The Big Screen | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Big Screen

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I tried out the lower Mayflower for the first time for the Bristol City pre-season game and found the phone signal for O2 a lot better than in the Lyndhurst, although I did have a phone mast close to me on the roof of the Barn Park End and the stadium was nowhere near capacity.

O2 can be pants, hit and miss.

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Most networks have great signal at HP, the problem is bandwidth on the towers... You probably get a decent number of bars on your mobile (not that this even means anything technically) so If you think of the signal as being how good a connection to the tower you have with your hosepipe, and the actual internet as being the water, the tower only has so much water to go around... On non matchdays you'll find you can get a decent speed and decent connection, on matchdays it's very stuttering and generally poor... This is because of the thousands of people all connecting to the same tower .. you'll notice this anytime you are in a large crowd of people and try to access the mobile network.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Most networks have great signal at HP, the problem is bandwidth on the towers... You probably get a decent number of bars on your mobile (not that this even means anything technically) so If you think of the signal as being how good a connection to the tower you have with your hosepipe, and the actual internet as being the water, the tower only has so much water to go around... On non matchdays you'll find you can get a decent speed and decent connection, on matchdays it's very stuttering and generally poor... This is because of the thousands of people all connecting to the same tower .. you'll notice this anytime you are in a large crowd of people and try to access the mobile network.
👏 I do love a good analogy - it's often the best way to explain physics. It doesn't matter how good your pipes are, if there's not much water then you only ever get a spluttering trickle [something I am sure some on here can relate to...]

Mar 7, 2009
Yep… exactly that

Oct 15, 2017
Yep… exactly that
How has this thread gone from The Big Screen to one about phone junkies?
Getting back to the screen, if we can only afford the one perhaps it could have been positioned at the back of
block 20 in the crowd separation area where no one sits and could be viewed from most parts of the ground.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MonkeyNuts
Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
👏 I do love a good analogy - it's often the best way to explain physics. It doesn't matter how good your pipes are, if there's not much water then you only ever get a spluttering trickle [something I am sure some on here can relate to...]
It's more of a problem when there's too much water and the pipe's blocked!