Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton)

Sep 28, 2003
London
I suppose my response to that is that, in my opinion (and obviously that's all it is), putting in "a proper shift" shouldn't necessarily leave a professional athlete knackered after an hour. I don't remember thinking the same about Friio, or Norris.

Granted he's been out injured so I don't mean yesterday - I was thinking this last season too.

Other opinions are just as valid though, we all see it differently.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Deacster":31pz5z0t said:
Sarcevic is a very good player when fit and has a great engine, if he does look tired it's due to putting in a proper shift and wish more did!

Unfortunately we seldom see him fit, and after injury it takes 6 weeks for him to get back up to speed.

Mar 23, 2008
Emu":2hhvsw04 said:
Deacster":2hhvsw04 said:
Sarcevic is a very good player when fit and has a great engine, if he does look tired it's due to putting in a proper shift and wish more did!

Unfortunately we seldom see him fit, and after injury it takes 6 weeks for him to get back up to speed.
Unfortunately the same came be said of Ness who was immense last season once fit but looks like he will be in and out of the side the same as Sarce due to injuries.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Have to say I don't really understand the fan club Smith-Brown has. He does little going forward, and he's constantly exposed defensively. I prefer Sawyer.

Oct 31, 2015
Cobi Budge":1a6bbkoj said:
Have to say I don't really understand the fan club Smith-Brown has. He does little going forward, and he's constantly exposed defensively. I prefer Sawyer.

At last someone else has seen the same as me.

I have been saying this since his debut. Gutted the skipper is out

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
rsp4":38p6gj5z said:
Cobi Budge":38p6gj5z said:

And a third here. We look like we have a much better shape with Sawyer and he also is better transitioning the ball forward in my book. We’ve really missed him and i was totally confused as to why he didn’t start at the beginning of the season when he gave at least 7/10 performances pretty much every game last season. He was our most reliable performer.

Mar 5, 2012
r4h4al":nr80odvl said:
Agree, shocking defending from corners which gift wrapped them the win. Good couple of goals from Freddie, especially the first.

Edwards looks all at sea, and the more it goes on the more it looks an awful decision to let McCormick go. Even though he made a couple of good saves he just doesn't command his area or is as vocal as Luke.

O'Keefe was shocking might be the worst performance I've ever seen. Offers absolutely nothing. Carey still not "at it". Sarce was knackered in the 2nd half should have come off. Only Freddie Grant and Macey come out with any credit.

Lost hope we can stay up now, after that result combined with last week's result. Feels like a writ off season although I hope I'm wrong!

Macey 9
Moore 5
Edwards 0
Grant 10
SB 0
O'Keefe 0
Fox 8
Sarce 4
Reuben 2
Carey 5
Freddie 9

Ness 0
Wylde 3
Jephcott N/a

I don't think I've read an appraisal that is more scattergun than that ever, how players can vary so wildly from 0 to 10 is an absolute mystery. How players in that game can rate a 9 or 10 is an even bigger mystery. Me suspects you were just seeking dramatic point scoring to emphasise whatever point you were attempting to get across in that post!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":1vk20iic said:
Cobi Budge":1vk20iic said:

Agree with both of you. Sawyer is our number 1 LB in my opinion. A S-B doesn’t offer much going forward and backs off too much for my liking, like he’s afraid to make a tackle.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Emu":1dkos3h5 said:
Deacster":1dkos3h5 said:

Yes... although I was very pleasantly surprised how fit Sarcevic seemed on Saturday, especially given how desperately unfit he looked in the Checkatrade trophy game just a week and a half earlier.

Aug 5, 2016
arrythewurzel":2x8h8iy6 said:
The Doctor":2x8h8iy6 said:
I overheard someone saying that Luton offered Bradley three times what we offered him.

Not true I have it on good authority from friends he’s still in touch with that he wanted a rise and Argyle wouldn’t go the extra couple hundred a week he was asking for - blames stubbornness but not sure who.

It's in Bradley's interests to not be seen as a Judas who sold out in the eyes of Argyle supporters, particularly his friends.

The fact is Bradley was using the media to lay the foundations of his exit last season. He said the onus was on the club to keep the special group of players together, most likely knowing full well what Luton were offering was vastly more than what Adams would stretch to.

if Bradley was settled, loved Plymouth, loved his teammates, loved the supporters, loved his football, would he really upend to Luton, one of the ugliest towns in the UK to start fresh on a measly pay rise? I don't think so.

Argyle's offer might have been unreasonable though, but Luton are almost certainly pay him a lot more than we were.