Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton)

B

Bonehead

djg145":1aomzw9i said:
I have to ask what does Paul Wotton (Argyle Legend) bring to the party, as Defensive Coach?

Two good goals from Freddie, should have had a hat-trick.

But our defense offered them 3 opportunities and they took them.

Desperate for something on Tuesday, even a point, to stop the rot.

Wotton has green blood so leave him alone.

Give Adams another 20 games to turn it around .

Sticking £100 on Argyle to go up via the playoffs, 1000-1 with Sky, look what we did last year, Adams will turn it around, Brent said so.

Blah blah blah

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
i like Macey but the second goal was down to him. A bloke to my right called it 'where's Macey off' and 2 seconds later it's in the net.

As I say, I'm a real fan, he's a great shop stopper but last Saturday his positioning was terrible, this week he was far better but still at fault for that one.

B

Bonehead

Looking forward to Salford though, Manchester is a great night out.

Oct 31, 2015
From today it sounds like previous matches.

Defence is a shambles across the entire back 5. Today even Grant struggled.

Masey will end up in lg 2 before long. The simple saves got patted back out into the penalty area, his distribution is woeful and for someone so big he cannot command his 6 yard box. There waa a sarcastic cheer when he actually caught a cross.

Edwards is not a lg1 player and never has been even before his illness. Wont say much because someone will have a go at me.

ABS is not a left back and always gets passed and bought nothing to the Game today. We are stuck with him.because of Sawyers injury but this lad is not ready for 1st team football.

Grant waa not at his best today perhaps because of the comical defending around him. His the best of the 4 x CBs but not Sonny!!!

Moore is an enigma. He made some very good tsckles but slso lets players go by him. No attacking threat today.

Fox played ok in the most. He gets us moving up the field and nearly always finds a green shirt but he is definitely not the Fox of last season.

Sarcevic does not deserve to be in this team. He gives it everything and makes such a difference when he plays. The way he throws himself around he will get more injuries. He would have been my mom if Freddie had not scored 2..
O Keefe had a good first half breaking up play but couldnt replicate that in the second. Never a premiership player and I would prefer a fit Ness.

Ruben had a strong first half and Burton couldnt get hold of him but atruggled after half time. Not sure why.

Carey is trying but nowhere near where he was in the past. Again not sure why?

Freddie took both goals really well then slots the one on one wide. He gave everything and should and could have had a three.

Wylde. WTF!!!! He was not interested, didnt want the ball and could not be bothered. Never should have signed him again AND on a 2 year contract. DAs fault.

Ness didnt do anything wrong but didnt change the game.

DA. What the hell does he say at half time in matches and his subs slways make us worse. Please get rid if him.

3 crosses 3 goals. There is no excuse for that and another game where we concede 3 or more at home.

Burton only had one away point before today. That should send alarm bells ringing to the green tints but it wont

Aug 2, 2011
Woeful. Central defense is hopeless. We make no movement off the ball. Burton looked sharp and the front runners made space and created confusion against our tired and hopeless defence. They looked like they cared. We looked like a hastily assembled group of players who could neither care or be bothered to make any effort. We deserved to lose and I can see no prospect of staying in the 3rd tier of the EFL. We are a 4th side and deserve to be.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":27iqhhzj said:
It was a game of two poor defences and unfortunately our defence was worse than Burton's.
All three of Burton's goals came from a set-piece floated into the box and we have don't a centre-back to attack the ball and our 6-foot 7-inch tall keeper refuses to leave his six yard box.

Before today Burton had the worst away record in League One with just 1 point from their travels.
Overall, our performance was a lot better than against Oxford and going forward we caused problems and credit to Ladapo for leading the line well and scoring two excellent goals, as ever with Ladapo he's guilty of missing chances and sure enough he missed two in this game but he did clear a goal bound shot off the line.

Another first year ref was sent to a baking hot Home Park on a training course and he was poor for the first half but credit to him for having a better second half. The first two Burton goals came from dubious free-kick decisions.

Surprisingly Edwards and O'Keefe were selected for this game despite both having shockers against Oxford, O'Keefe had a good first half and then faded in the second half while Edwards had another poor game.

