Brief Synopsis (Peterborough league game) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Peterborough league game)

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
Headlines in the Sunday Times today. ‘‘Greens in this season’. Thought it was a summary of these brief synopses. But actually it was that Irish Sea moss is becoming a trendy superfood.
Nevertheless perhaps this could be our season after yesterday’s performance.

• Haha
Reactions: Koala Green

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Still buzzing after yesterday- just watched the extended highlights

Breathless stuff- full throttle- we did not let up & they managed that in the extreme heat ( the warm weather training in Spain is certainly reaping rewards)

No fear, believe in the process, seamless subs who continued the execution of the game plan

The fact that the Posh had 4 subs at the start of the 2nd half shows we had them rattled & they wanted to try a different method to try & get back in the game

JCH had a very quiet 2nd half & Coops was barely troubled

Cherry on the top was Joe 90's nutmeg

Quick turnaround to Tuesday when we do it all again (y)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't think it was the 'losing' bit Andy it was the 'way' we lost that irked people.

I'm not a knee jerky by any means but that Fleetwood 'performance' got me going a bit.

All is well now though. :)

Reactions: Tugboat
Jun 27, 2019
A question for those who were at Fleetwood and HP yesterday: what was the key difference between those two matches?

Or do we think that Fleetwood are stronger than Peterborough this season?

Reactions: Penmaster

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Hope we don't lose the next game, or it be back to moaning and the team have no chance of promotion or anything because of lack of budget, formation doesn't work, just hoofballl etc.

That's pasoti!!
Always one. 🤦‍♂️

Mar 23, 2008
Whilst he has skill I thought he was greedy tbh, there was an occasion late in the match where he should have played in Ennis who would have been through on goal.

I’ve not found him to be much of a team player so far imo.
Yes I know the passage of play you mean and fair point. However I think here he will learn under Schuey and looks like he might have a moment of magic in him to win us a game or two.

Mar 23, 2008
Big difference for me is that we are far less predictable than last season. As well the co-incidence of getting the top 7 teams in the last 7 games of the season (or something like that) I believe our predictability found us out in the last part of the season as teams worked out how to negate us. This season with more fluidity in positions and more of a mix between long and short balls it is going to be far harder to do that I think
Fully agree with that. Thought we were way too predictable under Lowe. Now we have different ways of playing and formations, far more flexible.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Did anyone else think the pen was extremely soft? There didn't seem to be much contact at all. The Posh players didn't seem to complain though.

Another thing I noticed - in the second half Mumba got badly wiped out by one of their players, and our lads were quick to get round him and give him credit for getting the foul before he could react. Good in-game management there.

Reactions: KeithB and saxman
Oct 19, 2021
Did anyone else think the pen was extremely soft? There didn't seem to be much contact at all. The Posh players didn't seem to complain though.

Another thing I noticed - in the second half Mumba got badly wiped out by one of their players, and our lads were quick to get round him and give him credit for getting the foul before he could react. Good in-game management there.
It’s hard to tell from the highlights as the camera angle isn’t helpful but from the Lyndhurst it was an absolute nailed on penalty.

Reactions: Lobster

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth

From the Mayflower I thought it was stonewall, having watched the highlights it's definitely less so, but still probably a penalty.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M

Watching live from block five, and pretty much in line with the box running vertically, it looked a cast-iron foul, what I could not tell was whether it was in the box or not.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
I have yet to be there live this season but watched the Barnsley match on TV and my boy watched the match yesterday on TV, he has echoed everything here in that they were brilliant.
My only thought, is there any significance in Ennis coming on rather than Jephcott? Or was the game just more suited to that player?

Reactions: JannerinCardiff