Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director)

Jul 29, 2010
Codswollop......and stop defending the indefensible then :doh:

You can't promote 'Saint Peter' as some form of Mother Teresa in spendid isolation from the GENUINE and SELFLESS sacrifices that were going on all around him.

If anything a 'low blow' it would be cutting them OUT of the picture. At least my post recognises genuine selfless effort which must surely be mentioned first, more favourably and much more honourably than actions of self interest for which you are also being paid a kings ransom for.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
X Isle":2mubebw0 said:
Codswollop.

You can't promote 'Saint Peter' as some form of Mother Teresa in spendid isolation from the GENUINE and SELFLESS sacrifices that were going on all around him.

If anything a 'low blow' it would be cutting them OUT of the picture. At least my post recognises genuine selfless effort.........over self interested effort........whilst highly paid ;-)

Smiffy, don't bother. You won't get a fight from me. When I've been linked (twice) to Jimmy Saville on ATD today simply for having an opinion it's a whole new ball game and simply not worth it.

Another CPer hounded out.

Dec 19, 2008
PL2 3DQ":28i8y5lj said:
X Isle":28i8y5lj said:
Codswollop.

If anything a 'low blow' it would be cutting them OUT of the picture. At least my post recognises genuine selfless effort.........over self interested effort........whilst highly paid ;-)

Smiffy, don't bother. You won't get a fight from me. When I've been linked (twice) to Jimmy Saville on ATD today simply for having an opinion it's a whole new ball game and simply not worth it.

You haven't been linked to Jimmy Saville at all and certainly not twice. That's not true. Someone said defending Risdale is like defending Jimmy Saville as he did some charity work - that's not linking you to Jimmy Saville - stop lying.

Here's the quote
It's like forgetting about everything Gary Glitter has done because youlike wearing silver platform heels in the 70s, or not wanting your illusion of Jimmy Saville ruined by the revelations now because he did a lot of good work for charity.

How is that saying "PL2 is linked to Jimmy Saville!"?

Defending someone who's been banned from being a director for 7 1/2 years is frankly ridiculous - he should be on Rogue Traders not sat in a director's box.

Jul 29, 2010
I'll 'bother' with whatever and whomsoever towel flicks my happy sack on any given day thanks very much.

I'm sorry you've had grief from ATD today, I'm not trying to hound anyone out but whatever ATD said, which sounds abhorrent, is neither here nor there in this matter, it didn't come from me.

People give opinions, if people don't agree they challenge them. If the original peeps don't like being challenged they should either defend their position or not give opinions in the first place, not throw their hands in the air.

Ian we go back far enough to know it's not personal, metephorically I'll always claim shirts off justice on a matter of principle but I'll always buy a pint afterwards. I'll claim an uncontested shirts off victory there then, so have a Tribute on me fella and gi's a hug.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
hairy j":1evsydue said:
PL2 3DQ":1evsydue said:
X Isle":1evsydue said:
Codswollop.

You haven't been linked to Jimmy Saville at all and certainly not twice. That's not true. Someone said defending Ridsdale is like defending Jimmy Saville as he did some charity work - that's not linking you to Jimmy Saville - stop lying.

Here's the quote
It's like forgetting about everything Gary Glitter has done because youlike wearing silver platform heels in the 70s, or not wanting your illusion of Jimmy Saville ruined by the revelations now because he did a lot of good work for charity.

Defending someone who's been banned from being a director for 7 1/2 years is frankly ridiculous - he should be on Rogue Traders not sat in a director's box.

Wrong quote. I won't repeat it on Pasoti.

Dec 19, 2008
X Isle":2u5hoeq7 said:
I'll 'bother' with whatever and whomsoever towel flicks my happy sack on any given day thanks very much.

I'm sorry you've had grief from ATD today, I'm not trying to hound anyone out but whatever ATD said, which sounds abhorrent, is neither here nor there in this matter, it didn't come from me.

