Millwall post-match round up | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall post-match round up

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
We are where we are because of poor decisions by the board and the fact we are simply not good enough. Sick of the excuses. The chairman put no money into the team and we are paying the consequences. He hired an unknown manager with no proven track record in the championship at a pivotal point of the season, it failed, we are paying the consequences.

We are where we are and its down to Hallett.
Really, we brought two players for £1M each,SH has been totally supportive and spent money like no other chairman.
You could argue about Brickfields but that is the future of our club and I believe PCC have funded that too.
Hindsight is great ,SS leaving and IF not working is unfortunate, not signing Azaz but if we couldn't afforded it then that's it,we can't spend what we havnt got and I don't want to go back to the dark days.
I am tired of the interviews of the players before games and actions speak louder than words,lack of effort is not acceptable but maybe just maybe we are simply not good enough.
Let's make Home Park a cauldron against Hull and pray.....

Apr 27, 2019
Missed a trick today. Millwall had a few chances but weren't anything special. We might as well have really gone for it. We have to pray that Norwich beat Birmingham. I think Hull will beat us comfortably tbh but lost my voice today and will repeat next week. COYG.

Oct 31, 2015
We are where we are because of poor decisions by the board and the fact we are simply not good enough. Sick of the excuses. The chairman put no money into the team and we are paying the consequences. He hired an unknown manager with no proven track record in the championship at a pivotal point of the season, it failed, we are paying the consequences.

We are where we are and its down to Hallett.
Go back to school FFS and take your head for a wobble. If it wasn't for our owner we wouldn't be in this league. The recruitment in January and the off loading of seasoned pros wasn't the chairman's call either.

I do throw some blame at the DOF but blaming the owner for not spending more money is just effing ridiculous. Not sure how many seasons you have watched but its football.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Ridiculous comments as that particular decision was pivotal in the Millwall winning goal!

How can a free header be a "brilliant header". A decent defender would not have let him have a free jump.

Also, Phillips looked perfectly fine when he went off.
Phillips went down with cramp a couple of minutes before he was subbed

Oct 5, 2013
Christ, spin it all you want. It’ll be 7 points from 6 in a weeks time. It was 7 points from 3. lost 2 on the bounce, a solitary shot on target in each game against mediocre teams. We beat Leicester on the back of positivity from the Foster sacking and 4 points from 2 games that anything less than 4 points would’ve been a travesty, and a Friday night game with a buoyant crowd well oiled.
Anyone thinking we can beat Hull after 2 shambolic away performances an early kick off and a general feeling of deflation is totally disillusioned
Thanks for your comment, and I understand what you mean.
However, there’s a difference between having a positive attitude with belief, and being “totally deluded” (which is what I think you mean).
For me, the odds are that we will lose to Hull, but that doesn’t mean we can’t beat them. To do so, a positive attitude is the first requirement…… 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: Green 1886
Jan 6, 2004
I am not sure whether or not Hull have something to play for is necessarily a good or a bad thing. Pressure is sometimes positive and sometimes negative. Many teams perform worse in crucial games than ones where they can relax more - look at what has been happening to the top teams in the last few weeks. Dont misunderstand me, I still think we are more likely to lose than not because we are currently the second worst team in the league and far worse than Hull.

In some ways I am more interested in the Birmingham game than the Argyle game.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
We’ve still achieved 7 points in the last 5 games, a rate which would have given us 64 points for the season. So our form is not that bad.
The real problem is that we aren’t scoring enough goals at the moment.
Isn't that the same issue for all relegated teams ..

Oct 5, 2013
I wondered why he never got off the ground in order to compete in the air. A decent CB is expected to put a striker off his heading capability in a one on one aerial duel.
Seems to me that Pleggy thought he would be awarded the free kick, so exaggerated the effect of the push on him and bent down rather than jumping up.
A highly naive thing to do.

Reactions: jimsing and AndyH
Oct 5, 2013
I am not sure whether or not Hull have something to play for is necessarily a good or a bad thing. Pressure is sometimes positive and sometimes negative. Many teams perform worse in crucial games than ones where they can relax more - look at what has been happening to the top teams in the last few weeks. Dont misunderstand me, I still think we are more likely to lose than not because we are currently the second worst team in the league and far worse than Hull.

In some ways I am more interested in the Birmingham game than the Argyle game.
Astute comments

Feb 19, 2021
Seems to me that Pleggy thought he would be awarded the free kick, so exaggerated the effect of the push on him and bent down rather than jumping up.
A highly naive thing to do.
To me he didn't do one thing or the other; he just seemed to stand there. It was odd. Had he theatrically thrown himself to the ground we might have won the freekick.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimsing and philevs
Sep 6, 2006
Another tactical masterclass from Dewsnip.

Take off our tallest defender and replace him with our shortest. Then 2 minutes later, the short*ss replacement doesn't even get off the ground or make any attempt to stop their player heading the ball into the net for the winning goal.
Correct. Poor attempt by Pleggy who has generally been disappointing this season. The lazy Bundu should have stopped the cross. I'd getrid of both in the summer if anyone wants them.

Feb 9, 2021
Dewsnip is a disaster. Appointed Foster and now plays for 0-0 every game. Waits until the opposition scores to change tactics. We will hear all week the players are up for the fight. Look at Joe Edwards interview today, he looks totally broken. The board has made mistake after mistake since December. Dewsnips arrogance that he would keep us up another mistake. We needed an experienced manager.
Totally agree he hasn't got a clue just a bluff merchant and you can tell the players know it.
And a coward too scared to face the press after a defeat so sends Nance instead

Reactions: CoventryGreen
Sep 6, 2006
Why all the negativity? I'm actually quite upbeat after today's results. It could have been a lot worse had Bum actually won. Huddersfield are now down and now Birmingham have to win against Norwich, a draw is not enough for them ( unless we lose by 5 (where have we seen that before?)
For what it's worth, I believe the tactics were correct today and with a little bit of luck we would have got our point.
For weeks I have been praying Hull to drop off so that our game would in theory be easier. However, I''m now of the thinking that Norwich need something to play for on the last day, so would like Hull to win tonight. It then won't matter if Hull beat us, as long as (a motivated) Norwich don't lose to Brum. If we are going to survive this, it will be because there are 3 worse teams than us...just! Then, I agree with many that there needs to be a major overhaul. I will be happy to spend another year in this division.
COYG
The tactics obviously were NOT correct today as shown by the outcome. Where did luck come into it? We let them get in a cross and failed to challenge the header. We never looked like scoring. Absolutely nothing to do with luck whatsoever.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Haven’t read all the posts yet and catching up so sorry if already mentioned. Just wanted to say how embarrassing those Millwall fans were yesterday after the game. The funniest part was the women coming over giving it hand gestures. The police and stewards happy to stand and watch them throw vapes at the argyle fans. 😂😂