Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Exactly.

I feel that Ridsdale done a better job of it than the board would have done, but by courting Heaney, the administration process took far longer than necessary.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Not sure why this is all being dredged up again. Mods can it be moved?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
monkeywrench":20q95kzf said:

I'm happy for it to stay here, it's a very important part of pafc history.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
GreenThing":1590h67k said:
monkeywrench":1590h67k said:

I'm happy for it to stay here, it's a very important part of pafc history.
And without it there would be no future. :scarf:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
With some of it there could have been no future :cry: which shows there are two sides to every coin, apart from the riddlers whose probably got two faces on it.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
It is GT for sure, but I don't see the point in going over old ground. We've debated it, and debated it again. I'm sick of the subject to be honest, the whole saga left me emotionally drained. PR is no longer here and his disqualifiation as a director is not Argyle related.

Anyway, asked and answered. I'll go away now! :)

Jul 29, 2010
Mike Greening":sd2qik14 said:
ming the merciless":sd2qik14 said:
I can think of very little positive stuff to say about the man so prefer to say very little and just be happy he is now just a distant memory.
I guess I have to concede that his skill for dodging the bullets was useful at the time. I don't know if the board at the time didn't know what to do or was there a paralyses at board room level where the board couldn't be decisive due to power struggles. Either way he came in and did what was needed to prevent Hmrc from controlling the situation.

And all those who say he didn't do anything that other people could do should ask themselves the question, where were these people at the time?

No-one was afforded the chance once the NWO called in Ridsdale, he pulled the rope up behind him and feathered his nest.

COULD anyone with half a business brain have done that though?, hell yes, and what's more they'd probably have looked at options that solved our problems. Not, as Ridders was after, options that would make him some money.

James Brent would've been in months earlier, we'd be months further down the line, the staff wouldn't have suffered so long.........and we wouldn't have had to pay Peter's massive wages all those months either.

He scammed us, he wasn't anyone's saviour but his own.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":suwbsud9 said:
Mike Greening":suwbsud9 said:
ming the merciless":suwbsud9 said:
I can think of very little positive stuff to say about the man so prefer to say very little and just be happy he is now just a distant memory.
I guess I have to concede that his skill for dodging the bullets was useful at the time. I don't know if the board at the time didn't know what to do or was there a paralyses at board room level where the board couldn't be decisive due to power struggles. Either way he came in and did what was needed to prevent Hmrc from controlling the situation.

And all those who say he didn't do anything that other people could do should ask themselves the question, where were these people at the time?

No-one was afforded the chance once the NWO called in Ridsdale, he pulled the rope up behind him and feathered his nest.

COULD anyone with half a business brain have done that though?, hell yes, and what's more they'd probably have looked at options that solved our problems. Not, as Ridders was after, options that would make him some money.

James Brent would've been in months earlier, we'd be months further down the line, the staff wouldn't have suffered so long.........and we wouldn't have had to pay Peter's massive wages all those months either.

This. Every word of it.

He did do well to get us into admin and get the CVA passed. If he'd have left it there I'd have respect for him (despite that others could have done it). But BIL was a bid by Heaney and his backers to take control of the land. They couldn't get the land due to Heaney's Truro involvment without a third party to own the football club as BIL's proxy.

Ridsdale implicated himself when he agreed to be that proxy for that group of charlatans. If Ridsdale has said "not a chance, you've got no money, bugger off so we can get James Brent in" then I'd have full respect. Without Riddler as the proxy, the BIL bid would not be a bid. The bid was relient on the proxy due to Heaney's TCFC involvment. If Ridsdale hadn't implicated himself to be that proxy, Brent could have agreed the CVA in May and we could have been out of admin by June, and made a real go of the 2011/12 League Two season. He didn't. He dragged things out cause he wanted that club for a quid too much. And it nearly killed us.

A

andyr1963

GreenSam":2ik6j96a said:
X Isle":2ik6j96a said:
Mike Greening":2ik6j96a said:
ming the merciless":2ik6j96a said:

This. Every word of it.

He did do well to get us into admin and get the CVA passed. If he'd have left it there I'd have respect for him (despite that others could have done it). But BIL was a bid by Heaney and his backers to take control of the land. They couldn't get the land due to Heaney's Truro involvment without a third party to own the football club as BIL's proxy.

Ridsdale implicated himself when he agreed to be that proxy for that group of charlatans. If Ridsdale has said "not a chance, you've got no money, bugger off so we can get James Brent in" then I'd have full respect. Without Riddler as the proxy, the BIL bid would not be a bid. The bid was relient on the proxy due to Heaney's TCFC involvment. If Ridsdale hadn't implicated himself to be that proxy, Brent could have agreed the CVA in May and we could have been out of admin by June, and made a real go of the 2011/12 League Two season. He didn't. He dragged things out cause he wanted that club for a quid too much. And it nearly killed us.

An excellent post GreenSam. :clap: Agree with every word

Dec 19, 2008
But none of you looked into his eyes. Look into his eyes.

Ridsdale_555858.jpg

How can you not trust this man? His eyes are so...

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I see it the same way as X Isle and Greensam too. Perish the thought that he and Heaney had got their hands on the club.

Dec 19, 2008
Ian Newell":1qlech3p said:
At no time did I say that Ian De Lar we being bullied Womble. Why do people misquote so?

The phrase was 'popped at', and look back and you see the two 'voices' of Pasoti, Messrs J and Isle, who often state that they will not be shouted down blah blah blah.

When I call them 'bully boys' which I did, it's more of a mental torture. Like dripping water on one's forehead, the single act in itself is not harmful, but the collective effect is devastating.

The number of times, over the last two or three weeks, I've met normal (non internet) fans, who have said things like 'how do you cope with that rubbish, and as for the X Isle...............'.

I also went to the FansFest last week, and at least three Senior Greens asked me (for some reason) to introduce them to Hairy J. :facepalm:

As it happens, my own personal opinion is that both X and Hairy add to this site, and they amuse me when reading some of the threads (thank the Lord I don't have to read them all any more :greensmile: ) BUT to give Ian stick, when he is talking about what he saw when working in the CP is simply silly, he was there and they weren't.

I don't think anyone would ever say they'd trust PR, that would be stretching the imagination, but a few would say, what he bought to the club at that time (and perhaps he left us 3 months two early) is fully understandble.

Mr Nicholson talks about 'letting the scales fall from you eyes' etc, that's yet another example of someone who wasn't invloved in the nasty, dirty and horrible stuff, talking out of his backside.

Listen to what Postey said, slag it if you want, but I know, that he's right in what he's saying.

I suspect they know talent when they see it and want to meet me because I'm really awesome. I can't blame them. I had a shave this morning and it took me 45 minutes to stop looking at myself in the mirror after I'd rinsed off my lather. I literally had to drag myself away or I would have been late for work.

I would offer up a night out with Hairy J for one of your auctions Ian but not even Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk could afford me. I have expensive tastes and I'd insist on a table for two at Jolly Jacks at the very least.

:wave: