Brief Synopsis (Peterborough league game) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Peterborough league game)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Last year we were one dimensional and the rigid system either worked or it didn’t depending on the opposition. Today we saw that there are now 2 different formations, the new one up front and the two of the past few seasons. We used both today, changing to negate Peterborough’s change of formation at half time. That flexibility is what we’ve been lacking.

Mar 23, 2008
Fantastic performance, some great football very fluid and real hunger and desire. COYG 💚

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
We are very lucky to have the 3 very good players competing for 2 / 1 place, depending on formation. Should make sure all of them are being pushed to try to keep a starting berth and when Cam returns to fitness may see even more competition for a place.

Really played well today but didn't understand the posh tactics, on Wednesday they played out from the back most of the time, today they were almost exclusively kicking it long, a strange change that may be driven by having target men up front.

Aug 16, 2021
So many plus points today. Think top of the list was the press and energy when we lost the ball.
Memorable moments - the Mumba flick, his pace for the pen and Edwards ‘the nutmeg’ king. Also Scarr in the air, not giving their forwards anything to work on.
That Spanish training stood them in good stead today. Impressive!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I still think that could happen.
What, that he plays for Peterborough (as my post suggests) or that he joins Argyle to bolster the squad?
(I agree about the latter - he’d be a safe bet for a useful extra body to have in the squad in case of injuries and suspensions)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah I think Argyle are playing the perfect game, and we'll pounce at the end.

Saying that, I loved Broomy playing for us and it could be just wishful thinking.

Reactions: leeroy221
Aug 8, 2014
Absolutely stunning performance in the heat of home park.
We bossed the game could have scored 6, flexed our muscles with system changes and overall WE made peterboro look woeful.
Think we need 2 or 3 players to manage the long term injuries but very promising signs

Reactions: Pezbuck
Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Didn't we go to a back four in the second half to nullify their left winger who was starting to find space (when Van Dijk came on for us)? Very flexible tactics by Schuey! Where's MGM when you need him?

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah I think Argyle are playing the perfect game, and we'll pounce at the end.

Saying that, I loved Broomy playing for us and it could be just wishful thinking.
Would love to see Broomy back, with our new formation and him further up the pitch I think he could do well.

Thought after the game, even if things get sorted would Camara get in? Not on that form he wouldn't.

Reactions: leeroy221