Brief Synopsis (Peterborough league game) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis (Peterborough league game)

Aug 8, 2014
To be honest I've seen more from Whittaker in the last couple of games than I have from Ennis. If he could be a little less greedy then I can see him contributing quite a lot this season. Ennis has been ineffective for some time now, which is a shame I used to really rate him.
Ennis was brilliant when he came on yesterday and personally a 'horses for courses ploy I would play him in the away games as his hold up play is better than hardies

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I would play him in the away games as his hold up play is better than hardies

I’m not so sure about that. Ennis’ hold up play on Wednesday was dreadful, he was bullied, and the ball immediately started to stick more when Hardie came on.

For me if we’re playing with one up top then it needs to be Hardie, if we’re playing with two then Hardie & Jephcott.

Aug 17, 2005
I’m not so sure about that. Ennis’ hold up play on Wednesday was dreadful, he was bullied, and the ball immediately started to stick more when Hardie came on.

For me if we’re playing with one up top then it needs to be Hardie, if we’re playing with two then Hardie & Jephcott.
The thing is with Hardie up front he stops their dedence from pressing up otherwise they leave the gap behind them for him to run onto

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Credit, and thanks, to the Posh fans. They all stood and respected the minutes silence immaculately. 👍

Reactions: saxman and Drake

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but having watched the game back today, I thought the back three were immaculate.

Their defending, decision making and passing was some of the best I've seen from them. The measure of exactly how good they were was Marriott being taken off and Clarke-Harris almost having no impact in the 90 minutes. A massive shout out then to Scarr, Wilson and Gillesphey. Also worth noting Gillesphey has a very decent pass on him, he made several yesterday.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but having watched the game back today, I thought the back three were immaculate.

Their defending, decision making and passing was some of the best I've seen from them. The measure of exactly how good they were was Marriott being taken off and Clarke-Harris almost having no impact in the 90 minutes. A massive shout out then to Scarr, Wilson and Gillesphey. Also worth noting Gillesphey has a very decent pass on him, he made several yesterday.
‘Calm’ was the word that came to my mind. They just didn’t seem to get hurried or panic at all and always took the time to locate the space around them.

Apr 30, 2011
l dont think budgets win you a football match.

I think budgets give you a significant advantage over a 46 game season.

You may have listened to the fan forum today where they talked about this financial gulf in our league between those that believe they can go for promotion and those trying to starve off relegation. So for them to mention this they must think it’s a factor.

In a one off match, anything is possible. I mean that’s why we love the fa cup.
Going off on a slight tangent from the thread but I think the interpretation of wage budget is blown out of proportion, particularly for clubs recently relegated from the Championship. If a team has sacked a manager or senior member of coaching staff, has paid a players contract up or still have a few players on mega buck contracts agreed when they were Championship clubs, their wage bill is potentially going to look bloated compared to the reality of what they are actually spending on current first team players. Our wage bill from our last couple of seasons would probably dwarf what we are paying now but I'd take 75% of this squad over the one that got relegated.