Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor?? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor??

T

twickersargyle

The truth is though, Bubba, the staff have been extremely naive and should have resigned many months ago. The PB (or Brent, for that matter) will not repay their salaries in full. Why the hell should they and why the hell do people on this forum think they should. The logic is perverse.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
If you are bored of this thread, then what is the point of you posting on this forum at all..

You seldom comment about football, anything Argyle related or vaguely constructive, just snide comments, served with a 'sprinkling' of sarcasm.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
twickersargyle1":2z56s1ou said:
The truth is though, Bubba, the staff have been extremely naive and should have resigned many months ago. The PB (or Brent, for that matter) will not repay their salaries in full. Why the hell should they and why the hell do people on this forum think they should. The logic is perverse.

Spot on my friend. By propping up the staff we've given the PB more support than we could imagine. If we'd forced the issue in April the situation could be seriously different for everyone. The best option for the staff now is Heaney and season tickets. The best option for the local "politicians" is Brent. The best option for Argyle is .... there ain't one!

I want my Argyle back.

A

Anonymous

Don't we all Mark.

But waiting around for a white knight isn't going to happen is it?

So, what do we do now?

Heaney's got no money, that'll be proved very soon, then what?

Simply say, we didn't see this coming?

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
twickersargyle1":354ut8ww said:

I think the fact you call the staff naive shows your blinkered take on the situation, they know they won't get whats owed in full, they have witnessed many of their friends and colleagues leave/resign or get sacked yet they still turn up for work through dedication respect and loyalty to the football club many of them support, to call them naive show a total lack of respect to them.

There is no perverse logic at all there is simple, basic common decency!! without them there would be no club, it would have simply been liquidated and if the PBs can't see or accept that along with the concerns regarding their lies and secrecy then they can do one as far as I'm concerned.

T

twickersargyle

Quite, Mark. I've said it before on here, but I work for a company that went through administration. There were two bidders. One was a private equity firm who wanted to try to rebuild the business. The other simply wanted certain key elements of the firm and was quite prepared to let the rest of it go to hell. Fortunately, the private equity firm made a higher bid and my firm has struggled on. But it hasn't been easy and the new owners have been pretty, shall we say, pragmatic about people's jobs. There's been no room for sentiment or compassion and, if we'd gone unpaid for a few months before the new firm took over, there's no way in the world they would have made up the shortfall. Heaney may or may not be perfect, but Argyle could have done a hell of a lot worse. The objections to him (he wants to make money! He doesn't want to do his business in public! Shock! Horror!) are totally unrealistic and do reflect an ignorance of how business works.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Mark Pedlar":hkxx9m5w said:
twickersargyle1":hkxx9m5w said:

Spot on my friend. By propping up the staff we've given the PB more support than we could imagine. If we'd forced the issue in April the situation could be seriously different for everyone. The best option for the staff now is Heaney and season tickets. The best option for the local "politicians" is Brent. The best option for Argyle is .... there ain't one!

I want my Argyle back.
there is a option for argo,and when i say argo i meen us the the 5000 as they used to call us and that is to turn up and support our team,if we want a team to support there is no other option.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Ian,

I think the only thing that can be proved at the moment is that Heaney's opposition thinks he has no money. I haven't a clue whether he has or hasn't (and i'm not prepared to take evidence from a rival as conclusive proof that he hasn't!).

I dont trust Brent, I dont trust Heaney, I dont trust the Trust, I dont trust Ridsdale. Guilfoyle has a job to do and he's doing it given the information he has to hand.

Kennedy was not the subject of a CIA plot, Dianna was killed by a drunk driver not MI6, Guilfoyle is not in legaue with Satan. Sorry guys sometimes poo happens.

What happens next? I uspect the PB will turn out to have enough money, plan B will queitly die off and the football season will start.

I can't see increasingly desperate measures to derail plan A having any effect - in your head (not your heart) can you?

A

Anonymous

As you asked me, yes I can.

I reckon by the weekend, Heaney will be history.

Whether that means the PB will come out into the open, or bring another stooge out, that I don't know.

T

twickersargyle

But what is that statement actually based on, Ian, other than the fact you'd like to think you have some kind of control over a big business deal?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
IJN":14txbej0 said:
As you asked me, yes I can.

I reckon by the weekend, Heaney will be history.

Whether that means the PB will come out into the open, or bring another stooge out, that I don't know.

Fair enough - but there's the rub. Heaney may disappear but the PB won't - what's the end game? Is it just getting rid of Heaney? I just can't see a realistic and deliverable target for plan B.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
twickersargyle1":2039hilc said:
But what is that statement actually based on, Ian, other than the fact you'd like to think you have some kind of control over a big business deal?

Ian can stand up for himself, but that comment is a little uncalled for.

T

twickersargyle

It's not meant to be particularly critical. It's just that we'd all like to think we have some influence over the purchase of Argyle but we really don't. It's a business deal, pure and simple.

A

Anonymous

I personally hope Heaney will be 'it', even if a certain ex director is behind this, he'll never come out. If it someone with a Northern bias, again, he'll never come out.

So, I'm hoping that they fade away and f*** off from whence they came.

I've met Brent, he's the sort of man I want behind my community club.

Do I want a community club, not really, I'd love a mega rich nutter to come in at the 11th hour, tell The Trust to eff off, tell the fans to mind their own business and get back supporting the team.

Will that happen, will it hell.

So, we have to make do with what we got.