People give opinions, if people don't agree they challenge them. If the original peeps don't like being challenged they should either defend their position or not give opinions in the first place, not throw their hands in the air.

Ian we go back far enough to know it's not personal, metephorically I'll always claim shirts off justice on a matter of principle but I'll always buy a pint afterwards. I'll claim an uncontested shirts off victory there then, so have a Tribute on me fella and gi's a hug.

The ATD quote's there X Isle - it's frankly not true that PL2 has been linked with Jimmy Saville. He'll use it though to play a sympathy card so his flimsy argument doesn't actually get cross examined. It's throwing his hands in the air and lying.

There's a lot of stuff on ATD that is bang out of order and stupid but this isn't one of those cases.

Dec 19, 2008
PL2 3DQ":wml8n1p6 said:
hairy j":wml8n1p6 said:
PL2 3DQ":wml8n1p6 said:
X Isle":wml8n1p6 said:
Codswollop.

You haven't been linked to Jimmy Saville at all and certainly not twice. That's not true. Someone said defending Ridsdale is like defending Jimmy Saville as he did some charity work - that's not linking you to Jimmy Saville - stop lying.

Here's the quote

Wrong quote. I won't repeat it on Pasoti.

If you PM me the link, I'll happily defend you if that's the case and I'll apologise on here publicly. I've looked all over the place and I can't find it.

Jul 29, 2010
QUALIFICATION - If J is right and that's it then I retract 'abhorrent', it's a fair point put in a colourful comparative way, the sort of thing I'd do myself if I'd thought of it.

ATD isn't nearly as bad as it's sometimes painted here, Ridsdale however, is. So, this Ian v ATD thing is a tangent I'll venture down no further, it detracts from the thread and I want to drink to Ridsdale's demise.

May 19, 2010
Because someone has a different opinion than yours, you are hounded out ?
Get a grip.

And what grief off ATD ?

Im afraid a 'ring of steel' was put around some individuals during the admin process, positive spin & all that.
Mustn't rock the boat you know.....

May 19, 2010
think pl2 has seen his name and savilles close together & given the nature of recent revelations about the latters conduct over the years has reacted without reading it carefully enough before posting. ?

Jul 29, 2010
I think we should just ignore the diversion sign and keep the thread on topic. Ridsdale is a brown, anyone else want to have a go at polishing it?

Dec 19, 2008
Back on track. Mr Risdale was driving around in a brand new BMW X5 when staff weren't being paid. On the road cash price - £45k and that's for a rubbish bottom of the range one - I heard from a decent source he'd got his hands on the wheel of this luxury motor via the club he stumbled upon on his walking holiday* :shh:

*I'm not sure a BMW X5 is essential if you're on a walking holiday

Jul 29, 2010
.......and yet he still didn't even bring the champagne to the vigil ;-)

(still ranks up there as THE most cringeworthy green army moment in living history - evidence enough of how blindly sycophantic and gullible some were.....and still are :doh: ).

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
GregCampbellFanClub said:
the people who saved the club were :

the staff who went months without pay
the firms who lost 99% of what they were owed.
the fans who put there money in so staff who werent paid at least had 'something' to spend.

players were sold for a fraction of their value. we were fleeced BIG time.

BWP worth 300k at least (20 goal plus strikers in 3rd tier ususally fetch twice that!!)
Mason worth more than 300k
R Johnson 400k
Bolalsie 150k
and just HOW did we run up a £17m debt!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
If only we could see the full details ???

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2c2ojcpf said:
I saw at close quarters how much hard work Ridsdale put in to save Argyle, whatever his motives we should be thankful for what he achieved.

It's a pity he didn't stay because the club is in desperate need of a football man to be the Chief Executive, with James watching over him Ridsdale would have been perfect for that role and I'm sure a lot of teething problems we have seen over the last few months would not have happened if Ridsdale was the Chief Exec.

Oh dear.
Oh dear oh dear.