Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director)

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Still very thankful his Club for a quid scheme didn't come to fruition....

A

Anonymous

Peter Ridsdale is ever the opportunist and was only ever really interested in one thing - himself and his own self promotion. He used Argyle as an opportunity to rehabilitate his tarnished reputation in football. To degree, in as much as the club survived, the wider public view may be that he left the club with his reputation intact as he gratefully accepted another opportunity at Preston North End.

The facts do not bear this out as his duplicitous behaviour and conduct would catch up with him and become exposed as has been proven by being banned as a Director. He had a remarkable energy for hard work and at times,whilst at the club, his knowledge and ability enabled the continued survival of the club. However, for me his true colours were truly exposed when he made his dash to Monaco to seduce Kassam when the day before he had expressed his public support for James Brent's rescue of the club. Perhaps duplicitous is not adequate in describing his conduct.

My abiding memory of him is sitting next to him when he had his two Blackberry's on the go and when he was using one he made sure that the other one displayed his contact list that rested on Sir Alex Ferguson in an attempt to impress. I left that meeting why on earth any person needed two Blackberrys to operate. It could only be a duplicitous one.

B

bandwagon

Graham Clark":f7hh22uo said:
Peter Ridsdale is ever the opportunist and was only ever really interested in one thing - himself and his own self promotion. He used Argyle as an opportunity to rehabilitate his tarnished reputation in football. To degree, in as much as the club survived, the wider public view may be that he left the club with his reputation intact as he gratefully accepted another opportunity at Preston North End.

The facts do not bear this out as his duplicitous behaviour and conduct would catch up with him and become exposed as has been proven by being banned as a Director. He had a remarkable energy for hard work and at times,whilst at the club, his knowledge and ability enabled the continued survival of the club. However, for me his true colours were truly exposed when he made his dash to Monaco to seduce Kassam when the day before he had expressed his public support for James Brent's rescue of the club. Perhaps duplicitous is not adequate in describing his conduct.

My abiding memory of him is sitting next to him when he had his two Blackberry's on the go and when he was using one he made sure that the other one displayed his contact list that rested on Sir Alex Ferguson in an attempt to impress. I left that meeting why on earth any person needed two Blackberrys to operate. It could only be a duplicitous one.

Bet you any money, He wasn't on Fergy's speedial!! Your close enounters in the dark months are ones that would listen twice to - luckily we are out of that episode now and rid of him, good luck Preston!!

Dec 19, 2008
I said I'd apologise to PL2 if he pointed me in the right direction. I have reported the offending post on ATD - it came from an Exeter City poster called Red Star. I apologise to PL2 as what he said was true and he didn't lie.

He's still wrong about Risdale though.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Crying shame that the integrity of respected posters on here should be called into question. You should think before you post Mr J.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Cornish Chris":24ssd0u7 said:
Gareth Nicholson":24ssd0u7 said:
PL2 3DQ":24ssd0u7 said:
I saw at close quarters how much hard work Ridsdale put in to save Argyle, whatever his motives we should be thankful for what he achieved.

It's a pity he didn't stay because the club is in desperate need of a football man to be the Chief Executive, with James watching over him Ridsdale would have been perfect for that role and I'm sure a lot of teething problems we have seen over the last few months would not have happened if Ridsdale was the Chief Exec.

Unbelievable. So despite the fact that today's announcement reveals what most of us have known for some time - that the man isn't fit and proper to run a bath, let alone a football club - you're still bemoaning his absence from Home Park? If he was here today, we'd currently be hiding in shame because the man who would be running the day to day business would have just been flat out called for 'unacceptable financial practice'. At the risk of a couple of balls-ups over shirts, I for one am mighty glad we're not in that debate today.

Let the scales from your eyes because Ridsdale is about as much a 'football man' as Stan Flashman was: a snake-oil merchant who was in it for himself without recourse to fans, the sanctity of the club, or even the law. Good riddance and I hope the Football League seek his immediate banishment from any football-related role.

:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oct 24, 2010
Graham Clark":1h1ff6ge said:

To be fair Graham at the time he approached Kassam James Brent's chances of concluding a successful deal were around 10% (Brent's own assessment). I can't see there was anything wrong with exploring alternatives which would only have delayed the launch of James Brent's bid to save the club by a couple of days, although it was no doubt for the best nothing came of it. Apart from that you seem to support the view of James Brent and many fans that Ridsdale was instrumental in saving the club, why there are so many fans who are unable to give him credit for that but, instead, engage in a nasty display of vitriolic hatred based on what he did, or didn't do elsewhere is beyond me.

