Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor?? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale seeing the Herald Editor??

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
marin(er)":1fc7i6ne said:
Womble":1fc7i6ne said:
marin(er)":1fc7i6ne said:
Well we will see if that call is ever made. If it is I for one will be throwing my season ticket away and boycotting our brand new community club. Don't want a community club run by people who have no idea what they are doing. Don't want to bear witness to
Plymouth Argyle levelling with the likes of Exeter, mk dons, Wrexham, Chester and York. Run by fans for THEMSELVES.
Brent wants to get involved for hardly any investment, will give the club to 'the community' the ground to the council and develop whats left....( the car park etc.) That's the measure of plan b.... and we don't even get a new stand from it.
I want business people in charge of the club with experience on what to do to get us out of this mess. Ridsdale is the perfect choice. I don't care who develops the land as long as we get to play at home park and plan A gives us more chance of getting the stand redone. I want Peter Reid to carry on assembling what looks like a great team and I want argyle to win the league.

This riduculous statement just proves that you are a complete an utter troll. You have constantly told other people that they should support the club, irrespective of the fact that they do not approve of or trust the PB's, saying anything is better than liquidation.

Well, now that your preffereed bidder is having difficulties you want to abandon your club? Because you don't like the potential owners? You total ******* hypocrite. You will boycott the club you say you want to be successful? How can you deride others for choosing POTD instead of ST's when if your chap doesn't win the bid you're off for good?

I personally am firmly of the opinion that you are a plant from the Heany/Ridsdale bid, and are not an Arglye fan.

Personalyl I will be going Arglye next season regardless, whoever wins, tho I would rather have Brent. Just my opinion, i couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks of this.

Personally I will be going to Argyle this season if it remains argyle. As a community lead club it won't be argyle and I don't want to witness the slow death of the argyle name. Argyle living within it's means......... Well you might as well resign yourselves to the fact that our finest possible achievement will only ever be a yoyo club from div 1 and 2. It's not what I want as a supporter and that is the case for all of us. We may live in the 20th largest city in the uk but we don't get the 20th largest crowds unfortunately.

Are you saying that we SHOULDN'T live within our means? Isnt that what got us into this mess in the first place? Please answer.

Also note that we got into the Championship living within our means. And Blackpool got into the Premier League (and came so close to staying there) by living within thiers.

You imply that if Heany wins then Arglye exist, but if Brent wins it won't? Please explain, and please explain exactly why you have this opinion. Also dont mention investment unless you have a good source and a reasonalbe estimat eof a figure, I dont beleive any money is comng from the PB, it will take firm evidence to change my mind.

M

marin(er)

Womble......

I will answer your questions exactly how you have asked me to.... However, will you answer mine afterwards with the similar stipulations. Please answer. Do not use any other words than agree or disagree.

Jan 2, 2010
Bodmin Tew":jo7gcuae said:
Marin(er)'s losing his rag
Esmer's losing his rag
Commie's lost his spell-check button but is at least still pleasantly still on acid
Heaney's not lost anything yet, but he has gained a CCJ which I'm sure he's delighted with........

What's going on people?

:lol:

Tune in, next week, for another exciting edition, of Bodmin Tew, special agent. (Cue thrilling music)

A

Anonymous

marin(er)":flrjmqtf said:
Personally I will be going to Argyle this season if it remains argyle. As a community lead club it won't be argyle and I don't want to witness the slow death of the argyle name. Argyle living within it's means......... Well you might as well resign yourselves to the fact that our finest possible achievement will only ever be a yoyo club from div 1 and 2. It's not what I want as a supporter and that is the case for all of us. We may live in the 20th largest city in the uk but we don't get the 20th largest crowds unfortunately.

I know you're not 'up' on facts, but it's the 14th largest city in the UK.

As for your other words, sums you up really, yet another fan who has his head well and truly stuck up his arse.

Stick to supporting your 'other team' mate, as I'm sure you have one, who is it. Spurs, Man Utd or Chelsea?

Look around you, look at what's happening, even one of your heroes, Guilfoyle has said, he has a list of clubs about to under, Coventry soon (far bigger than us), PNE, Sheff Utd, all teams that have achieved more than us, all teams that have more fans than us, are going to fail, because they can't afford to run a club in that manner.

Suggest you take some reality pills matey, stop living Championship Manager, or whatever it is you play, this is England 2011.

Don't worry, no doubt if we ever do make it into the 2nd tier again, you'll come back, claiming you've supported Argyle for x years. You may have to remember to leave you City/Utd/Spurs/Chelski shirt at home though.

Feb 25, 2005
Elburton, Plymouth
So in a nutshell today we have:

1. More and more speculation that Heaney is having some pretty severe financial issues
2. Ridsdale up in court on fraud charges
3. A meeting of those behind the Rescue/Contingency plan

For crying out loud just invite Brenda along to the meeting and lets start trying to sort this mess out!

