Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton)

Aug 11, 2013
Enjoyed the game despite another defeat. Fine margins again. Freddy puts that chance away second half and Adams has turned it around. The defence is a shambles. Grant the exception. Time for Michael Cooper - his kicking canā€™t be as bad as Maceys. I donā€™t rate Moore or
ASB. Edwards has lost his mojo. I was wrong about Wylde - awful. Reuben was an injury sub I think. I honestly canā€™t see this being sorted till Jan. Worrying times.

Sep 28, 2003
London
The Doctor":19mdr9r6 said:
I overheard someone saying that Luton offered Bradley three times what we offered him.

You can admit that doesn't mean it's true, though?

I find it highly unlikely that some nobody in the crowd would have that kind of information.

Mar 14, 2009
First off the positive. Whilst Ladapo missed a great chance to make it 3-2 to us he did score two well taken goals. His own work. He had little or no great service. So well done to him for keeping us in a game we were always destined to lose.

When l saw the first 10 mins l saw Sarcevic play a CAM role. I thought this might be good because it will stop teams playing around at the back. We might press higher. However, instead of pressing with Carey and a Lameiras either side of him they just got deeper and deeper as the game went on.

Really there is little to say. Burton were intent on keeping in the match by trying to play football that when their passing went astray gave us opportunities.

Argyle were a shambles every time the ball went into the box in the air. Organisation. Whatā€™s that? Simply non existent. The crosses that came in were ok, but it not like they were whipped in or flashing across our box. Maybe the 3rd goal was like that. Yet the other two goals the ball seemed in the air for some time and yet nothing in a green shirt reacted to this.

Macey was struggling to see with the sun in his eyes. Got knows why nobody got a cap/hat for them to shield his eyes. Itā€™s even this little lack of professionalism to see that things are not good.

Today was the first time l sat amongst people and started to feel a slight toxic atmosphere around me. Itā€™s going to get worse. People may believe in Adams to turn it around. They might be blinded by faith in him but if you are actually honest on what your watching then l find it very difficult how you can defend him.

Burton were ok. Itā€™s just that we are such a shambles we make most sides look really good at the moment.

Aug 11, 2013
The Doctor":3bmcc9cm said:
I overheard someone saying that Luton offered Bradley three times what we offered him.

Not true I have it on good authority from friends heā€™s still in touch with that he wanted a rise and Argyle wouldnā€™t go the extra couple hundred a week he was asking for - blames stubbornness but not sure who.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Andy Holland":3mhzozp4 said:
The Doctor":3mhzozp4 said:

You can admit that doesn't mean it's true, though?

I find it highly unlikely that some nobody in the crowd would have that kind of information.

Of course. It was just meant as an example of how we donā€™t really know anything much about the ins and outs of player movements.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":38kmsyiu said:
Their Centre Back, McFazdean, was immense. Scored two headers, organised them and ran the show. A real leader. We had no one even close to him
In ability or defensive qualities
Reminds me of a CB we had last season.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
For me, today was the tipping point, there's nothing in this team nor the manager that suggests we can turn things around.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Going to put about as much effort into my synopsis as Gregg Wylde put into his performance today.

Macey 5 - awful kicking yes but quite what he's meant to do about any of the goals I don't know... maybe if our defence could win a header it might help.

Moore 4 - isn't good enough.
Edwards 3 - isn't good enough any more.
P.Grant 4 - shocking distribution.
ASB 4 - isn't good enough.

Fox 6
Sarcevic 8
O'Keefe 7 - fantastic first half but faded.

Lameiras 7
Carey 6
Ladapo 6 - great first goal, but missed another absolute sitter and he spends 95 percent of his time on the pitch doing a very good impression of Nick Chadwick. So frustrating.

Subs:
Ness 5
Jephcott 5
Wylde 1 - gave away the free kick leading to the goal for a needless shirt pull. Did almost nothing good in attack. Played like he did not give a poo. Please leave.

Adams - tried defending you for too long. You've lost it mate. To recruit that badly this summer, to continually play the wrong team, the wrong tactics, and not learn whenever you make mistakes, it's taking the biscuit now. Time to go.

Thank you for getting us out of League 2 Derek. Brent / Hallett, please act before he takes us back down there again.

Adams out.

Nov 4, 2012
Going forward we looked ok. Defensive shambles though. Edwards not good enough, Moore not good enough. ASB one for the future but not what we need right now. Grant ok. Needs a better central defensive partner. Macey poor. We also could do with a Diarouagua type holding mid. Basically we're f#cked.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
It was a game of two poor defences and unfortunately our defence was worse than Burton's.
All three of Burton's goals came from a set-piece floated into the box and we have don't a centre-back to attack the ball and our 6-foot 7-inch tall keeper refuses to leave his six yard box.

