I am also a realist.
We are completely in the crap but we have an offer on the table that has been completely bombarded by the hierarchy on this site as being everything that hell represents. it has definitely become a witch hunt on a scale that is almost embarrassing. The quest to derail the bid by Brent and his deciples is shocking also.
when our club needed it's supporters in it's hour of need where were they? playing detective, playing boardrooms, playing political activists. The club needs ST holders, it needs backing and it needs a future and a large proportion of you are giving more support to PCC planning, a hotelier who keeps saying he does but he doesnt and a few dozen wannabes.....
Wake up and smell the coffee people, the club is still here and despite the comparisons of other clubs like Coventry, Sheffield utd and PNE we will go under because we have yet to hit 2000 season tickets. Each one of those clubs could sell that amount in a morning because their supporters are there for them.[/quote]

I'm convinced you're Keith Todd.[/quote]

You just read my mind Tim :eek:

R

Rupert

bizzay1":1vy11s2h said:

Argyle chairmen popping in to our place to see the editor(s) is hardly rare. It has happened enough times in the past.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Rupert":186fgwb6 said:
bizzay1":186fgwb6 said:

Argyle chairmen popping in to our place to see the editor(s) is hardly rare. It has happened enough times in the past.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That has ruined the 8 previous pages of gossip, inuendo and conspiricy theories in one sentence!

Oct 24, 2010
GreenGuy":dehznarx said:
marin(er)":dehznarx said:
Wow, is that a glimpse of what might be happening? You see, this plan B is shrouded in mystery. but what I do know is this, unless of course it's changed.
Brent wants to provide the club with the money it needs less the money he gets back from the council for the football ground. He then wants to hand the club 'back' to the community. whether he will want to hang on to shares etc. who knows but basically it seems he wants nothing to do with it. he will no doubt hang on to some nice little pockets of land for development purposes. ( please correct me if I am wrong.....)
Then there is this thing about the club. all sounds very nice. corporate governance, sustainable means etc. etc. But there's where it falls down. Its like trying to smuggle drugs lawfully. Football is corrupt from the top down, practically every club lives outside its means. If the club is run in the way you are saying it will die a slow,painful death witnessed by a dwindling support. The staff will be trimmed to virtually none and our squad will have to take an immediate adjustment getting rid of our last higher earners.
Heaneys 'money problems' have not been proved at all. No one knows what Heaneys money situation is but it has been stated by a solicitor that he has the money to complete a deal.
It's about time we faced the truth here. We are in the crap but have an offer to keep the club going and in the hands of people that can actually fight toe to toe with the rest of the football world. for me it's plan A or nothing because plan B is starting again in my eyes. Community lead... Phoenix, I think phoenix has the edge.

Your posts get more and more rediculous. I'm amazed you don't have the Cock of the Week award.

Brent has stated he is a reluctant bidder, but that if he bought the club he would be an entusiastic owner. Look at the effort he's putting in to get to today's Plan B meeting, when he could just stay in the shadows.

That other clubs do not live within their means is not a reason we should not. Have you learnt NOTHING from the last 3 years of mismanagement at Argyle? Brent stated we would have to live within our means, and that is as it should be. And we can do, once the last of the Championship wage players goes or takes a pay cut. With the 55% rule in league 2, we can be in a good position with gates of 5000-7000.

As for Heaney's finances, read the other threads here. Remember that those behind Heaney, if there indeed is anyone still behind him now, apparently have zero interest in investing in the football club. We get - perhaps - a one-year pot of cash, and then we have to stand on our own feet. In that regard, Plan A and Plan B are not different, except with Plan B we get Brent keeping Ridsdale on a leash if he chooses to run with the Riddler as his chief exec. With Plan A, we have Ridsdale signing the cheques, and drawing a large consultancy fee. I know which plan I think is sustainable.
We wont be in a good position because a large chunk of our debt will have to be paid from income. Without further investment that a Ridsdale owned club may attract our wage bill will be one of the lowest in the league for years to come.
As with many others you are ignoring the fact that under the Heaney/Ridsdale option Ridsdale would own the club.