Sep 3, 2009
ElDuderino":tod8w8i0 said:
Ah the disappearing thread returns! Where it went to nobody knows.

See, my problem with this thread is that its just vacuous tittle tattle of the sort that Hello magazine and the red tops peddle in their gossip pages.

All we need now is a picture of Ridsdale walking down the street looking windswept and we'd have a 'story' to go with a pun infested headline (feel free to have a go).

In actual fact its anything but. It's rumour plus conjecture sprinkled with subjectivity served up with suspicion.

And where's the line? Ambushing buyers in hotels to a multitude of applause and slaps on the back to gatecrashing the boardroom to a frenzy of hurrahs all in the name of direct action! They don't like it up em eh? More, more they cry.

Now we get to find out Risdales daily itinerary as if its any if our business! Well what next?

Surveillance? Hidden cameras?

Quick Guilfoulups going to the shops let's follow him to see if he's meeting Dunceford and Staplewallet and Ginger out the back of Aldi. Guess what!!! I overheard them talking about buying the plaice...oh... wait... hang on....

Maybe someone could tap his phone? Oh now wait a minute THAT'S too far. Cue furious indignation!!!

Meh I don't know. Am just very very bored of this whole thing now and and all the non news stories, the rumour, the anger, the hardship, the bitterness, the agendas and the whole circus that its created.

Wake me when its over and its done.

Why don't you do one then? Sure the Herald will tell you when the whole sorry mess is concluded. If it winds you up reading everything, why read it? I presume no-one has a Pasoti-branded rifle to your head, forcing you to read each post?

Sep 3, 2009
twickersargyle1":3ewlkogj said:
Quite, Mark. I've said it before on here, but I work for a company that went through administration. There were two bidders. One was a private equity firm who wanted to try to rebuild the business. The other simply wanted certain key elements of the firm and was quite prepared to let the rest of it go to hell. Fortunately, the private equity firm made a higher bid and my firm has struggled on. But it hasn't been easy and the new owners have been pretty, shall we say, pragmatic about people's jobs. There's been no room for sentiment or compassion and, if we'd gone unpaid for a few months before the new firm took over, there's no way in the world they would have made up the shortfall. Heaney may or may not be perfect, but Argyle could have done a hell of a lot worse. The objections to him (he wants to make money! He doesn't want to do his business in public! Shock! Horror!) are totally unrealistic and do reflect an ignorance of how business works.

Nonsense. A football club in administration is not the same as any old service industry company/publisher/retail outlet/manufacturer - whatever. Ultimately, a customer of Sainsburys isn't going to lie in bed at night in anguish at its passing if it falls on its arse. The same is not true of PAFC. People have invested years in supporting the club (30+ here alone) and as such, the issues are, by very nature, much more public and personal to people. Of course the business transactions need to be subject to the bounds of confidentiality but that doesn't mean that the major STAKEHOLDERS - the fans - can't act to influence that those negotiations are above board and in the best interests of the football club.

M

marin(er)

IJN":w7lt7264 said:
marin(er)":w7lt7264 said:

As for your other words, sums you up really, yet another fan who has his head well and truly stuck up his arse.

Stick to supporting your 'other team' mate, as I'm sure you have one, who is it. Spurs, Man Utd or Chelsea

Look around you, look at what's happening, even one of your heroes, Guilfoyle has said, he has a list of clubs about to under, Coventry soon (far bigger than us), PNE, Sheff Utd, all teams that have achieved more than us, all teams that have more fans than us, are going to fail, because they can't afford to run a club in that manner.

Suggest you take some reality pills matey, stop living Championship Manager, or whatever it is you play, this is England 2011.

Don't worry, no doubt if we ever do make it into the 2nd tier again, you'll come back, claiming you've supported Argyle for x years. You may have to remember to leave you City/Utd/Spurs/Chelski shirt at home though.

Plymouth at number 20 according to this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_la ... population

Anyway, I don't have another team, never have. Have supported argyle since 1975 I am an argyle supporter. I am gutted as to what has happened to us but I am also a realist.
We are completely in the crap but we have an offer on the table that has been completely bombarded by the hierarchy on this site as being everything that hell represents. it has definately become a witch hunt on a scale that is almost embarrassing. The quest to derail the bid by Brent and his deciples is shocking also.
when our club needed it's supporters in it's hour of need where were they? playing detective, playing boardrooms, playing political activists. The club needs ST holders, it needs backing and it needs a future and a large proportion of you are giving more support to PCC planning, a hotelier who keeps saying he does but he doesnt and a few dozen wannabes.....
Wake up and smell the coffee people, the club is still here and despite the comparisons of other clubs like Coventry, Sheffield utd and PNE we will go under because we have yet to hit 2000 season tickets. Each one of those clubs could sell that amount in a morning because their supporters are there for them.