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
I met the Riddler a number of times whilst he was here. My opinion at the time, which is unchanged, is that he is a sh*t, a compulsive teller of untruths - it just comes naturally to him. In my business life I have met and dealt with many sh*ts, but occasionally they have proved themselves very useful. Sometimes you need a complete sh*t on your side, and this was one of those times! I personally am pleased that he came here - we needed a level head to take control or we would have gone bust. Thank you Peter! I am also very glad that he has gone....................

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
After seeing the way HRMC have (quite rightly) taken to pressing football clubs for their outstanding taxes, one would hope that they will now take action to recover the amounts (of their money) that Peter Ridsdale appears to have trousered for his own gain. Unless I completely understand the meaning of fraud, with the facts reported from this Insolvency case, there is a clear case for HMRC to seek to recover what was rightfully their's (and, for that matter, our's as taxpayers). I also think that the fact he is to continue as Chairman at PNE indicates he is without shame.

A

Anonymous

I don't post on here any more, but I feel I have to, because one of my close friends, Ian De Lar, who's a great bloke, is being popped at by the usual bully boys (who funnily enough, always seem to claim, THEY are being bullied).

Mercedes, one post above, has got it in a nutshell, that's exactly the point that Ian was making.

The Riddler is a 'player' everyone but he knows it, but he was invaluable at the time we were in the biggest poo.

I wrote on the day that he left, that I thought it was a shame, as with JB clipping his wings, he would have been an asset, he rang me within minutes and said 'No one will ever clip my wings'. That's the type of man he is.

Without PR and some of the 'internal strokes' he played with PANDA, I am 100% certain that the match against Cheltenham last season would not have taken place.

Is he a shyster? Well I think we all know the answer to that? Is he capable of making money disappear? Yesterday's decision has truly answered that one. But, because of these traits, he did something that all the self righteous, pontificating, committee dwelling posters on here, couldn't do, which was to outfox Brenda and Hinchliff and get a football team to a football venue and kick off the season.

That's it, back to my self imposed banishment from this website. :wave:

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Ian Newell":1ajrc9e2 said:
I don't post on here any more, but I feel I have to, because one of my close friends, Ian De Lar, who's a great bloke, is being popped at by the usual bully boys (who funnily enough, always seem to claim, THEY are being bullied).

Mercedes, one post above, has got it in a nutshell, that's exactly the point that Ian was making.

The Riddler is a 'player' everyone but he knows it, but he was invaluable at the time we were in the biggest poo.

I wrote on the day that he left, that I thought it was a shame, as with JB clipping his wings, he would have been an asset, he rang me within minutes and said 'No one will ever clip my wings'. That's the type of man he is.

Without PR and some of the 'internal strokes' he played with PANDA, I am 100% certain that the match against Cheltenham last season would not have taken place.

Is he a shyster? Well I think we all know the answer to that? Is he capable of making money disappear? Yesterday's decision has truly answered that one. But, because of these traits, he did something that all the self righteous, pontificating, committee dwelling posters on here, couldn't do, which was to outfox Brenda and Hinchliff and get a football team to a football venue and kick off the season.

That's it, back to my self imposed banishment from this website. :wave:

There has been no bullying of Postey that I can see (not on this site anyway, I have not read the other one recently). The only comments I thought were innapropriate were Hairy J's. I wish he would stop the trolling soemtimes as it makes those of us with alternative veiws look as if we are on his side.

He has posted a fairly controversial opinion, as his his right (indeed it keeps things interesting). But people disagree with him and they have the right to disagree. Perhaps you would like to quote the posts you refer to as "bullying"? Bullying is a despicable act and the impact of it should not be devalued by someone getting upset that an anonomous person disagrees with them on a website.

The fact that he has been fould legally unfit to act in a position of responsability greatly enhances any and all arguements against PR. In the case of Postey I felt it was the content of the post taking some flak, not the poster themselves.

A

Anonymous

At no time did I say that Ian De Lar we being bullied Womble. Why do people misquote so?

The phrase was 'popped at', and look back and you see the two 'voices' of Pasoti, Messrs J and Isle, who often state that they will not be shouted down blah blah blah.

