Neil Dewsnip (merged) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Neil Dewsnip (merged)

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
It isn't just modern society though is it?
It has happened for so very long and if fans are unhappy with the man/woman at the top then they make their voices heard either in or around the ground.
It isn't just because social media has exploded and you can hide behind a screen, people will continue to do what they believe is their right, freedom of speech but should always remain within the law doing so.
Personally I couldn't careless what he did or didn't do with Foster coming in, he was the wrong man and he was finally removed so we move on

Aug 11, 2013
You never know - doubters can often spur an individual to greater things. The: “I’ll prove them wrong” mentality. Such negatives may have provoked a greater positive than wouldn’t otherwise have been. Who knows? … no-one should be free of constructive criticism.

Reactions: Bryan Tregunna
Oct 5, 2013
ND has shown exactly the enthusiasm and positivity, as well as the tactical know-how and man-management, that the whole club needed for the sinking ship to be righted and set back on a positive course again.
A great effort by him, and we are all surely very grateful for what he has done - along with Nance of course.
Together ND and Nance have breathed the life back into the club.

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
I don't believe that any of my comments about Neil Dewsnip were "disgraceful" and I personally can't remember many if any that were. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, be it one that you personally might not always agree with. I was of the opinion that Neil Warnock should have been installed as a temporary manager until the end of the season. I don't believe that we are safe from relegation yet, but if we do avoid relegation, yes fair enough I made a wrong judgement, a judgement that I expressed in all honesty and as this site is for people to express an opinion on all things Argyle related, assumed it was an ideal platform for my own opinion. Nothing to do with putting ones "brain in gear", simply expressing an opinion. They do it every day in Parliament, express opinions, mind you I will admit that one or two could definitely do with "putting their brains in gear" before opening their mouths.
As long as you manage to find a way of posting a video of your self eating your lucky socks onto pasoti all will be forgiven I'm sure.

Apr 4, 2004
I agree with so much of what has been said on this subject. When you look at other clubs this is not unique to us. The stick Leicester city are getting from their own fans is scary. In fact the bigger the club the more total idiots there are around to dish out stick when difficult moments arrive. Every single club has those moments. My point is we are growing, we are attracting new fans all the time. Our relative success is breeding some of this culture where people think they can say anything they want. Unless we want to shrink down again and become lower league strugglers again we will have to get used to this because it’s become part of football that some idiots feel they pay for their tickets and this entitles them to dish out bile towards everyone connected to the club. We have to embrace this. We have to see this as a sign that our club has grown and we are perhaps moving towards being one of those bigger clubs with some morons following us too. It’s never the majority but those types often make the most noise. I hope that Neil & Kevin can return to their roles once we have a new man. They will be integral as I believe they always have but they will be out of the firing line which will allow them to carry on with a little less pressure 🤞💚💚

I am so grateful for the pair of them and I believe we owe them a lot.

Feb 23, 2022
I agree with so much of what has been said on this subject. When you look at other clubs this is not unique to us. The stick Leicester city are getting from their own fans is scary. In fact the bigger the club the more total idiots there are around to dish out stick when difficult moments arrive. Every single club has those moments. My point is we are growing, we are attracting new fans all the time. Our relative success is breeding some of this culture where people think they can say anything they want. Unless we want to shrink down again and become lower league strugglers again we will have to get used to this because it’s become part of football that some idiots feel they pay for their tickets and this entitles them to dish out bile towards everyone connected to the club. We have to embrace this. We have to see this as a sign that our club has grown and we are perhaps moving towards being one of those bigger clubs with some morons following us too. It’s never the majority but those types often make the most noise. I hope that Neil & Kevin can return to their roles once we have a new man. They will be integral as I believe they always have but they will be out of the firing line which will allow them to carry on with a little less pressure 🤞💚💚

I am so grateful for the pair of them and I believe we owe them a lot.

I like this post, even though it saddens me.

When I read things like …”I’m entitled to my opinion,” I know, on the whole, something unpleasant is often going to follow.
It’s a bit like hearing “I’m not a racist but…” before the speaker launches into a racist tirade.

There’s a thing called The Golden Rule. Essentially it underpins every faith & belief system in the world & goes something like… ‘Do unto others as you would like to be done to’

We will always have morons supporting football clubs, at Argyle, or Newcastle or Exeter; perhaps particularly Exeter. 😆
But that’s not the point.

It’s individual responsibility. If I know that what I’m going to say or write about someone is out of order & would cause me or those close to me, anger or upset if I wrote it to myself, then I try not to do it.

Think about it.
Be honest but don’t be an donut.

Argyle is a unique club.
I’ve lived in a number of places, including in Ireland for the last 25 years.
I’ve supported Argyle for 45 years. Like everyone on here & beyond, I love my club & get completely irrational about it at times.
Argyle’s unique for many reasons, but most of all for me, because it’s trying to do the right thing at so many levels.
And that includes KN & ND.

We don’t have to accept nastiness or the morons who spout it, let alone embrace it.

Argyle Abú & COYG!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
There’s a middle ground. It’s clear that Foster was his choice and his appointment and so for that he deserves to be criticised. But it is also clear that we’ve been largely successful since he came to the club, and we’ve claimed 7 points from these three games, he was kicking every ball on the touchline last night, and so for that he deserves to be praised.
One problem I've seen over this entire debacle Cobi is that with some people they completely ignore that middle ground. It's hard to describe but from where I've been sat I've been looking at (not just here) something of a frenzy, with people queuing up to have their kick at Neil. Someone would post their view, the next would expand on this, often with some unsubstantiated, untrue statement or statistic. Before we knew it the criticism went beyond the Foster appointment with people questioning his credibility across all his areas of responsibility. I still stick to this - if some of these posters saw Neil Dewsnip in the street would they mount these accusations to his face? I'm not having a go because you are a passionate poster but if you had seen Neil one to one would you have said "Look Neil, it's clear to me that Foster is your appointment. Don't give me that stuff about it being a Board decision because I know better." Because that is basically what you said in your second sentence here.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
Neil spent 17 years at Everton’s Academy and a further 8 years in England’s under-17 to u-20 set up. As a Director of Football that gives him an impeccable background to set up Argyle’s Category 2 Academy at Brickfields As his primary task. That he has been asked to take and willingly accept a caretaker role with Nance to twice take the reins at a time of difficulty for the club shows his total commitment to the club. That he does done so with respect, candour and indeed irreverent humour shows the measure of the man.

He has implemented Simon’s ’Togetherness’ statement with great aplomb whilst being understandably in awe of what the Green Army produced on Friday night. We are lucky to have a man of his calibre as a Director of Football. It just makes the offensive social media abuse and ill informed comment all the more difficult to understand. Surely, as supporers, we are all better than that.