Neil Dewsnip (merged) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Neil Dewsnip (merged)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The tweet from his daughter yesterday was very heartfelt.

We've played seven games under the Nancesnip partnership: won 2, drawn 4, lost one, winning 10 points which based over a full season would put us just outside the play-offs or after currently 43 games on 61 points.

Can they be our manager for next season? 😀

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
There have been a few haters on here regards to Neil. I think it's time to put that to bed. It's obvious to see he cares about the club. We should be grateful to have him, especially when he has held his hands up to the mistake that happened.

Onwards and upwards!
I agree. I do just wish that those who voice some of the wilder theories about players, managers, owners or whomever, would stop to think first. You can't unsay these things and they cause real hurt, as the post from his daughter hints at. Apologising afterwards is better than nothing but why say them in the first place? And I'm not talking about criticism in general, of course that's totally acceptable. But the wild conspiracy theory stuff, hidden agendas, egos etc, is just tabloid-style gossip. This club prides itself on values, hiring 'good' people and keeping high standards. We should strive to live up to those standards just as we expect others to do.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
When I watched the highlights this morning I noticed that Nance and Neil reacted exactly the same way I did when Bundu scored, hugging and jumping around, just like I did with my children, my friends and a man whose name I do not know. Their level of joy and togetherness was spontaneous, just like mine.

I also liked it when in the press conference he said he was clapping and singing along with us until someone told him he ought to stop.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I agree. I do just wish that those who voice some of the wilder theories about players, managers, owners or whomever, would stop to think first. You can't unsay these things and they cause real hurt, as the post from his daughter hints at. Apologising afterwards is better than nothing but why say them in the first place? And I'm not talking about criticism in general, of course that's totally acceptable. But the wild conspiracy theory stuff, hidden agendas, egos etc, is just tabloid-style gossip. This club prides itself on values, hiring 'good' people and keeping high standards. We should strive to live up to those standards just as we expect others to do.
I really appreciate your post. I was saddened by some of the criticism and doubting of the ethos of Dewsnip by a few posters recently. His contribution to this club has been huge over the last few years.

Argyologist

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 4, 2012
Definitely undervalued and under appreciated in the resurgence of our great club these last few years.

He plays a really crucial pivot point between leadership, manager and players and I am sure he is universally respected in-house.

What worries me is what happens next.

Foster’s appointment was clearly an attempt to replicate what we had just lost in Schuey young inexperienced but high potential manager on an upward trajectory that could also work with / for ND.
This policy fits our youth development strategy but also our already stretched budget.

Being able to replicate a similar but (let’s all hope better) appointment means persuading ND and ND’s family he’s best off here with us…

Oct 10, 2018
Exactly, you can constructively comment without making it personal. Wonder how ND ģoing to adjust back into his previous role bound to feel weird, considering he would have been in the dugout now for beet part of 5 months, one advantage he can see 1st hand where we need to strengthen for next season