As expected from a Nigel Cough team Burton were neat and tidy and moved the ball well, their captain was built like a centre half but played as a right winger!
Burton dominated the early stages of the game with Macey and Edwards looking very unsure and hesitant.

Against the run of play we took the lead when Ladapo went on a solo run, everyone expected him to cross the ball but he side footed a curling shot into the far corner. 1-0, we were winning!!!

The confidence visibly lifted in the team but we couldn't hold the lead. A suspect decision for a foul went against us, the free-kick was hoisted into the huge big lump called Ben Turner, he headed across goal and there was McFadzean to head home from close range.
Why didn't Macey collect the cross that was just 8 yards out?

The mood in the three quarter stadium changed to toxic which meant the players were afraid of making mistakes.

Once we settled down we took the game to Burton, who themselves were jittery in defence and sure enough made a mistake.
Lameiras forced a Burton defender to turn back and his back pass fell short, Ladapo was onto it in a flash and rounded the advancing keeper to slot home. 2-1, we're actually winning again!

Could we make it to half time?

The ref awarded another suspect free-kick to Burton, this time in a central area 5 yards outside the penalty area. Macey made a great save and thankfully pushed the ball away for a corner instead of pushing it back into the danger area, which his usual trait.
The corner came in and we allowed another free header and Akins scored. 2-2.

Despite that set back the team were applauded off the pitch at half time.

We started the second half on the front foot and enjoyed a lot of possession.

We had a stroke of luck when Turner, Burton's main threat from set-pieces went off injured, and it appeared there was no centre-back on the bench because the right winger and big unit surprisingly went to right back and the diminutive right back went to centre back.
Surely we can score against a make shift Burton defence?

Soon after Lameiras was replaced by Wylde and the decision was jeered by some fans but I can see why Adams made that decision because Lameiras wasn't playing well and was regularly losing possession and the pace of Wylde against the replacement right back might cause problems.
The problem was Wylde had a nightmare and it was the right back who came out on top.

Ladapo had two cracking chances to seal a hat trick, for his first chance he was clear on goal and shot agonisingly wide and his second shot soon after took a deflection.

To compound Wylde's awful performance he gave away a silly free kick and there was the unmarked McFadzean to head in his second goal and the winner. It really was just poor defending.

Fans started heading for the exits, it was another defeat and I felt sorry for the forward players because they put in a shift but were let down by the defence and the keeper.

The nervous play from Edwards is affecting his fellow defenders, he really should not have been selected for this game following his nightmare at Oxford.

Macey is becoming a liability, yes he makes good saves but those are usually pushed back into the danger area, his kicking is poor and he just doesn't command his six yard box let alone command his area.

The two full backs are just not experienced enough, Ashley Smith-Brown is slow to recover and get back into position, maybe he's eaten too many Hash Brown's.

Peter Grant was not at his best which is not surprising considering the defenders around him.

Sarcevic had a storming second half, he was everywhere and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.
Lameiras tries to be creative but he's not strong enough and is easily dispossessed.

Carey tried and tried, you can't fault his effort and doesn't hide.

O'Keefe had a good first half and then disappeared.

Ladapo took his goals really well, he fashioned them out of nothing but when presented with what looks like easier chances he fluffs his lines. That said, he was our best player.

O'Keefe, Macey and Edwards really shouldn't play against Gillingham but I suspect the potential financial penalties keeps the Arsenal keeper in the team.

Luckily we are not yet cast adrift in League One.

Man of the match - Ladapo.

Macey 4, Moore 4, Edwards 3, P Grant 5, Smith-Brown 4, Fox 5, Sarcevic 7, O'Keefe 4, Carey 6, Lameiras 5, Ladapo 7.
Subs - Wylde 4, Ness 5, Jephcott n/a.

So no chance of 7 points from this and next 2 games. Last week we hoped that Oxford was a watershed....clearly not.

Options to save our season seem to be reducing. :(

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":o3tqj0ai said:
Dan Ellard":o3tqj0ai said:
No chance. Luke would have got no closer to any of those than Macey would.

A centre-half who could win a first ball in our own penalty area would be a good start.

For Burton's second goal the ball was headed in from 7 yards out slightly to the right of goal. Macey wasn't blocked off or impeded and really should have collected what was a looping cross from the corner.
There were a load of bodies in the way between him and the scorer - he wouldn't have got to it.

