The Big Screen | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Big Screen

Jul 6, 2005
I’m in block 12 and I’ll be able to see it easily.
That's alright then, I'm happy for you.

Perhaps the TV in your front room is set up so that you have to turn you head 90° + to see the screen, as will be the case for thousands in the Lyndhurst.

Only putting up 1 screen is typical half-assed Argyle.

If it is to be just the 1 screen, it should have been central at the back of the BP so that at least most of the home fans could see it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
That's alright then, I'm happy for you.

Perhaps the TV in your front room is set up so that you have to turn you head 90° + to see the screen, as will be the case for thousands in the Lyndhurst.

Only putting up 1 screen is typical half-assed Argyle.

If it is to be just the 1 screen, it should have been central at the back of the BP so that at least most of the home fans could see it.
Don’t be ridiculous.

Your not watching the whole match via the bud screen.

It’ll be there to reference the team line up, minutes played and possible highlights etc.

You make out that the whole match will be watched through the screen… the pitch will still be there.

Jul 11, 2022
could at least put a scoreboard up for those of us staring at the back of the screen,

Oct 29, 2005
Probably prioritising Grandstand view first ,most grounds that have them have two in opposite corners , maybe we'll get that at some point in the future

Jul 6, 2005
Don’t be ridiculous.

Your not watching the whole match via the bud screen.

It’ll be there to reference the team line up, minutes played and possible highlights etc.

You make out that the whole match will be watched through the screen… the pitch will still be there.
Really, is that all the screen is for?

I already know the line-ups at 2.15.

My watch and/or my phone tells me how long we have played and why would I want to watch the highlights on a big screen (even if they will be shown ) whilst I'm watching the match or at half- time when I just want to stand up, stretch my legs and chat to the people around me.

Reactions: Penlee

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The screen will make a decent amount of money for the club - if it wasn’t making revenue it wouldn’t be happening.

I think it’ll be great and just one more thing that will bring us into the future towards being a sustainable championship club.

Reactions: DarkGreen

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

My watch and/or my phone tells me how long we have played and why would I want to watch the highlights on a big screen (even if they will be shown ) whilst I'm watching the match or at half- time when I just want to stand up, stretch my legs and chat to the people around me.
So what’s the issue?

Your initial gripe was having to turn your head 90 degrees to see the screen.

Your now saying you don’t necessarily need to.

Problem solved

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Then you must be taller than the people sat to your left, as in Block 13 when seated I couldn’t see any of the framework of the screen.
To my immediate left is my 6’4’’ son, taller than me, and I could still see it.

Jul 11, 2022

Thats if you can get any signal half of us can't

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
For those of you who are having issues with phone signal in Home Park, I have had the same issue previously.

However, I did find a workaround, on iPhone anyway.

For some reason, when I’m at Home Park, I get a decent signal icon, but it takes aaaaages to load anything on the Internet/Twitter etc.

Head to your Settings, then into Mobile Data.

Then Mobile Data Options, then Voice & Data.

From here, you may notice that you’ll have 5G selected. THIS is where I think the problem lies - perhaps too many people trying to access via 5G signals at the same time?

Switch it from 5G to 4G.

This worked for me. I cannot guarantee that it’ll work for you, maybe it’s just a network carrier specific thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Try it next time your at HP and see how you get on. Maybe even screenshot this post, so you have the instructions ready to go.

Also, remember to switch back to 5G after you’ve left HP.

Maybe Argyle are looking to invest in free Wi-Fi in the future? Though, this would have to be significantly powerful to ensure that it can cope with thousands of users.

Oct 31, 2015
For those of you who are having issues with phone signal in Home Park, I have had the same issue previously.

However, I did find a workaround, on iPhone anyway.

For some reason, when I’m at Home Park, I get a decent signal icon, but it takes aaaaages to load anything on the Internet/Twitter etc.

Head to your Settings, then into Mobile Data.

Then Mobile Data Options, then Voice & Data.

From here, you may notice that you’ll have 5G selected. THIS is where I think the problem lies - perhaps too many people trying to access via 5G signals at the same time?

Switch it from 5G to 4G.

This worked for me. I cannot guarantee that it’ll work for you, maybe it’s just a network carrier specific thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Try it next time your at HP and see how you get on. Maybe even screenshot this post, so you have the instructions ready to go.

Also, remember to switch back to 5G after you’ve left HP.

Maybe Argyle are looking to invest in free Wi-Fi in the future? Though, this would have to be significantly powerful to ensure that it can cope with thousands of users.
Sounds plausible but I dont have a 5G phone🤣🤣May catch up.ome day