Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton)

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I didn't think there was much between the two sides. Except we couldn't defend the set pieces or crosses into the box and I'm bound to say Macey really isn't good enough to play league football. He's like a youth player who has some of the attributes of a decent player but too many weaknesses. He doesn't come off his line, parries shots back towards attackers, kicking erratic - in my opinion he's a real liability who undermines the defence as a whole, which isn't great in any case.

O'Keefe I don't think he made one tackle or telling pass that I noticed in the second half, fans behind me were moaning about Sarcevic- at least he tried to get involved. Crazy bringing on Wylde, he's non-league standard at best.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i thought i noticed a bit of bickering between macey and some of the outfield players in the second half when h ewasn't sure what side to kick it to.and i am baffled that he was not ordered by the coaching staff to wear a cap to give him shade.this lad is non league standard in my view.

Mar 21, 2006
Tugboat":3awdr37r said:
Wylde, Edwards, Wooton, Canavan, O’Keefe, C Grant, and Dyson..

How are these taking a wage as footballers and what a calamitous decision to sign them all for 1 team.

Lumbered with them all out of sheer incompetence in our tranfer dealing and that alone should put pressure on Adams to pack his bags and head up the M5

And what’s really annoying is that if we didn’t sign a couple of these payers we could have paid Bradley what he asked for and kept him!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tony_Flags":1k3rmnyo said:
Just numb to it tonight. From how quiet PASOTI is I don’t think I’m alone.

This.

Was angry at the team and at other posters on Saturdays up to now. Numb is exactly the right word at this point.

Last season’s nightmare start was surreal, to have it again is just... too unbelievable to even process.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
All season it's struck me as odd that at every defensive set-piece the only man who ever gets up and wins a header is Songo'o. Now I assumed it was because he just throws himself at anything he's bound to be the first man there. As it turns out though he's the only player we've got who knows how to defend a set-piece!

To concede 3 goals from set-pieces in one game is truly woeful, for them all to be free headers without players in sight tells you exactly why, utterly clueless.

Oh what I'd give to have Sonny back, if only we could have offered him more money but alas we couldn't afford him because we needed to snap up talents like Connor Grant, Stuart O'Keefe, Joe Riley and Scott Wootton. We also needed to add players like Nial Caravan and Callum Dyson to warm the bench for us and hey don't forget we had the likes of Lionel Ainsworth and Gregg Wylde still kept floating on the books offering us naff all value for money, obviously it's better to keep them around than loan them out or pay them off.

I do not buy this idea that Adams hasn't got any resources at his disposal, the guff he has brought in and wasted money on is genuinely beggars belief. I cannot get over how bad that 2nd half was and how inept our recruitment team has been this summer.

May 1, 2011
driscollberg":3kuf21lx said:
To be fair.... Freddie scores that one on one rather than put it wide. I feel a bit for Adams, because nothing is working for him at the moment. Burton weren’t better than us, they actually gifted us a goal and nearly gifted us a second. I thought it was a touch of class at the end that they applauded our fans.

I don’t think the amount of boos at the end towards Adams was fair..... yeah you can boo him but you have to accept he’s the manager and that he’s trying as much as the players. I’m very much on the fence with Adams but it’s not his fault Wylde was hopeless, if he brought grant on and he was rubbish we’d all be saying where is Wylde. Also, he was bringing on the lad jephcott when we drawing.... bringing on youth to make a difference, he listened to us.

No he gets the praise and cheers when it goes right so he has to accept criticism when it is going so badly wrong.

Gawd! This team are so poor at defending. :sad:
3 set piece headed goals conceded. Continuously allowing free headers and even when contested often losing out.
The 2 CBS seem ok dealing with long punts coming at em centrally but anything from out wide or from a FK they
went missing. Also, burton were playing through us far too easy, like other games i have witnessed this season.
The 2 young FBs need strength and experience alongside them, not surprisingly. The 2 CBS though are playing at times
like they need it too. So not a good mix at the moment. Young matt is also struggling with his kicking game in goal too.
This was game 14 today. won 1 drawn 4 and now lost 9. Goals for 11, and against, 25 goals conceded already.
Thats simply not good enough. DA has spent his budget badly. Especially on defenders. No doubt about it now.
2 players for every position he went for when what was really needed was 15 or so better quality players overall
supplemented by loanees and finally backed up by the development squad.
Not helped by recent injuries tbf but these are his signings and some are seemingly continually injured.
We shouldnt be signing so many injury prone players imho. Despite their qualities they are no good to us if they
never play.

