The Big Screen | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Big Screen

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Vodafone signal has been dross for a while now.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
For those of you who are having issues with phone signal in Home Park, I have had the same issue previously.

However, I did find a workaround, on iPhone anyway.

For some reason, when I’m at Home Park, I get a decent signal icon, but it takes aaaaages to load anything on the Internet/Twitter etc.

Head to your Settings, then into Mobile Data.

Then Mobile Data Options, then Voice & Data.

From here, you may notice that you’ll have 5G selected. THIS is where I think the problem lies - perhaps too many people trying to access via 5G signals at the same time?

Switch it from 5G to 4G.

This worked for me. I cannot guarantee that it’ll work for you, maybe it’s just a network carrier specific thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Try it next time your at HP and see how you get on. Maybe even screenshot this post, so you have the instructions ready to go.

Also, remember to switch back to 5G after you’ve left HP.

Maybe Argyle are looking to invest in free Wi-Fi in the future? Though, this would have to be significantly powerful to ensure that it can cope with thousands of users.

Cheers will try that, I got crap signal in town etc despite having it showing I’ve got good signal on phone screen

Sep 22, 2003
For those of you who are having issues with phone signal in Home Park, I have had the same issue previously.

For some reason, when I’m at Home Park, I get a decent signal icon, but it takes aaaaages to load anything on the Internet/Twitter etc.

From here, you may notice that you’ll have 5G selected. THIS is where I think the problem lies - perhaps too many people trying to access via 5G signals at the same time?

Switch it from 5G to 4G.

This worked for me. I cannot guarantee that it’ll work for you, maybe it’s just a network carrier specific thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Try it next time your at HP and see how you get on. Maybe even screenshot this post, so you have the instructions ready to go.

Maybe Argyle are looking to invest in free Wi-Fi in the future? Though, this would have to be significantly powerful to ensure that it can cope with thousands of users.
Adam, you may have just shot yourself in the foot, as 4g becomes clogged! But thanks

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The main problem with 'phone signals and with wi-fi at HP is the vast amount of metal attenuating the signals (especially under the stands) together with the large number of users.
When a mobile 'phone struggles to get a useable signal it boosts its output to try to get a better connection. This has the effect of increasing battery usage and further swamping the available signal, because they are all doing it!

May 16, 2016

Switch it from 5G to 4G.

My phone is 4G and still struggles, I've switched it down to 3G/2G but that makes mo difference from the top of the Lyndhurst. Plusnet/EE.

Reactions: Angry
Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
When I sit in the horse shoe I'm always struggling for signal.

Sat in Lower Mayflower yesterday I had loads of signal AND I could see the screen. Life of Riley!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
02 is dross in down specially around new George street and royal parade

I know that’s who I am with. If I known how bad signal was I wouldn’t of went with them end of last year

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022

Switch it from 5G to 4G.

I do the same, but go to 3G. It's fine. (y)

Mar 7, 2009
I think it’s more to do with network capacity over the local to HP cell towers. 4 bars 5G suggests that the issue isn’t propagation, but more that thousands of extra people are checking scores at half time etc.
If you try during the game when most are not trying to connect, it’s definitely a fair bit better.