Before today Burton had the worst away record in League One with just 1 point from their travels.
Overall, our performance was a lot better than against Oxford and going forward we caused problems and credit to Ladapo for leading the line well and scoring two excellent goals, as ever with Ladapo he's guilty of missing chances and sure enough he missed two in this game but he did clear a goal bound shot off the line.

Another first year ref was sent to a baking hot Home Park on a training course and he was poor for the first half but credit to him for having a better second half. The first two Burton goals came from dubious free-kick decisions.

Surprisingly Edwards and O'Keefe were selected for this game despite both having shockers against Oxford, O'Keefe had a good first half and then faded in the second half while Edwards had another poor game.

As expected from a Nigel Cough team Burton were neat and tidy and moved the ball well, their captain was built like a centre half but played as a right winger!
Burton dominated the early stages of the game with Macey and Edwards looking very unsure and hesitant.

Against the run of play we took the lead when Ladapo went on a solo run, everyone expected him to cross the ball but he side footed a curling shot into the far corner. 1-0, we were winning!!!

The confidence visibly lifted in the team but we couldn't hold the lead. A suspect decision for a foul went against us, the free-kick was hoisted into the huge big lump called Ben Turner, he headed across goal and there was McFadzean to head home from close range.
Why didn't Macey collect the cross that was just 8 yards out?

The mood in the three quarter stadium changed to toxic which meant the players were afraid of making mistakes.

Once we settled down we took the game to Burton, who themselves were jittery in defence and sure enough made a mistake.
Lameiras forced a Burton defender to turn back and his back pass fell short, Ladapo was onto it in a flash and rounded the advancing keeper to slot home. 2-1, we're actually winning again!

Could we make it to half time?

The ref awarded another suspect free-kick to Burton, this time in a central area 5 yards outside the penalty area. Macey made a great save and thankfully pushed the ball away for a corner instead of pushing it back into the danger area, which his usual trait.
The corner came in and we allowed another free header and Akins scored. 2-2.

Despite that set back the team were applauded off the pitch at half time.

We started the second half on the front foot and enjoyed a lot of possession.

We had a stroke of luck when Turner, Burton's main threat from set-pieces went off injured, and it appeared there was no centre-back on the bench because the right winger and big unit surprisingly went to right back and the diminutive right back went to centre back.
Surely we can score against a make shift Burton defence?

Soon after Lameiras was replaced by Wylde and the decision was jeered by some fans but I can see why Adams made that decision because Lameiras wasn't playing well and was regularly losing possession and the pace of Wylde against the replacement right back might cause problems.
The problem was Wylde had a nightmare and it was the right back who came out on top.

Ladapo had two cracking chances to seal a hat trick, for his first chance he was clear on goal and shot agonisingly wide and his second shot soon after took a deflection.

To compound Wylde's awful performance he gave away a silly free kick and there was the unmarked McFadzean to head in his second goal and the winner. It really was just poor defending.

Fans started heading for the exits, it was another defeat and I felt sorry for the forward players because they put in a shift but were let down by the defence and the keeper.

The nervous play from Edwards is affecting his fellow defenders, he really should not have been selected for this game following his nightmare at Oxford.

Macey is becoming a liability, yes he makes good saves but those are usually pushed back into the danger area, his kicking is poor and he just doesn't command his six yard box let alone command his area.

The two full backs are just not experienced enough, Ashley Smith-Brown is slow to recover and get back into position, maybe he's eaten too many Hash Brown's.

Peter Grant was not at his best which is not surprising considering the defenders around him.

Sarcevic had a storming second half, he was everywhere and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.
Lameiras tries to be creative but he's not strong enough and is easily dispossessed.

Carey tried and tried, you can't fault his effort and doesn't hide.

O'Keefe had a good first half and then disappeared.

Ladapo took his goals really well, he fashioned them out of nothing but when presented with what looks like easier chances he fluffs his lines. That said, he was our best player.

O'Keefe, Macey and Edwards really shouldn't play against Gillingham but I suspect the potential financial penalties keeps the Arsenal keeper in the team.

Luckily we are not yet cast adrift in League One.

Man of the match - Ladapo.

Macey 4, Moore 4, Edwards 3, P Grant 5, Smith-Brown 4, Fox 5, Sarcevic 7, O'Keefe 4, Carey 6, Lameiras 5, Ladapo 7.
Subs - Wylde 4, Ness 5, Jephcott n/a.

Aug 11, 2013
Cobi Budge":v9eyjbym said:
For me, today was the tipping point, there's nothing in this team nor the manager that suggests we can turn things around.

Agreed. Ditto Moore Who is bang average and just passes inside all the time. Any of the youth any better.

Thereā€™s one last hope for our defensive frailties- Canavan and Grant. If that doesnā€™t work then we are doomed.