When I call them 'bully boys' which I did, it's more of a mental torture. Like dripping water on one's forehead, the single act in itself is not harmful, but the collective effect is devastating.

The number of times, over the last two or three weeks, I've met normal (non internet) fans, who have said things like 'how do you cope with that rubbish, and as for the X Isle...............'.

I also went to the FansFest last week, and at least three Senior Greens asked me (for some reason) to introduce them to Hairy J. :facepalm:

As it happens, my own personal opinion is that both X and Hairy add to this site, and they amuse me when reading some of the threads (thank the Lord I don't have to read them all any more :greensmile: ) BUT to give Ian stick, when he is talking about what he saw when working in the CP is simply silly, he was there and they weren't.

I don't think anyone would ever say they'd trust PR, that would be stretching the imagination, but a few would say, what he bought to the club at that time (and perhaps he left us 3 months two early) is fully understandble.

Mr Nicholson talks about 'letting the scales fall from you eyes' etc, that's yet another example of someone who wasn't invloved in the nasty, dirty and horrible stuff, talking out of his backside.

Listen to what Postey said, slag it if you want, but I know, that he's right in what he's saying.

D

David Whitehouse

It's very fortunate for Argyle that Ridsdale didn't get banned while he was at the club ... for at least part of the time he seemed to be the last man standing. Presumably he went into it knowing he could get banned.

I don't see any reason why we should respect people who don't make any attempt to pay their taxes. We would all look smarter, for a while, if we decided to forget about it.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
mercedes":k9bhej7s said:
I met the Riddler a number of times whilst he was here. My opinion at the time, which is unchanged, is that he is a sh*t, a compulsive teller of untruths - it just comes naturally to him. In my business life I have met and dealt with many sh*ts, but occasionally they have proved themselves very useful. Sometimes you need a complete sh*t on your side, and this was one of those times! I personally am pleased that he came here - we needed a level head to take control or we would have gone bust. Thank you Peter! I am also very glad that he has gone....................

I think that's the best & only way to look at it. Let's face it, until he came the existing board were just rabbits frozen in the headlights, we we're goners.

Jul 29, 2010
What?, get to the furthestmost parish boundary of f**k Mr Newell. How do I get dragged into this?.

Last I knew of it my counter arguement to IDL's 'Ridsdale love in' went unopposed, I'd bought him a pint of Tribute and we'd hugged and made up, same as I always do, with all but the stalkiest of stalkers. Read my posts on this thread again.

But no, out you come from supposed retirement to repeat the same clap-trap you huffed and puffed over before you self admitted yourself into into 'the sunshine retreat for retired posters'.

You always played the bully card when someone mounted a stong enough challenge to an opinion of yours or another cabal member. Now, if that challenge was in any way outside the ever narrowing PASOTI agreement they were banned (it's why ATD exists in the first place, you SPAWNED ATD, it's like a Luke/Anekin thing!). But if, like me, I kept it civil and articulate it frustrated the hell out of you and the last resort was to claim conspiracy, witchhunt or bullying.

Well sorry Ian (Newell) to shatter your bubble of self comfort but from me anyway it never was, isn't, and never will be bullying or a conspiracy or anything other than one man argueing intelligently and expressively one point at a time with whoever strays into his sights. FFS I've argued sooo many times with Hairy over some such sh*t or another how can I possibly be in a conspiracy of bullying with him?.

I'll argue a principle with ANYONE, over ANYTHING, but I don't hold a grudge longer than I can hold my breath. You on the other hand simply CAN'T accept that, CAN'T let things go, MUST believe there's a campaign going on, an agenda being played out, a conspiracy at play.

Grow the f**k up man. Ian gave an opinion I vehemently oppose, I challenged it, he cyber-flounced, I claimed victory, bought him a cyber-pint and gave him a cyber-hug, honour restored all round. END OF.

Why wade in a day late acting like that old knight of the crusades from the Indiana Jones movie to defend your mates honour. In so doing you make yourself look ridiculous, you've turned up late to a battle that's over to restore honour that wasn't lost armed with a weapon that's out of date :doh:

Don't put me in a box with anyone else, don't claim imaginary conspiracies and don't cry bully. I am a lone crusader, I don't hunt in packs and I fight fair. In all my years of honourable arguement there have only ever been two contributors so up themselves and all round creepy and stalky that I've been unable to cyber-hug afterwards like big softy girls.......don't make it three you daft apeth.