Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director)

Jul 29, 2010
Oh and we'll see just how 'hands off' you are and how 'open to discussion' PASOTI still is if my last post mysteriously disappears ;-)

Or, having excercised my right to reply, the thread could always go back on topic, as I twice suggested it should last night. Back into your chair brave Sir Newell of Swilly, it was just a dream, group activities in half an hour..........

Sep 23, 2011
Back on topic, I have a question for those who were closer to want went on at the time:

Was Ridsdale responsible directly or indirectly with the appointment of P&A and was he in anyway responsible for the bid from Heaney?

If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then anything he did afterwards to "save" us was at best cleaning up his own mess.

It should be said though that ultimately Ridsdale was only involved in a mess created originally by the mismanagement of our club over several years before. Ultimately that is where the real blame lies. Without what came before Ridsdale would not have been in the picture

A

Anonymous

X Isle":2rkdnrs3 said:
What?, get to the furthestmost parish boundary of f**k Mr Newell. How do I get dragged into this?.

Last I knew of it my counter arguement to IDL's 'Ridsdale love in' went unopposed, I'd bought him a pint of Tribute and we'd hugged and made up, same as I always do, with all but the stalkiest of stalkers. Read my posts on this thread again.

But no, out you come from supposed retirement to repeat the same clap-trap you huffed and puffed over before you self admitted yourself into into 'the sunshine retreat for retired posters'.

You always played the bully card when someone mounted a stong enough challenge to an opinion of yours or another cabal member. Now, if that challenge was in any way outside the ever narrowing PASOTI agreement they were banned (it's why ATD exists in the first place, you SPAWNED ATD, it's like a Luke/Anekin thing!). But if, like me, I kept it civil and articulate it frustrated the hell out of you and the last resort was to claim conspiracy, witchhunt or bullying.

Well sorry Ian (Newell) to shatter your bubble of self comfort but from me anyway it never was, isn't, and never will be bullying or a conspiracy or anything other than one man argueing intelligently and expressively one point at a time with whoever strays into his sights. FFS I've argued sooo many times with Hairy over some such sh*t or another how can I possibly be in a conspiracy of bullying with him?.

I'll argue a principle with ANYONE, over ANYTHING, but I don't hold a grudge longer than I can hold my breath. You on the other hand simply CAN'T accept that, CAN'T let things go, MUST believe there's a campaign going on, an agenda being played out, a conspiracy at play.

Grow the f**k up man. Ian gave an opinion I vehemently oppose, I challenged it, he cyber-flounced, I claimed victory, bought him a cyber-pint and gave him a cyber-hug, honour restored all round. END OF.

Why wade in a day late acting like that old knight of the crusades from the Indiana Jones movie to defend your mates honour. In so doing you make yourself look ridiculous, you've turned up late to a battle that's over to restore honour that wasn't lost armed with a weapon that's out of date :doh:

Don't put me in a box with anyone else, don't claim imaginary conspiracies and don't cry bully. I am a lone crusader, I don't hunt in packs and I fight fair. In all my years of honourable arguement there have only ever been two contributors so up themselves and all round creepy and stalky that I've been unable to cyber-hug afterwards like big softy girls.......don't make it three you daft apeth.

dripping-faucet.gif

A

Anonymous

Wildsurf":26gfuuy1 said:
Back on topic, I have a question for those who were closer to want went on at the time:

Was Ridsdale responsible directly or indirectly with the appointment of P&A and was he in anyway responsible for the bid from Heaney?

If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then anything he did afterwards to "save" us was at best cleaning up his own mess.

It should be said though that ultimately Ridsdale was only involved in a mess created originally by the mismanagement of our club over several years before. Ultimately that is where the real blame lies. Without what came before Ridsdale would not have been in the picture

That's a VERY good question, and one I often pondered.

My own thoughts are, that he probably, at some stage, made a 'Yorkshire call' and then it all happened quickly, but I do believe that the original call was from the M7, and then he moved it on from there, and when he realised that we were not Country Bumpkins and were going to roll over and die, he tried another tactic.

I'm not for one minute suggestion that any of the good he did was altruistic, as it most certainly wasn't, but for varying reasons (mostly selfish I'm sure) he saved us by his actions.

I can't quite 'do a Smiffy', if I had a fringe, I wouldn't be flicking it right now in the way that some of the righteously indignant, perfect people do.

Ask me whether I prefer PR to BG and DH, and I'd go for PR every time, he might well be 'fleet of foot', with the other two, I'm sure they enjoyed the misery our club was in.

Let's put it this way, I'll never go to Yorkshire for my holidays!! :greensmile:

Mercedes summed it nicely and succinctly in my view.

Dec 19, 2008
You know what. Here's the story.

Postey (is that PL2's nickname? I get confused) stated he'd been linked directly to Jimmy Saville twice on ATD. I thought he was referring to a post by Greenjock on there - and that post didn't do that. I couldn't find the other one as I was looking for it on the Peter Risdale thread on there. So I challenged him as the fact is, the post in that thread by Greenjock didn't link Postey directly with Jimmy Saville. I then asked him to PM me a link to where he was directly linked. He did. The post in question was from an Exeter City fan called Red Star on an entirely unrelated thread and I've reported that post as abuse to the mods on there and apologised to Postey as I said I would. I'm not sure how that's trolling anyone. The thing is though, if Postey states he's been linked twice to Jimmy Saville on ATD it looks terrible when in fact, he was only linked once and that was by an Exeter City fan who exists on that particular forum to snipe at people he used to argue with on their forum (Exeweb). ATD looks like a bad place full of bad men (it really isn't - most of them are a bit mental but they're pretty harmless most of the time) and Postey gets a bit of sympathy.