Anyways, back to the game. A 4231 for DA today with only one player change from last weeks crap.
It surprised me as i was expecting lots of personnel changes or something a bit more radical from a tactical POV.
So still a flat back 4 and only 2 CMs this time to protect them.
Foxy and stu okeefe with no yanner. Oh no!. I thought. Were doomed!
The only personnel change was the welcome return from injury(yet again) of sarce(MOM). Him GC10 and rueben
interchanged in the middle 3 and all did well causing burtons defence problems all game. Unfortunately, BAFC were doing
far worse to our defence at the other end. Old big eads boy, nigel, he gets his teams to play a similar short passing
style to DA but they did it far better then us today. Albeit all of their goals coming from set pieces.
Big fred had a good game scoring a brilliant individual effort to put us one up. Argyle shambolic defending and its 1-1.
Big fred/electric pace around the keeper and its 2-1. Woohoo! Argyle shambolic defending round 2 and its 2-2.
Half time and time to ponder. Shambolic defending/argo/new art form?
Good half of football though. If your neutral of course. Which i aint so it had good and crap in equal measure.

Second half and argyle start strongly with a good tempo. Their CB then gets injured and goes off. This lengthy delay
seems to upset us and we lose our rhythm. We struggle from then on for any control of the game till the end.
One quick counter though and big fred turns on his afterburners speeding clear but misses. In hindsight a crucial miss.
First argyle hat trick at HP for many a year missed too methinks?
Burton were continually pressing for the winner. DA subbed greg wylde for rueben and nessie for foxy but with little
effect. We were continually conceding free kicks and from one of them their other CB glanced home the winner.
All on his own again. Shambolic defending round 3. Ding ding and so it ended 2-3 with poor old DA booed off again.
Maybe time for 3 CBS on tuesday? To Plug some of them holes in the centre as well as having an extra one in there
to have more chance of eading the effing thing out when its effing put in there. Simple janner logic or utter bollox?
Whatever. Fingers crossed again for tuesday and game 15.
5 year contract equals a long term manager.
Is DA good enough for the long term? I do like his football when it works and i think he is on the right track with the
youth/swpl/dev squad/central league in place now. However first team results are paramount and we cannot
afford to go down to tier 4/league div 4 again. PAFC need to be far far better than that.

Jul 17, 2011
Bristol Rich":1x2gs8iw said:
driscollberg":1x2gs8iw said:
To be fair.... Freddie scores that one on one rather than put it wide. I feel a bit for Adams, because nothing is working for him at the moment. Burton weren’t better than us, they actually gifted us a goal and nearly gifted us a second. I thought it was a touch of class at the end that they applauded our fans.

I don’t think the amount of boos at the end towards Adams was fair..... yeah you can boo him but you have to accept he’s the manager and that he’s trying as much as the players. I’m very much on the fence with Adams but it’s not his fault Wylde was hopeless, if he brought grant on and he was rubbish we’d all be saying where is Wylde. Also, he was bringing on the lad jephcott when we drawing.... bringing on youth to make a difference, he listened to us.

No he gets the praise and cheers when it goes right so he has to accept criticism when it is going so badly wrong.

When we win though he doesn’t shove it down our throats. I get what you’re saying, but the football wasn’t that bad today, I know it’s built up over time, but it’s not all his fault and yet the crowd applaud our keeper and defenders off.....

May 1, 2011
driscollberg":ocl9rzk8 said:
Bristol Rich":ocl9rzk8 said:
driscollberg":ocl9rzk8 said:

When we win though he doesn’t shove it down our throats. I get what you’re saying, but the football wasn’t that bad today, I know it’s built up over time, but it’s not all his fault and yet the crowd applaud our keeper and defenders off.....

Yet he gets his name chanted and takes the paludits, you can't have it both ways. 2nd half was very poor today and their winning goal was coming all half. We cannot hold a lead, we have no idea how to do it.

I don't get how anyone clapped that shower off today.

Dec 3, 2005
When Fox was subed, there seem to be confusion over who would take the Captains armband, I know Sarcevic had it waving in his hand, trying to find out who wanted it.

Aug 13, 2011
mde203":3aj2j1x9 said:
The foundation of the team just isn't there. If we can't defend (and we certainly can't), then we can't be as strong in attack as we should be. We need to build a defense and we need to do it quickly.

