Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton)

Jan 6, 2004
It is Adams to blame! He brings the players in, oversees the training, sets the tactics and selects the team. How can it not be his fault when the team is useless week in week out?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Dan Ellard":29hi3lxv said:
No chance. Luke would have got no closer to any of those than Macey would.

A centre-half who could win a first ball in our own penalty area would be a good start.

His first post mentioned another season for Luke with Bradley in front of him as we 'pushed the boat out for him' so, yes Luke would have done better because Sonny would have either got his head on the crosses and/or the defence would be better organised and 'up for it'. Perhaps if we weren't being overrun as we were stronger and organised then Wylde would not be grabbing shirts and giving free kicks away too? :think:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
loveargyles":ee1sdzh2 said:
Dan Ellard":ee1sdzh2 said:
r4h4al":ee1sdzh2 said:
Macey 9
Moore 5
Edwards 0
Grant 10
SB 0
O'Keefe 0
Fox 8
Sarce 4
Reuben 2
Carey 5
Freddie 9

Ness 0
Wylde 3
Jephcott N/a

Thanks for reminding me - does anyone know where I can find a good random number generator?

Grant 10. Seriously? The guy is rubbish. As are all the other new players. Maybe 1% better than Edwards today

To be fair I'd agree with his opinions on Fox and Moore. Nope, struggling otherwise ...

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
so very predictable this defeat with derek stubbornly playing the abysmal,despite his two goals,ladapo.the chances he took he took well,but the chances he missed have got us firmly rooted to the bottom.couple this selection with the incompetent matt macey and some of the slowest players in the sport and we lose.it is difficult to select a player of the match as they were so inept.my ratings and comments;

Matt Macey - 0 incompetent.just a tip matt,when facing the sun wear a baseball cap.
Tafari Moore - 2 very poor match
Ryan Edwards - 2 i think he needs a complete rest away from the club in view of his terrible recent illness
Peter Grant - 4 tried hard but looks a scottish league player
Ashley Smith-Brown - 2 hopelessly out of position for most of the match
David Fox - 3 thanks david.a fine player but he needs "legs" playing alongside him
Stuart O'Keefe - 0 shockingly bad
Antoni Sarcevic - 4 tried very hard but has two speeds slow and dead slow
Graham Carey - 4 couldn't do much with the hopeless players around him
Ruben Lameiras - 4 ditto graham
Freddie Ladapo - 2 two marks for two goals but he cost us the match with his one on ones.he can't "read" his teammates

Kyle Letheren - unused
Niall Canavan - unused
Jamie Ness - 2
Connor Grant - unused
Gregg Wylde - 0 a rare case where i would have subbed him for another player
Joel Grant - unused
Luke Jephcott - n/a i regard it as an insult to this fine player to throw him on in a lost cause with a bunch of losers.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Welwyn Pilgrim":2331cgjq said:
Their Centre Back, McFazdean, was immense. Scored two headers, organised them and ran the show. A real leader. We had no one even close to him
In ability or defensive qualities

Was he wearing the number 5?

Dec 3, 2005
I have to ask what does Paul Wotton (Argyle Legend) bring to the party, as Defensive Coach?

Two good goals from Freddie, should have had a hat-trick.

But our defense offered them 3 opportunities and they took them.

Desperate for something on Tuesday, even a point, to stop the rot.

Feb 2, 2007
Ryan Taylor sat next to me in the stand today. He's the only one left who can turn is around in Derek's intransigent system. And thats very harsh on Freddie but his hold up play is so much more suited to bringing the rest of the team up the pitch.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Poor defending continues to hold us back. Pleased for Freddie to bag a couple of goals, such a shame that they didn’t gain us any points. Burton Albion were another team who simply seemed better than us. Quicker thinking. Stronger. More pace. Better organised. Better at most things really.

At 2-2 we looked like we may grind out a point, then some fairly odd substitutions.

On the subject of subs, I struggled to understand the logo behind his bench. No Dyson, Battle or Fletcher, but Jephcott gets a debut? Talk about dropping the lad in at the deep end.

Adams can bemoan his budget (and often does) but he has clearly wasted some of it if he isn’t going to give Dyson a chance at all. Not even on the bench!

Didn’t he say he had been chasing Dyson for a long time?

Makes no sense at all.

However, our problems go so much deeper than that. We did score two goals after all. It is a shame we can’t defend anymore.

Oh to have a defence of Sawyer, Vyner, Bradley and Threlkeld...

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Lgm":32nkjwxa said:
With Adams in charge I doubt very much we'll reach 10 points all season, Del boy needs to go now to stand any chance of staying in the 1st division. Oh and please take Wotton, Nance and Osborne with you. :furious:
totally agree with this post.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dan Ellard":1412en7f said:
No chance. Luke would have got no closer to any of those than Macey would.

A centre-half who could win a first ball in our own penalty area would be a good start.

For Burton's second goal the ball was headed in from 7 yards out slightly to the right of goal. Macey wasn't blocked off or impeded and really should have collected what was a looping cross from the corner.

Nov 2, 2004
I don't agree with the criticism Of Moore,I thought he had another decent game,him and Grant are our only acceptable defenders.Brown is hopeless, constantly out of position and continues to look like he would rather not be here.Edwards has lost it.Going forward it wasn't a disaster but we will struggle to win any games with a defence that includes Macey, Edwards and Brown none of them are up to standard and no amount of coaching will help.Macey was shocking,when he did make a save and they were regulation saves he spilled or parried the ball into dangerous areas.In possession he just hoofed it aimlessly enabling Burton to just mount attack after attack Wilmott was throwing his arms in the air clearly dismayed at his distribution.We may as well developed Cooper at least he is actually talented.

Macey 3
Brown 3
Edwards 3
Grant 7 won his battles
Moore 7 another solid game.
O'Keefe 6 decent game
Fox 7 his best game this season,no idea why he took him off.
Sarcevic 6 started well but tired badly.
Carey 5 gave the ball away a lot
Lamieres 6 ok not brilliant.
Ladapo 7 two good goals but missed a real sitter

Without Songoo we lack headers of the ball at set pieces.Burton had 4 big lads in the box,at one stage. fox was marking the centre forward ,that can never work.We were very fortunate they did not score more from set pieces.