Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Ridsdale (banned as a company director)

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Saracen10":1k656g13 said:
PL2 3DQ":1k656g13 said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/10/03/former-cardiff-city-chairman-peter-ridsdale-handed-company-director-ban-91466-31958658/

Just read the full verdict - an absolute outrage - rotten to the core that man (in my opinion of course)

:furious: :furious:

Why does a burglar go to prison when caught, yet he just gets a ban from being a Director for essentially "stealing" nearly half a million pounds :crazy:

Dec 20, 2011
1...Isnt there a "fit and Proper" test by authorities for Chairman/woman and owners to run a football club??.....how long does this "process" take?

2...so I presume he will have no excuse not to stand down from PNE now then??

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Tugboat":17bd3ghd said:
X Isle":17bd3ghd said:
He wasn't the only person who could've achieved that Tuggers. But once he got his claws into us no DECENT individual would've been able to prize him out. With his sidekick (Brenda) and his business partner (Ginge) he conspired to stitch things up in his favour whilst all the while whipping naked fear in the fanbase.

He's a unit marked 'c' and I'll have none of this bleedin' heart apoligista clap trap on my watch thank you very much.
It's a no brainer for me. Turn back the clocks to Ridsdales appointment at that precise time with those precise potential outcomes for the club and I would vote in favour of his appointment knowing what I know now.

How wrong would it be if we were sat here today without a club saying what if.

No brainer.

:iagree:

May 19, 2010
the people who saved the club were :

the staff who went months without pay
the firms who lost 99% of what they were owed.
the fans who put there money in so staff who werent paid at least had 'something' to spend.

players were sold for a fraction of their value. we were fleeced BIG time.

BWP worth 300k at least (20 goal plus strikers in 3rd tier ususally fetch twice that!!)
Mason worth more than 300k
R Johnson 400k
Bolalsie 150k
and just HOW did we run up a £17m debt!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 24, 2010
I only judge him on what he did for us, not what happened at Leeds, Cardiff or anywhere else and in James Brent's words (and he should know) we would not have a football club if it wasn't for Peter Ridsdale.

Apr 3, 2010
GregCampbellFanClub":314ct03l said:

the fans who put there money in so staff who werent paid at least had 'something' to spend.

BWP worth 300k at least (20 goal plus strikers in 3rd tier ususally fetch twice that!!)
R Johnson 400k
Bolalsie 150k
Im pretty sure Bolasie went for £20,000 in the end ... because he had 2 weeks to run on his contract :/

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
I said it when he was sniffing around the club (or "on a walking holiday" :lol: ) and I said it when he was finally involved with the club, that he was an odious individual that should never be let loose near any football club in the world ever! Maybe now he won't be. Now it is proved that he is a criminal, I can't believe that there are still people on here defending him.

"He saved the club" no he didn't! The fans saved the club.

"He kept the HMRC from our door" No he didn't! He just put them off for a while by selling our best players cheaply, even I could have done that!

"He made us more attractive to buyers" No he didn't! He feathered his own nest and even when it looked like he wasn't going to get his way with Heaney and that Brent would take over, he STILL went off and tried to hawk his club for a quid deal to another shady character in Firoz Kassam!!!

He was not good for us, he was not good for Cardiff, he was not good for Barnsley and he was not good for Leeds, he probably is no good for Preston as well.

Maybe now at last football can rid itself of the cancer that is Peter Risdale.

Sep 19, 2006
Huddersfield
GregCampbellFanClub":2cubo9x7 said:

R Johnson 400k
Bolalsie 150k

Completely agree. How much more convincing do some people need that Ridsdale had nothing like the club's best intentions at heart?

It also helps prove as wrong those people who took, and still take, a "let's just find someone with money to takeover" attitude. Money-men don't go into football clubs with innocence. Some do it for business reasons, either legit (Brent it appears so far) or dodgy (Ridsdale), while others do it for a bit of fun and prestige (see the current Malaga situation for e.g.). Whichever it is, the only sustainable way of running a club - the only way that personal finance isn't at the centre - is for democratic fans' ownership. Under the current structure of the sport that means you won't get to the Premier League, but at least you've got your own existence in your own hands.

Jul 29, 2010
Integrity is everything, and he had none. He had none before he arrived, he displayed none when he was here and he hasn't found any since he left.

Tuggers I'd have sooner started again than get into bed with him, said so at the time. So in your hypothetical clock turnback if I had my way we'd be winning regularly in the conference south, we wouldn't be kneejerking over Carl Fletcher on the whim of every result and we wouldn't still be soiled by the involvement of that scheister.

Aug 28, 2012
bandwagon":180izep4 said:
What is his position at Preston - will he have to step down?

BBC website quotes "The ban prevents Mr Ridsdale from acting as a director, but also from taking part - directly or indirectly - in the promotion, formation or management of a company"

...think that means the back of Risdale at Preston and for the sake of football any other club until 2020.

Wonder if he'll pitch up in another country ??

Good Ridance

Oct 24, 2010
GregCampbellFanClub":1z09mtvl said:

R Johnson 400k
Bolalsie 150k
Those players would have been worth nothing at all to us if the HMRC had wound us up.

Your not suggesting that Ridsdale was responsible for the £17m debt are you??

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I saw at close quarters how much hard work Ridsdale put in to save Argyle, whatever his motives we should be thankful for what he achieved.

It's a pity he didn't stay because the club is in desperate need of a football man to be the Chief Executive, with James watching over him Ridsdale would have been perfect for that role and I'm sure a lot of teething problems we have seen over the last few months would not have happened if Ridsdale was the Chief Exec.

May 19, 2010
no im not.
£17m quid has never been explained.personally i cant believe we managed to run up THAT amount of debt.

we cant blame ridsdale for that amount (obviously), BUT it is clear to me the club has been ripped off.
no idea exactly WHO by though.

Pity he didnt stay ???? :banghead: :facepalm:

thats just what the club needs eh (sic) !

A

andyr1963

Cult Of Personality":2jep9bsr said:
He did not save the club

The fans saved the club because we made sure that James Brent brought the club by putting pressure on him and Brenda and Ginge

Ridsdale just made a tiny sum out of the club like he always does utter scum this guy and glad will no longer be able to do this again to another club

tidy ?