Millwall post-match round up | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall post-match round up

Oct 5, 2013
That alone doesn't mean we don't deserve it.

We've been in gradual decline for months and nothing seems to be stopping that.

Other teams around us are fighting- Swansea, QPR, Stoke, Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday etc

We're in decline
Weā€™ve still achieved 7 points in the last 5 games, a rate which would have given us 64 points for the season. So our form is not that bad.
The real problem is that we arenā€™t scoring enough goals at the moment.

Jul 6, 2005
It was the right decision, Phillips has cost us goals earlier in the season when he should have been hooked earlier. Definitely cramping up.
Pleggy didn't jump and was a brilliant header to beat coops from there
Ridiculous comments as that particular decision was pivotal in the Millwall winning goal!

How can a free header be a "brilliant header". A decent defender would not have let him have a free jump.

Also, Phillips looked perfectly fine when he went off.

Reactions: Green 1886

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
We're an Aldi setup in a high end restaurant

Aug 4, 2011
Weā€™ve still achieved 7 points in the last 5 games, a rate which would have given us 64 points for the season. So our form is not that bad.
The real problem is that we arenā€™t scoring enough goals at the moment.
Christ, spin it all you want. Itā€™ll be 7 points from 6 in a weeks time. It was 7 points from 3. lost 2 on the bounce, a solitary shot on target in each game against mediocre teams. We beat Leicester on the back of positivity from the Foster sacking and 4 points from 2 games that anything less than 4 points wouldā€™ve been a travesty, and a Friday night game with a buoyant crowd well oiled.
Anyone thinking we can beat Hull after 2 shambolic away performances an early kick off and a general feeling of deflation is totally disillusioned

May 16, 2016
Itā€™s exactly this. All about momentum. One by one teams have picked us off. All Iā€™ve read on here for weeks is that (there are too many teams between us and the drop zone), well, that has now evaporated. What a few of us have warned against and the masses have poo pooed has now come true. There is NOBODY now between us and the drop zone. Thatā€™s right, stoke, QPR, Wednesday, millwall, Blackburn, Swansea, all leap frogged us. Birmingham will do the same on the last game and everyone will be stood there going ā€œdrat, how did that happen, we never saw that comingā€. Well some of us did and have and have spoken out about it and been shot down in flames.
Whittaker, bottle job for 2 months, no headed goals - shocking, set pieces just dreadful, canā€™t find a man from a throw in, Devine and Waine nowhere near championship standard - yet the majority have lived in denial. Well here we are, and realistically weā€™re relying on Norwich as weā€™re clearly not good enough to get out of this mess ourselves. Furious šŸ˜”
I get the impression you'll be dissapointed if we manage to stay up. You're dressing up one of the seasons easiest predictions in that Argyle would struggle to stay up if at all, as some sort of intuitive footballing foresight that only you possess.

I'm sure the players will oblige you and give you your "told you so" moment.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Christ, spin it all you want. Itā€™ll be 7 points from 6 in a weeks time. It was 7 points from 3. lost 2 on the bounce, a solitary shot on target in each game against mediocre teams. We beat Leicester on the back of positivity from the Foster sacking and 4 points from 2 games that anything less than 4 points wouldā€™ve been a travesty, and a Friday night game with a buoyant crowd well oiled.
Anyone thinking we can beat Hull after 2 shambolic away performances an early kick off and a general feeling of deflation is totally disillusioned

That's the spirit!

Reactions: greenpig27
Aug 4, 2011
I get the impression you'll be dissapointed if we manage to stay up. You're dressing up one of the seasons easiest predictions in that Argyle would struggle to stay up if at all, as some sort of intuitive footballing foresight that only you possess.

Nope, if you actually bother to read my posts Iā€™ve suggested weā€™d just about stay up, and our home form would do that. However, the moment we went for Foster and started playing the style we did I really couldnā€™t see it, and others seem taken in by it all. I felt like I was watching something different to everyone else.

Iā€™d love nothing more than Argyie to stay up, but some of the blind faith shown over the past 3 months is just ridiculous. If some had their way weā€™d still have Foster in charge ffs

Feb 10, 2024
Dewsnip is clearly the problem. Should have taken Warnock šŸ˜Ŗ he would have kept us up. Players are too comfortable, still negative tactics. Our main tactic next Saturday will be called Norwich City.

The Whittaker comment was out of order , lads had a confidence problem the last few months and unlike others stayed with us.

Aug 4, 2011
That's the spirit!
Be a bit more buoyant if I saw some spirit and fight on the pitch. Said back in January weā€™d fail to win at Stoke, Millwall, Blackburn, Huddersfield and Wednesday and thatā€™d shape our season. Not only have we failed to win any weā€™ve barely had a shot across all 5 games.

Reactions: elburtontrev
Oct 31, 2015
We haven't you are right and will finish where we deserve after 46 games.
Do you not agree though that the longer the season has gone on we have looked more and more like one of the worst three teams in the division and a League 1 side out of our depth?
If Birmingham help keep us up next week a major overhaul is necessary in the summer.
I agree with every word of this.

I might just add a bit. If we go down a complete rebuild is needed. Our squad today couldn't beat any of the top 6 to 8 in league 1

Feb 22, 2021
warnock was a disaster at aberdeen.
Dewsnip is a disaster. Appointed Foster and now plays for 0-0 every game. Waits until the opposition scores to change tactics. We will hear all week the players are up for the fight. Look at Joe Edwards interview today, he looks totally broken. The board has made mistake after mistake since December. Dewsnips arrogance that he would keep us up another mistake. We needed an experienced manager.

Apr 30, 2011
On the match itself, it was disappointing to see Pleggy not even jumping to challenge the guy who scored.
Overall we deserved the draw we set out to try and get.
Totally agree with this. Obviously result is disappointing but looking at it objectively, we played okay. Had a real decent spell in 2nd half for 15/20 minutes where I thought we were gonna get a result. They scored with a simple goal that was really poorly defended by Pleggy. Coops made a couple of half decent saves but nothing that I wouldn't expect of him.

We are at the business end of things, results are more important then performances but I'm not gonna be too critical of them. If we go down playing like that then fair enough.

MOTM for me was Mumba. Decent performances from Joe, Rands and Bundu. Waine had a couple of good involvements, played a lovely ball through for Morgan at one point. Overall, it is abundantly clear that he is not going to have a career within the professional game.

Morgan is so off it at the moment, two decent chances. One of them he really should have done better with but what I really did like from him today was his commitment to get back and help the defence out. Amazing tackle towards end of first half to prevent a clear opportunity for them.