Sep 3, 2009
Mark Pedlar":2jtueq9z said:
Ian,

I think the only thing that can be proved at the moment is that Heaney's opposition thinks he has no money. I haven't a clue whether he has or hasn't (and i'm not prepared to take evidence from a rival as conclusive proof that he hasn't!).

I dont trust Brent, I dont trust Heaney, I dont trust the Trust, I dont trust Ridsdale. Guilfoyle has a job to do and he's doing it given the information he has to hand.

Kennedy was not the subject of a CIA plot, Dianna was killed by a drunk driver not MI6, Guilfoyle is not in legaue with Satan. Sorry guys sometimes poo happens.

What happens next? I uspect the PB will turn out to have enough money, plan B will queitly die off and the football season will start.

I can't see increasingly desperate measures to derail plan A having any effect - in your head (not your heart) can you?

The point for me is that Brent or the Trust have given me no reason not to trust them. Ridsdale, Heaney and Guilfoyle (why do you trust him but not the others?) have all lied to the fanbase already.

Jan 27, 2006
marin(er)":1dycdhau said:
IJN":1dycdhau said:
marin(er)":1dycdhau said:

Stick to supporting your 'other team' mate, as I'm sure you have one, who is it. Spurs, Man Utd or Chelsea

Plymouth at number 20 according to this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_la ... population

Anyway, I don't have another team, never have. Have supported argyle since 1975 I am an argyle supporter. I am gutted as to what has happened to us but I am also a realist.
We are completely in the crap but we have an offer on the table that has been completely bombarded by the hierarchy on this site as being everything that hell represents. it has definitely become a witch hunt on a scale that is almost embarrassing. The quest to derail the bid by Brent and his deciples is shocking also.
when our club needed it's supporters in it's hour of need where were they? playing detective, playing boardrooms, playing political activists. The club needs ST holders, it needs backing and it needs a future and a large proportion of you are giving more support to PCC planning, a hotelier who keeps saying he does but he doesnt and a few dozen wannabes.....
Wake up and smell the coffee people, the club is still here and despite the comparisons of other clubs like Coventry, Sheffield utd and PNE we will go under because we have yet to hit 2000 season tickets. Each one of those clubs could sell that amount in a morning because their supporters are there for them.

I'm convinced you're Keith Todd.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Rush Goalie":1at4c4jj said:
Guilfoyle (why do you trust him but not the others?)

Because he has nothing to gain and everything to lose if it goes mammaries up.

It looks like Heaney has gone/will go. Plan A still on track though.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
marin(er)":wdg53cgd said:
Well we will see if that call is ever made. If it is I for one will be throwing my season ticket away and boycotting our brand new community club. Don't want a community club run by people who have no idea what they are doing. Don't want to bear witness to
Plymouth Argyle levelling with the likes of Exeter, mk dons, Wrexham, Chester and York. Run by fans for THEMSELVES.
Brent wants to get involved for hardly any investment, will give the club to 'the community' the ground to the council and develop whats left....( the car park etc.) That's the measure of plan b.... and we don't even get a new stand from it.
I want business people in charge of the club with experience on what to do to get us out of this mess. Ridsdale is the perfect choice. I don't care who develops the land as long as we get to play at home park and plan A gives us more chance of getting the stand redone. I want Peter Reid to carry on assembling what looks like a great team and I want argyle to win the league.

marin(er)":wdg53cgd said:
Personally I will be going to Argyle this season if it remains argyle. As a community lead club it won't be argyle and I don't want to witness the slow death of the argyle name. Argyle living within it's means......... Well you might as well resign yourselves to the fact that our finest possible achievement will only ever be a yoyo club from div 1 and 2. It's not what I want as a supporter

Previously I always disagreed with your position, but still felt what you were saying was a good alternative viewpoint to my own. Now I can see that you're just a small minded fool, who obviously doesn't give two shits about Argyle or the Plymouth community. You'd happily see the club rack up £20million debt again wouldn't you. :twisted: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

I (sort of) trust Guilfoyle as well.

A) He is a gent.
B) He's an officer of the court
C) He has too much to lose.

Problem is, he's nailed his colours to the wrong mast and if anything, he's 'guilty' of trusting the likes of Heaney.

I hope he does the right thing, perhaps today, and give JB a tug.

Don't forget, if JB is the PB, others could then want to get involved with PAFC.

A

Anonymous

IJN":28gl1ksk said:
I (sort of) trust Guilfoyle as well.

A) He is a gent.
B) He's an officer of the court
C) He has too much to lose.

Problem is, he's nailed his colours to the wrong mast and if anything, he's 'guilty' of trusting the likes of Heaney.

I hope he does the right thing, perhaps today, and give JB a tug.

Don't forget, if JB is the PB, others could then want to get involved with PAFC.

Spot on Ian. Reputations count for everything in his game.