The Big Screen | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Big Screen

Jan 6, 2004
Most networks have great signal at HP, the problem is bandwidth on the towers... You probably get a decent number of bars on your mobile (not that this even means anything technically) so If you think of the signal as being how good a connection to the tower you have with your hosepipe, and the actual internet as being the water, the tower only has so much water to go around... On non matchdays you'll find you can get a decent speed and decent connection, on matchdays it's very stuttering and generally poor... This is because of the thousands of people all connecting to the same tower .. you'll notice this anytime you are in a large crowd of people and try to access the mobile network.
No, that is not the case, at Chelsea in a crowd of 40000 it worked fine.

Reactions: greendom

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Chelsea have way more masts around their ground. Same with Wembley.

Mar 7, 2009
It’s about the network capacity around a location. Just because there is plenty of capacity through the cell towers around Stamford bridge, it doesn’t mean the same applies for the ones around HP.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
The only update i heard about it was on the argyle website stating it's unlikely to be ready for the first home game. I heard nothing after that.

anyone know if its a flat or curved screen??? Curved would make more sense...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep curved would surely just reduce the viewing angles, it’s really for gamers sat right in front of it to get an immersive view.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Ahhh ok, i thought the whole point of curved screens was so you can see from the side angles better. Guess im wrong.

i see some people complaining about not being able to see the screen in certain blocks, i really hope this isnt the case. I dont see why the screen needs to be so many rows forward, if it was a couple rows back maybe this wouldnt be the case but what do i know