Back to the OP - I think Jim'll Fix It for Risdale to get his greedy mits on something else pretty soon and I'm glad he has nothing to do with Plymouth Argyle.

A

Anonymous

Wildsurf":1ouzv0f5 said:

I believe Peter Ridsdale recommended the appointment of the P&A Partnership (Guilfoyle) and Walker Morris (Hinchcliff) to the Board when they were faced with the prospect of further action from HMRC and being wound up. The Board accepted his recommendation and Brendan Guilfoyle was duly appointed as Joint Administrator

It is my belief that Heaney was always a front man for others. I understand that it was Abe / Kagami who paid the original £300k to secure exclusivity. Further payments (towards the agreed £1m exclusivity fee) were not forthcoming as Heaney failed to deliver the level of development he promised because of the Council's insistence on sticking to the Central Park AAP brief. Heaney never had any money - he was subject to a CCJ for around £18,000 which he was unable to pay. No bank in the land would lend to him.

BIL was an off shore creation to use as a vehicle whilst he hawked the development deal around the development industry in a vain attempt to deliver it. Some interpreted the sale and purchase agreement, where no further money was ever produced, as a device to keep the deal spinning with so called interested parties until eventually the Joint Administrator belatedly realised it was never going to happen. Peter Ridsdale stepped in, during that period as ever the opportunist, to agree to 'buy' the football club for £1 under the guise of Plymouth Argyle 125 Ltd whilst Heaney tried to secure the development side of it. This was the vehilcle to overcome Heaney's dual interest issue raised by the Football League. Heaney in my opinion was never ever close to doing the deal - he never secured one of the 300 signatures necessary for the deal to go ahead.

Ian De Lar's comments do have some merit in the following sense. Ridsdale played a major part in securing the 300 signatures necessary for James Brent to secure the purchase of the club by 31st October last year. Without his hard work and determination in this respect the deal would simply not have been done. In addition, he handled the HMRC with expertise and knowledge that allowed the club to survive until the Administrator's were appointed on his recommendation. Whether anyone else could have done it I don't know but clearly his expertise was a major contribution.

I remain of the view that he was duplicitous and an opportunist. Over the period it became difficult to believe anything he said. He was expert at briefing against people, even those he was supposed to be working for. Often he would say what he thought you wanted to hear. I wish I could be more generous but in my heart I can't

Sep 23, 2011
Thanks for the replies guys.

All it does is reinforce my opinion that by selling off the players to pay off hmrc and buy the Board some time was the cause of such a painful admin process. Had we gone into admin as soon as hmrc were chasing their debt we would have been able to fund the admin through transfer fees. A funded admin would have the adminstrator would have been under less pressure to accept the highest biider without consisting the risk.

I live in Yorkshire and was unknowingly introduced to BG's son about a year ago at a work event It was only subsequent to the introduction during the Bradford Bulls admin. I could have dropped myself in it had the conversation been steered in the wrong direction!

Jul 29, 2010
A number of remedies are available for that little problem these days Ian. You needn't suffer in silence, just ask the nice lady who gives out the meds ;-)

Retire properly or return and argue like a gentleman, playing hokey cokey with random outbursts and pictures makes you seem a bit like PASOTI's Father Jack, most unbecoming to a contributor of your former stature.

Jul 29, 2010
greengenes":1cexgbc8 said:
Why the hell do we let the "ghost" of this man cause so much division and arguement .
He divides opinion but its all in the past .

He's gone .

Sorry, we are back on topic now, aren't we? ;-)

(ah come on admit it, you all thought it, open goal there)

Wildsurf, surely when introduced to BG's offspring the initial handshake with a cloven hoof would've given you a clue.

B

bandwagon

Blimey, this thread is a splitter of the upper limits - almost like being back there taking in certain posts!! I could never change my position on a that man but maybe time to just look to the future, enough things to sort out there!!

Apr 4, 2004
I can think of very little positive stuff to say about the man so prefer to say very little and just be happy he is now just a distant memory.
I guess I have to concede that his skill for dodging the bullets was useful at the time. I don't know if the board at the time didn't know what to do or was there a paralyses at board room level where the board couldn't be decisive due to power struggles. Either way he came in and did what was needed to prevent Hmrc from controlling the situation.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
ming the merciless":2sr4l4fr said:
I can think of very little positive stuff to say about the man so prefer to say very little and just be happy he is now just a distant memory.
I guess I have to concede that his skill for dodging the bullets was useful at the time. I don't know if the board at the time didn't know what to do or was there a paralyses at board room level where the board couldn't be decisive due to power struggles. Either way he came in and did what was needed to prevent Hmrc from controlling the situation.

And all those who say he didn't do anything that other people could do should ask themselves the question, where were these people at the time?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Mike Greening":2eln0zog said:
ming the merciless":2eln0zog said:

And all those who say he didn't do anything that other people could do should ask themselves the question, where were these people at the time?

If PR had his way, Heaney would have taken control of the club's assets while he would have had the footballing side of the club for £1.

Heaney is now bankrupt and Ridsdale is banned from being a company director. Where would that have left us?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
GreenThing":e7verske said:
Mike Greening":e7verske said:
ming the merciless":e7verske said:

If PR had his way, Heaney would have taken control of the club's assets while he would have had the footballing side of the club for £1.

Heaney is now bankrupt and Ridsdale is banned from being a company director. Where would that have left us?

In very deep poo