Neil Dewsnip (merged) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Neil Dewsnip (merged)

jthep

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
Neil spent 17 years at Everton’s Academy and a further 8 years in England’s under-17 to u-20 set up. As a Director of Football that gives him an impeccable background to set up Argyle’s Category 2 Academy at Brickfields As his primary task. That he has been asked to take and willingly accept a caretaker role with Nance to twice take the reins at a time of difficulty for the club shows his total commitment to the club. That he does done so with respect, candour and indeed irreverent humour shows the measure of the man.

He has implemented Simon’s ’Togetherness’ statement with great aplomb whilst being understandably in awe of what the Green Army produced on Friday night. We are lucky to have a man of his calibre as a Director of Football. It just makes the offensive social media abuse and ill informed comment all the more difficult to understand. Surely, as supporers, we are all better than that.
In similar vein to Graham's words - we are also very fortunate to have a director of football who is both willing and able to fill the gap created by our situation. I can't think of any other situation where this has happened once - let alone twice - nor where a director of football has been so front of foot, enthusiastic and visible in their role. Add Nance to the chemistry and you have an exceedingly rare set of circumstances.

There is of course still work to do - and it could still go wrong. However the one big plus of this episode is that it has vividly demonstrated how important the softer management skills are to our set up. In the recruitment process I suspect this will be tested in every way possible.

And - PS - I suspect one essential criteria is that Nance is part of the new set up. No argument, full stop.

Feb 11, 2024
I think we should have a chant for him at Stoke show our appreciation for him...

I suggest the Allez, Allez song with Schuey swapped out to Dewey, and swap Ryan lowe for "Helicopter or chopper" that would be rocking

Jul 12, 2016
In similar vein to Graham's words - we are also very fortunate to have a director of football who is both willing and able to fill the gap created by our situation. I can't think of any other situation where this has happened once - let alone twice - nor where a director of football has been so front of foot, enthusiastic and visible in their role. Add Nance to the chemistry and you have an exceedingly rare set of circumstances.

There is of course still work to do - and it could still go wrong. However the one big plus of this episode is that it has vividly demonstrated how important the softer management skills are to our set up. In the recruitment process I suspect this will be tested in every way possible.

And - PS - I suspect one essential criteria is that Nance is part of the new set up. No argument, full stop.
I think Nance is the one non negotiable when the new manager/ head coach is appointed. Why would he not be required? He is Mr Argyle and has been so dependable.He also has the respect of the players.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
I think Nance is the one non negotiable when the new manager/ head coach is appointed. Why would he not be required? He is Mr Argyle and has been so dependable.He also has the respect of the players.
Much like dear old Bill Harper was back in the day. Hopefully when Nance gets a bit too old for coaching he can be given the job of washing the kit or something, so he can stay on the payroll.

Sep 28, 2022
As long as you manage to find a way of posting a video of your self eating your lucky socks onto pasoti all will be forgiven I'm sure.
Fantastic idea, I, m not overly confident with regards to technology of the Internet, but would happily chew on my own socks in order to safeguard our Championship status. My latest weaze is to bet £5 on our oponents to win. I kid you not, I started against Rotherham, then QPR and lastly Leicester. Luckily enough I, ve lost each bet, fantastic!!. I shall of course be putting £5 on Stoke, Millwall and Hull each to win and hopefully lose all my money!!. Superstition is a funny old thing but heh ho I am happy to go along with it if it works!!. We don't need a new manager when my tactics seem so effective. Coygs!!.

Apr 8, 2021
The thing with all this is that everyone (including IF) only did what they thought/think is right and tried to act in the interest of the club. I admire ND for taking a large share of the responsibility for IF. I equally admire him for stepping into the breach so readily. As a club we were decisive in taking action when things weren’t turning out with IF as we would have all wished (including him). So much to be proud of. We should show some class, I think, in respecting the domestic and professional chaos IF is suffering. Not our problem, of course, but certainly something we needn’t relish.

I totally loved the ND/KN hugs and sheer delight as we put Leicester to the sword. No need for us to doubt how passionate they are for the Club. Given everything they must have been through, I have complete respect and trust in them. COYG.

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Fantastic idea, I, m not overly confident with regards to technology of the Internet, but would happily chew on my own socks in order to safeguard our Championship status. My latest weaze is to bet £5 on our oponents to win. I kid you not, I started against Rotherham, then QPR and lastly Leicester. Luckily enough I, ve lost each bet, fantastic!!. I shall of course be putting £5 on Stoke, Millwall and Hull each to win and hopefully lose all my money!!. Superstition is a funny old thing but heh ho I am happy to go along with it if it works!!. We don't need a new manager when my tactics seem so effective. Coygs!!.

SS, I have been guilty of doing the same in the past. Problem was my winnings did not lighten my very bad mood at an Argyle defeat, infact, I ended up drinking more in the pub to forget which, of course, never helps :giggle:.

Having said that, I did a 5 team odds on accy on Friday night and, guess what, was let down by 1 team from the Midlands area.....fantastic :ROFLMAO:

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
I have gone back and reviewed all of my posts in the end of Foster period when questions were being asked and tempers frayed, to see if I had overstepped the mark, and therefore if I owe an apology. in one post, I did question whether or not a DoF was necessary and if too much influence was held by Neil D during the Foster appointment process. It was not a pretty post; I hope it did not cause offence, it was not my intention. I do apologise without reservation if this was the case.