Agree especially since Adams uses defence as a springboard for attack with one up front. The equation fails when we can't defend, and we simply can't with the personnel on board, So he has a serious problem. He might aswell play 3 upfront and go for broke because this defence can't handle pressure. We all know he won't do that and the prognosis therefore is bleak until he can bolster the defence in January. This means no repeat of December 2017.. the period last season which got us up the league.. . It's looking ever more worrying for our hard earned Division 1 status I'm afraid.

Aug 13, 2011
Bristol Rich":32j93xka said:
driscollberg":32j93xka said:
Bristol Rich":32j93xka said:
driscollberg":32j93xka said:

Yet he gets his name chanted and takes the paludits, you can't have it both ways. 2nd half was very poor today and their winning goal was coming all half. We cannot hold a lead, we have no idea how to do it.

I don't get how anyone clapped that shower off today.

Yes the trouble is it's hardly worth celebrating an Argyle goal these days. No sooner they score they concede. 9 mins and 4 mins yesterday. A goal means so little with that defence always ready and willing to concede.

B

Bonehead

Fat_green_belly":2hzp59jh said:
Gawd! This team are so poor at defending. :sad:
3 set piece headed goals conceded. Continuously allowing free headers and even when contested often losing out.
The 2 CBS seem ok dealing with long punts coming at em centrally but anything from out wide or from a FK they
went missing. Also, burton were playing through us far too easy, like other games i have witnessed this season.
The 2 young FBs need strength and experience alongside them, not surprisingly. The 2 CBS though are playing at times
like they need it too. So not a good mix at the moment. Young matt is also struggling with his kicking game in goal too.
This was game 14 today. won 1 drawn 4 and now lost 9. Goals for 11, and against, 25 goals conceded already.
Thats simply not good enough. DA has spent his budget badly. Especially on defenders. No doubt about it now.
2 players for every position he went for when what was really needed was 15 or so better quality players overall
supplemented by loanees and finally backed up by the development squad.
Not helped by recent injuries tbf but these are his signings and some are seemingly continually injured.
We shouldnt be signing so many injury prone players imho. Despite their qualities they are no good to us if they
never play.

Anyways, back to the game. A 4231 for DA today with only one player change from last weeks crap.
It surprised me as i was expecting lots of personnel changes or something a bit more radical from a tactical POV.
So still a flat back 4 and only 2 CMs this time to protect them.
Foxy and stu okeefe with no yanner. Oh no!. I thought. Were doomed!
The only personnel change was the welcome return from injury(yet again) of sarce(MOM). Him GC10 and rueben
interchanged in the middle 3 and all did well causing burtons defence problems all game. Unfortunately, BAFC were doing
far worse to our defence at the other end. Old big eads boy, nigel, he gets his teams to play a similar short passing
style to DA but they did it far better then us today. Albeit all of their goals coming from set pieces.
Big fred had a good game scoring a brilliant individual effort to put us one up. Argyle shambolic defending and its 1-1.
Big fred/electric pace around the keeper and its 2-1. Woohoo! Argyle shambolic defending round 2 and its 2-2.
Half time and time to ponder. Shambolic defending/argo/new art form?
Good half of football though. If your neutral of course. Which i aint so it had good and crap in equal measure.

Second half and argyle start strongly with a good tempo. Their CB then gets injured and goes off. This lengthy delay
seems to upset us and we lose our rhythm. We struggle from then on for any control of the game till the end.
One quick counter though and big fred turns on his afterburners speeding clear but misses. In hindsight a crucial miss.
First argyle hat trick at HP for many a year missed too methinks?
Burton were continually pressing for the winner. DA subbed greg wylde for rueben and nessie for foxy but with little
effect. We were continually conceding free kicks and from one of them their other CB glanced home the winner.
All on his own again. Shambolic defending round 3. Ding ding and so it ended 2-3 with poor old DA booed off again.
Maybe time for 3 CBS on tuesday? To Plug some of them holes in the centre as well as having an extra one in there
to have more chance of eading the effing thing out when its effing put in there. Simple janner logic or utter bollox?
Whatever. Fingers crossed again for tuesday and game 15.
5 year contract equals a long term manager.
Is DA good enough for the long term? I do like his football when it works and i think he is on the right track with the
youth/swpl/dev squad/central league in place now. However first team results are paramount and we cannot
afford to go down to tier 4/league div 4 again. PAFC need to be far far better than that.

To summarise- we are fooked

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
This poor run has damaged us too much I feel. The relationship between manager, players and supporters is pretty much all but broken whatever happens for the rest of the season.

It’s gettinh ugly and something needs to change. You can’t change a squad of players and you can’t change thousands of supporters so there’s only one other viable option.