Millwall post-match round up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall post-match round up

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
No I mean unbiased people who assess who on form deserve to not go down.

It’s really not hard.
We currently have enough points to keep us out of the bottom 3. That could change, but right now we don't deserve to go down because a season consists of 46 games (not 15) and we have accumulated points over the course of that season.

You're correct, it's not really hard at all. It's more complicated however when you're permanently negative.

Kind regards,
Mr G. Tint

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We currently have enough points to keep us out of the bottom 3. That could change, but right now we don't deserve to go down because a season consists of 46 games (not 15) and we have accumulated points over the course of that season.

You're correct, it's not really hard at all. It's more complicated however when you're permanently negative.

Kind regards,
Mr G. Tint
🙈

Reactions: woollygreen
Aug 17, 2006
Two poor sides, thought we were a little unlucky not to ride it out assuming we were playing for a nil nil. Still in our hands, which I would have taken in August - but we need a Goliath effort and a modicum of luck to go again in this league next year.
It's hard to know just what you're getting at.
Goliath lost. See 1st Book of Samuel, chapter 17.
So of whom is a "Goliath effort" required? Hull or Birmingham?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
We are playing on fumes
How many players are nursing niggles & still playing
Our squad depth is being severely tested
If Butch/Macca had not been moved on in January would we be in a different league position
One final push required next Saturday- being in this league is a very chastening experience
According to the dreadful stick they took earlier in the season you may be right. Both were constantly seen as "not championship standard". Or do you mean we may be 22nd or 23rd? I think its much more to do with Schuey taking his staff and Middlesbrough signing Azaz.

Reactions: getyourbootson
Dec 3, 2005
I don't understand Argyle TV, I have paid for my subscription for the Millwall game and it expires on the 1st May.
So why can i not listen to the after match interviews on Argyle TV?
Just says I don't have the subscription.

Dec 28, 2021
We haven't you are right and will finish where we deserve after 46 games.
Do you not agree though that the longer the season has gone on we have looked more and more like one of the worst three teams in the division and a League 1 side out of our depth?
If Birmingham help keep us up next week a major overhaul is necessary in the summer.
This is correct . First half of the season the Windies were terrible and deserved to get relegated , but it's not about half season form it's how many points you have at the end .

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Listening to Nance post match -Jordan fell ill over night & Joe was drafted in as his replacement

Jul 5, 2023
Newquay
I think our strategy as a club was/is wrong....you should always have a contingency prepared if things happen...like a manager leaving or one you sack. We seemed to be caught off guard it seems and lost time and brought in a totally inappropriate replacement. If by chance we stay up we need to invest a really decent manager with experience at this level.

Apr 9, 2024
Why all the negativity? I'm actually quite upbeat after today's results. It could have been a lot worse had Bum actually won. Huddersfield are now down and now Birmingham have to win against Norwich, a draw is not enough for them ( unless we lose by 5 (where have we seen that before?)
For what it's worth, I believe the tactics were correct today and with a little bit of luck we would have got our point.
For weeks I have been praying Hull to drop off so that our game would in theory be easier. However, I''m now of the thinking that Norwich need something to play for on the last day, so would like Hull to win tonight. It then won't matter if Hull beat us, as long as (a motivated) Norwich don't lose to Brum. If we are going to survive this, it will be because there are 3 worse teams than us...just! Then, I agree with many that there needs to be a major overhaul. I will be happy to spend another year in this division.
COYG

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Birmingham do not have to win next Saturday. If they draw and we lose by a 4 goal margin then we are level with the same goal difference. I’m not sure what happens then but if we can lose by 4 then we can also lose by 5… on the last day of the season… it’s been done before.

Feb 11, 2024
We need lots of effort and arms waved around. We also need luck. A lot of luck.

We need lots of effort and arms waved around. We also need luck. A lot of luck.
Based on the fact we have no skill, we need 100% luck, im praying for an early red card, poor refering, injuries from hull, and a few members of the green army being subbed on as they will be better than the shower curently pretending to care!

Oct 5, 2022
Why all the negativity? I'm actually quite upbeat after today's results. It could have been a lot worse had Bum actually won. Huddersfield are now down and now Birmingham have to win against Norwich, a draw is not enough for them ( unless we lose by 5 (where have we seen that before?)
For what it's worth, I believe the tactics were correct today and with a little bit of luck we would have got our point.
For weeks I have been praying Hull to drop off so that our game would in theory be easier. However, I''m now of the thinking that Norwich need something to play for on the last day, so would like Hull to win tonight. It then won't matter if Hull beat us, as long as (a motivated) Norwich don't lose to Brum. If we are going to survive this, it will be because there are 3 worse teams than us...just! Then, I agree with many that there needs to be a major overhaul. I will be happy to spend another year in this division.
COYG
Good analysis although I disagree about the tactics we should have played for the win not reverted to the don't loose mentality. Would like to stay up but equally would not be crushed if we go down. Football is all about money nowadays and until we get some serious investment we have reached our glass ceiling.

Jul 6, 2005
On the match itself, it was disappointing to see Pleggy not even jumping to challenge the guy who scored.
Overall we deserved the draw we set out to try and get.
Another tactical masterclass from Dewsnip.

Take off our tallest defender and replace him with our shortest. Then 2 minutes later, the short*ss replacement doesn't even get off the ground or make any attempt to stop their player heading the ball into the net for the winning goal.

Reactions: dunlop