The Big Screen | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Big Screen

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
I don't know how some would cope if they were sat midway at the Wimbledon tennis.. having to turn their head this way, then that way, then this way, then.......... :rolleyes:

tonsk

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I've never in my 71 years heard someone complaining that they have to turn their neck 90 degrees to see something
But you typed 90% Pogles, not 90 degrees! That's why you were asked why not turn 10% the other way!

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge
Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
From where i sit in the Lyndhurst, i am seeing the screen at a slight angle, but to me it seemed to be far too bright ,too much contrast ,and far too much colour, did anyone else have any problems like this?

Cheltnum Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 15, 2021
From where i sit in the Lyndhurst, i am seeing the screen at a slight angle, but to me it seemed to be far too bright ,too much contrast ,and far too much colour, did anyone else have any problems like this?
It’s probably been set up for ‘daylight’ viewing, which to be fair, the vast majority of our games are.

May 16, 2016
Bright last night. A bit distracting at times. Hopefully the players weren't distracted by it, I did see the occasional glance upwards from the pitch.

Reactions: Nobby

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I completely get the idea of the screen - advertising, pre-match entertainment, notifications of yellow cards, substitutions etc. but I do find it a bit weird that it shows the game live whilst the game itself is going on a short distance away and within full view of everyone in attendance. Fortunately I sit in the Lyndhurst and have to deliberately turn to see what is on the screen but if I was on the Mayflower side and was trying to watch the game I would find it extremely off-putting. Does anyone else think that showing the live feed of the game is a bit odd?

Oct 19, 2021
I completely get the idea of the screen - advertising, pre-match entertainment, notifications of yellow cards, substitutions etc. but I do find it a bit weird that it shows the game live whilst the game itself is going on a short distance away and within full view of everyone in attendance. Fortunately I sit in the Lyndhurst and have to deliberately turn to see what is on the screen but if I was on the Mayflower side and was trying to watch the game I would find it extremely off-putting. Does anyone else think that showing the live feed of the game is a bit odd?
Yes I’d agree. While the game is going on I would rather it just showed the score, time and line ups. The screen at Highbury used to show that information, and alongside the players names it would indicate if they had been booked. I would find that particularly helpful as it’s easy to lose track of bookings.
409C45FB-C08E-4AB5-9033-443423422349.jpeg

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I sit in the Mayflower and it’s not off putting at all. I look at the pitch and it’s rare that the screen is in view. I would say that I think it was very bright last night when I did look at replays.

luko2006

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 30, 2006
New Haw, Surrey
Yes I’d agree. While the game is going on I would rather it just showed the score, time and line ups. The screen at Highbury used to show that information, and alongside the players names it would indicate if they had been booked. I would find that particularly helpful as it’s easy to lose track of bookings.
View attachment 5533
Rare sighting of Bojan Djordjic in a Man Utd team!

Aug 4, 2011
I sit in the Mayflower and it’s not off putting at all. I look at the pitch and it’s rare that the screen is in view. I would say that I think it was very bright last night when I did look at replays.
Exactly the same for me from block F. Only the brightness of a reply caught my eye when the ball was out of play

Reactions: Daz

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I am in mayflower fairly central (lower) it isnt off putting at all - useful for replays, they showed a lot of THAT miss :D