Neil Dewsnip (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Neil Dewsnip (merged)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
There’s a middle ground. It’s clear that Foster was his choice and his appointment and so for that he deserves to be criticised. But it is also clear that we’ve been largely successful since he came to the club, and we’ve claimed 7 points from these three games, he was kicking every ball on the touchline last night, and so for that he deserves to be praised.

Jul 24, 2009
In general I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. This is a small point, even to the point of being pedantic, but there is no end of praise for Nance (which I agree with) and barely a murmur about Neil Dewsnip. People very commonly talking about the two of them being in charge (ok) and putting Nance's name first - Nance and Neil etc. To be clear Dewsnip is the senior of two and although they are a partnership he is in charge - 'Director of Football Neil Dewsnip supported by first-team coach Kevin Nancekivell will take charge of the team for the remainder of the season'. Ultimately he was heavily involved (in the lead potentially?) on the Ian Foster appointment which was wrong and a mess, but beyond that has done so much right for this club since he joined.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Neil & Nance a pair of comfy Argyle Slippers that are totally embedded in all things of the Green persuasion
They are totally focused on the job in hand - securing our Championship status for next season & our players are totally embedded with them
Once the season is over that will be time for reflection
Neil & Nance will have their own private thoughts regarding the 87 day tenure but these thoughts will not be made public
End of season review with the hierarchy will be the time for reflection & refining the recruitment process

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021
There’s a middle ground. It’s clear that Foster was his choice and his appointment and so for that he deserves to be criticised. But it is also clear that we’ve been largely successful since he came to the club, and we’ve claimed 7 points from these three games, he was kicking every ball on the touchline last night, and so for that he deserves to be praised.
Is it clear that Foster was his choice alone? It was a selection committee including Simon Hallett and Andrew Parkinson who chose him, it was not an individual decision.

Sep 28, 2022
Some of the comments made about dewsnip were disgraceful, especially aimed at someone who has brought great success to our club. Unfortunately there are always some who put their mouths in gear before their brains!
I don't believe that any of my comments about Neil Dewsnip were "disgraceful" and I personally can't remember many if any that were. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, be it one that you personally might not always agree with. I was of the opinion that Neil Warnock should have been installed as a temporary manager until the end of the season. I don't believe that we are safe from relegation yet, but if we do avoid relegation, yes fair enough I made a wrong judgement, a judgement that I expressed in all honesty and as this site is for people to express an opinion on all things Argyle related, assumed it was an ideal platform for my own opinion. Nothing to do with putting ones "brain in gear", simply expressing an opinion. They do it every day in Parliament, express opinions, mind you I will admit that one or two could definitely do with "putting their brains in gear" before opening their mouths.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: green pants

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Is it clear that Foster was his choice alone? It was a selection committee including Simon Hallett and Andrew Parkinson who chose him, it was not an individual decision.
It was a "large" selection panel.

Dec 18, 2023
I don't believe that any of my comments about Neil Dewsnip were "disgraceful" and I personally can't remember many if any that were. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, be it one that you personally might not always agree with. I was of the opinion that Neil Warnock should have been installed as a temporary manager until the end of the season. I don't believe that we are safe from relegation yet, but if we do avoid relegation, yes fair enough I made a wrong judgement, a judgement that I expressed in all honesty and as this site is for people to express an opinion on all things Argyle related, assumed it was an ideal platform for my own opinion. Nothing to do with putting ones "brain in gear", simply expressing an opinion. They do it every day in Parliament, express opinions, mind you I will admit that one or two could definitely do with "putting their brains in gear" before opening their mouths.
I thought some bordered on being slanderous and where rightly removed by the Admins.

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
I agree. I do just wish that those who voice some of the wilder theories about players, managers, owners or whomever, would stop to think first. You can't unsay these things and they cause real hurt, as the post from his daughter hints at. Apologising afterwards is better than nothing but why say them in the first place? And I'm not talking about criticism in general, of course that's totally acceptable. But the wild conspiracy theory stuff, hidden agendas, egos etc, is just tabloid-style gossip. This club prides itself on values, hiring 'good' people and keeping high standards. We should strive to live up to those standards just as we expect others to do.
100% agree

Reactions: DC&CC Totnes

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Sorry mate, but the board picked him, not Neil. He might have given his opinion, but it was a board decision.

Sep 7, 2006
London
Sorry mate, but the board picked him, not Neil. He might have given his opinion, but it was a board decision.
The board also - from what I can tell - went along with not appointing support staff because Foster was happy "waiting for the right people".

Think that was genuinely disastrous, and not grounded in any kind of evidence of precedent.

Last edited:

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Also, I do Struggle with the entitlement of people to “criticise“ - why should we or anyone criticise ND, SH etc for their decision To appoint IF.

it was made in good faith, after a lot of consideration and with the good of the club at heart…l. It didn’t work out, for reasons many continue to speculate on and some elements might be true….however, is it for us to constantly put every board decision under the microscope and pull apart when things don’t go according to plan?

when I was in business thankfully things were dealt with behind closed doors, with discretion pretty much assured and as board directors we were accountable to the chairman and the board for the governance and success or otherwise of the business, but we didn’t have the constant pressure of employees or outsiders criticising our every move.

modern society really has gone so far off beam that we have to put up with this constant intrusiveness and pointing fingers of blame at people who are only doing their job to the best of their ability