Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton)

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Tugboat":26j6d57l said:
This poor run has damaged us too much I feel. The relationship between manager, players and supporters is pretty much all but broken whatever happens for the rest of the season.

It’s gettinh ugly and something needs to change. You can’t change a squad of players and you can’t change thousands of supporters so there’s only one other viable option.

One feels for Simon Hallett.
His first job will be to stump up a huge wad of cash to undo the nonsensical 5 year contract

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
djg145":wr40d43i said:
When Fox was subed, there seem to be confusion over who would take the Captains armband, I know Sarcevic had it waving in his hand, trying to find out who wanted it.

Spotted that, sadly proves what many have been saying about there being no leaders in this team.

There wasn't a single player that went through Sarcy's mind who could take the armband such is the lack of communication and drive of this team.

Personally I think Sarcevic deserved to hold onto the armband; despite just coming back from injury he ran himself into the ground for the team, he looked physically exhausted and really should've been subbed. Despite the rubbish around him he was superb, led by example and left everything on that field. One of the very few consistent stand out performers this season, if we are to have any chance of staying up we need him to stay fit. He does so much of the dirty stuff and has a knack for turning it into something positive afterwards.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":2xwlf3t0 said:
djg145":2xwlf3t0 said:
When Fox was subed, there seem to be confusion over who would take the Captains armband, I know Sarcevic had it waving in his hand, trying to find out who wanted it.

Spotted that, sadly proves what many have been saying about there being no leaders in this team.

There wasn't a single player that went through Sarcy's mind who could take the armband such is the lack of communication and drive of this team.

Personally I think Sarcevic deserved to hold onto the armband; despite just coming back from injury he ran himself into the ground for the team, he looked physically exhausted and really should've been subbed. Despite the rubbish around him he was superb, led by example and left everything on that field. One of the very few consistent stand out performers this season, if we are to have any chance of staying up we need him to stay fit. He does so much of the dirty stuff and has a knack for turning it into something positive afterwards.

This, he gets us up the park, he runs past, at and through the opposition, a fit , firing Antoni is essential. Now that Foxy is in his twilight years I would say our most important player.

Oct 31, 2015
justanotherfan":2lnl0lef said:
Ollieargyle9":2lnl0lef said:
djg145":2lnl0lef said:

This, he gets us up the park, he runs past, at and through the opposition, a fit , firing Antoni is essential. Now that Foxy is in his twilight years I would say our most important player.

This for me also but by the way he plays he wont stay injury free. He stretches for everything.

Its no coincidence we play further up the park when he is playing.

Perhaps he can give a few of the other players a lesson in leaving everything on the pitch. He did get a nice reception from the Demport when he walked off at the end.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Sadly it comes down to recruitment; last year we were incredibly lucky to have Sarcevic and Ness fit for as long as they were as both of them are prone to injury.

They and Fox were our best midfield partnership, that much was obvious. In the summer we should have been looking for a young Fox to learn from the old master along with like for like replacements for Sarce and Ness. For whatever reason that never materialised and we ended up with C Grant who leaves nothing on the field let alone everything, O'Keefe who after however many games I'm still unsure what he does actually do and Songo'o who as much as I like his effort and defensive ability is very limited and should really be used to see out small winning margins or lead a defensive game-plan against a top ranked attacking side not as a regular starting option.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Macey - 4. I have stuck up for him when others slated him but he was poor yesterday. His kicking is terrible and he doesn't command his box enough.
Moore - 4. He's ok but he's certainly no Oscar. Part of a hopeless back 4.
Edwards 3. I think he's either been rushed back too soon or he's lost his touch since his battle with cancer. He's been awful this season.
Grant 5. Does the basics well but not much else.
Smith-brown 4. Just not very good unfortunately.
Fox - 6. Played some good balls but his legs have gone. Shame because he's still the best passer we have at the club.
Sarcevic 6. Ok performance returning from injury.
O'Keefe 6. Actually think he played ok yesterday. Good energy and he's comfortable with the ball, there's a player in there. Just a shame he's in such a poor team.
Lamieras 6. No idea why he was taking off.
Carey 5. He's trying. Almost too hard. Still a very good player but things aren't going his way at the moment.
Ladapo 7. Slated him last week but fairplay this week. Just a shame he couldn't bag his hattrick. Lots of energy and drive. Same again Tuesday please.

Subs:
Wylde - 2. Offered absolutely nothing.
Ness - 4. Meh.
Jephcott N/A. Poor lad ready to come on and they score. Nice way to make his debut.

Overall we just lack quality throughout the team. The defence is hopeless. 5 free headers Burton had yesterday. 3 went in and 2 were cleared off the line. It's shocking. There isn't a leader in that team unlike last season. Which was.. Bradley. Look at when Fox went off, they spent a good minute deciding on who was going to put the poxy armband on!

It all comes down to Derek and his recruitment. They are all poor. The club is rotten at the moment.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Ollieargyle9":9e9dk19j said:
djg145":9e9dk19j said:

Sarkevic often looks knackered to be fair, he's been overweight the whole time he's been at Argyle. He'd look chunky if he was some guy in a pub, for a professional footballer it's shocking.

Oct 14, 2015
I know there was booing when Lamieras went off but in my opinion he wasn’t playing well. Loses every challenge he’s goes into, far to lightweight and often loses possession. Good player on his day but feel there’s a frosty atmosphere between him and Adams. When subbed yesterday I noticed most of the bench high fives Lamieras but didn’t see our manager do it..

Yesterday was one of his poor performances and I’m normally a fan of his..

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Andy Holland":o6f9fvf3 said:
Ollieargyle9":o6f9fvf3 said:
djg145":o6f9fvf3 said:

Sarkevic often looks knackered to be fair, he's been overweight the whole time he's been at Argyle. He'd look chunky if he was some guy in a pub, for a professional footballer it's shocking.

He's not overweight, never has been. Some people are naturally thicker-set. Arguably the fittest player in the squad (when he's not injured), covers more ground than anyone.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Andy Holland":3ldctapc said:
Ollieargyle9":3ldctapc said:
djg145":3ldctapc said:

I'd completely disagree with that. He's got a big build but doesn't make him overweight and knackered. Have you ever seen Akinfenwa?

He was one of the ones who gave everything yesterday and he's got an amazing work rate. He's not the fastest but has pace, he's strong and always giving his all.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Well we're allowed to disagree. I've often seen a player blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes, if you see something different then fair play to you.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Andy Holland":1r2giecg said:
Well we're allowed to disagree. I've often seen a player blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes, if you see something different then fair play to you.

Ahh the joys of a proper debate.

Mar 23, 2008
Sarcevic is a very good player when fit and has a great engine, if he does look tired it's due to putting in a proper shift and wish more did!