Dec 3, 2005
plymouth1970":xysr58et said:
djg145":xysr58et said:
I have to ask what does Paul Wotton (Argyle Legend) bring to the party, as Defensive Coach?

Two good goals from Freddie, should have had a hat-trick.

But our defense offered them 3 opportunities and they took them.

Desperate for something on Tuesday, even a point, to stop the rot.

Wotton has green blood so leave him alone.

Give Adams another 20 games to turn it around .

Sticking £100 on Argyle to go up via the playoffs, 1000-1 with Sky, look what we did last year, Adams will turn it around, Brent said so.

Blah blah blah
LOL

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Should also be said that despite the two well taken goals, Ladapo could have won that game for us. Not just the one on one miss, but another occasion soon after where he failed to control a ball which would also have left him clear on goal.

Best and worst today.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It would be wrong to say that Argyle lacked effort today but I felt on average that Burton's players were a skill level higher than Argyle's. I do not know names, but their recent membership of the Championship League, I think showed. They demonstrated an ability to utilise space in midfield better than Argyle, who seemed to crowd too quickly.
Others before me highlighted their ability to score from set pieces but this probably also reflects badly on Argyle's defensive skills. Wylde should be fined for giving away the free kick which led to Burton's winning goal.
I really felt sorry for Fox in being penalised in apparently conceding a free kick leading to Burton's second. I was in line with the tackle and thought it a fair one, as he did not go to ground. I hope Fox did not receive a yellow card.
I really do not know how Argyle can repeat their Houdini Act from last season at this rate. It is all a grim picture as I do not think Argyle are in a position to push the boat out with expensive acquisitions at the next transfer window come January.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wylde, Edwards, Wooton, Canavan, O’Keefe, C Grant, and Dyson..

How are these taking a wage as footballers and what a calamitous decision to sign them all for 1 team.

Lumbered with them all out of sheer incompetence in our tranfer dealing and that alone should put pressure on Adams to pack his bags and head up the M5

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Tugboat":35j6hxqs said:
Wylde, Edwards, Wooton, Canavan, O’Keefe, C Grant, and Dyson..

How are these taking a wage as footballers and what a calamitous decision to sign them all for 1 team.

Lumbered with them all out of sheer incompetence in our tranfer dealing and that alone should put pressure on Adams to pack his bags and head up the M5

Wylde - don't see the point
Edwards - returned too early IMO
Wootton - hard to judge but not good enough so far
Canavan - one awful mistake apart, the little I've seen was ok
O'Keefe - before today I would have agreed. Good today - especially first half
C. Grant - young, capable and unfair to judge too soon
Dyson - who knows? Do you?

Feb 28, 2009
Torquay
Aside from sitting in the sun, there was very little else to enjoy from this afternoon.

Defensively, we look like we'll concede every time a team attacks us.
Macey is a good shot stopper but weak in so many other ways, particularly his kicking of a moving ball.
Carey was missing in action but so were many others.
I lost count of the number of times our defenders just aimlessly booted the ball away and immediately gave possesion back to an average Burton team.
Ladapo scored two but I still don't think he played that well and blew a couple of other excellent chances.

The Herald announce that DA won't quit like it's revelationary news. Of course he won't, what manager ever does? You wait to get sacked and then get your contract paid off and walk away with a few quid. We're stuck with him unless the board grow a pair.

I won't be there Tuesday night but am already fearing the visit of Sunderland.

Jul 17, 2011
To be fair.... Freddie scores that one on one rather than put it wide. I feel a bit for Adams, because nothing is working for him at the moment. Burton weren’t better than us, they actually gifted us a goal and nearly gifted us a second. I thought it was a touch of class at the end that they applauded our fans.

I don’t think the amount of boos at the end towards Adams was fair..... yeah you can boo him but you have to accept he’s the manager and that he’s trying as much as the players. I’m very much on the fence with Adams but it’s not his fault Wylde was hopeless, if he brought grant on and he was rubbish we’d all be saying where is Wylde. Also, he was bringing on the lad jephcott when we drawing.... bringing on youth to make a difference, he listened to us.