Brief Synopsis (Peterborough league game) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Peterborough league game)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
what a wonderful match,the side oozing team spirit and what a shrew move to train in spain.ten out of ten for all players with joe 90 man of the match,he ran all match long and still didn't look tired.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Didn't we go to a back four in the second half to nullify their left winger who was starting to find space (when Van Dijk came on for us)? Very flexible tactics by Schuey! Where's MGM when you need him?
No. Gillesphey moved to left wingback and Lonwijk tucked in as the left sided centre back. Apart from Edwards continuing to bomb forwards we were more like 5 at the back at the end of the game.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Where was Galloway?

I really hope there are no January recall clauses for Azaz or Mumba? Those two have raised the standard in the team and Mumba is not even playing in his preferred position.

Dec 26, 2010
I have nothing insightful to add, but I'd like to say that three and a half hours after full time, I'm still absolutely buzzing. As good a performance as I've witnessed in my 50-year career as an Argyle supporter. Mind you, several glasses of Corbieres helps keep the enthusiasm up.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I think that was our best performance since Schumacher took over. Physically, technically and mentally dominant performance. Outstanding all round.

I thought Mumba in particular was absolutely outstanding. Energy, skill, aggression, tenacity. Loved everything about his performance.

My only criticism was our failure to take chances. We could have and should have been out of sight at half time. Our final ball really let us down. Mayor made the same run down the left three times and all three times the pass either didn’t find him or was behind him. Real shame. But that really is me nit-picking.

Ratings:

Cooper - 7
Edwards - 8
Wilson - 7
Scarr - 8
Gillesphey - 7
Mumba - 9
Randell - 8
Houghton - 8
Azaz - 7
Mayor - 7
Hardie - 7

Whittaker - 7
Butcher - 7
Ennis - 6
Lonwijk - 6

I Was There

♣️ North Devon Greens
Feb 2, 2022
One of the best all round team performance l have seen at Home Park, not one player could be faulted for all round effort and dedication to the cause.

Peterborough’s plan”A” didn’t work in the first half, their plan”B” at the start of the second half of blitzing us for 10 minutes with four fresh players didn’t work either, and unfortunately for them once they ran out of steam they didn’t have a plan”C” to fall back on.

Reactions: elburtontrev

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Fabulous performance in any conditions, even more so in the heat. Mumba was just my man of the match although nothing much between him and Joe Edwards who was amazing. Michael Cooper deserves a mention too, he is a top quality keeper. Hardie gave his all and got the important 2nd goal from the penalty. Everyone gave 100%. Really enjoyed it!

Reactions: Fergy and saxman

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I have this vision of a certain pessimistic poster leading the singing on his charabanc back to Cornwall and almost believing we will make mid table now.
It's surprising what a performance like that does to you or maybe it's just old age catching up with me?

Like what you did there… 👍😉

• Haha
Reactions: greenpig27

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cooper - 7
Wilson - 7
Scarr - 7
Gillesphey - 8
Edwards - 8
Houghton - 7
Randell - 8
Mumba - 8
Azaz - 8
Hardie - 7
Mayor - 7

Whittaker - 6
Butcher - 6
Ennis - 6
Lonwijk - 6

May 16, 2015
That was a TOP performance against a side who boast one of the better squads in league 1. From the start we dominated and should have gone in at least two nil up at half time. Everyone put in a fantastic shift but I thought Mumba and Edwards were outstanding. Great atmosphere as well 😁