Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Burton)

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 - O'Keefe was outstanding in the first half. Used the ball superbly. He faded a bit 2nd half and yes he was rubbish last week, but judge him on each game. His first 45 today was superb.

And considering that all of the first balls for the 3 goals were nowhere near close enough to goal to be claimable... what is Macey meant to do?!?!? Easy scapegoat but questions have to be asked of our defence if they continually fail to win headers in their own penalty area. The entire back four were a joke today, and Macey (despite his poor kicking) was less bad than all of them.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I thought we started very brightly and played some of the best football I've seen for a while. Overall I thought we looked much brighter going forward.

Unfortunately we can't defend - no other way of saying it, we just can't defend.

And there's no leadership. Moore and ASB are young full-backs - unless they're marshalled by a defensive leader, then of course they'll be out of position. There is just nothing there. In desperation the only thing I could suggest is using Ness as a sweeper/communicator in central back 3.

i thought Fox was one of the best on the pitch so was bemused when he was substituted. And whoever thinks Wylde is more likely to create a winner over Lameiras is just deluded.

And Burton were not a good side.

Truly desperate times now.

Jul 6, 2011
I think it's starting to look bad busines letting McCormack go and not pushing the boat out for Bradley. Luke had at least another decent season in him, giving time for Cooper to mature into a first team role. But.... oh well.
We desperately need Sawyer back as I'm not convinced by ASBs defending and I do agree with some that Canavan needs to start, hopefully Tuesday.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
briangreen":k3mfjsbx said:
I think it's starting to look bad busines letting McCormack go and not pushing the boat out for Bradley. Luke had at least another decent season in him, giving time for Cooper to mature into a first team role. But.... oh well.
We desperately need Sawyer back as I'm not convinced by ASBs defending and I do agree with some that Canavan needs to start, hopefully Tuesday.
Can you honestly say that McCormick (presume that's who you mean) would have prevented any of the 3 goals today?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dan Ellard":17xke7jv said:
PL2 - O'Keefe was outstanding in the first half. Used the ball superbly. He faded a bit 2nd half and yes he was rubbish last week, but judge him on each game. His first 45 today was superb.

And considering that all of the first balls for the 3 goals were nowhere near close enough to goal to be claimable... what is Macey meant to do?!?!? Easy scapegoat but questions have to be asked of our defence if they continually fail to win headers in their own penalty area. The entire back four were a joke today, and Macey (despite his poor kicking) was less bad than all of them.

I twice said O'Keefe had a good first half. I did judge him on this game.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
How can you give him a four then? He faded yes but his second half wasn't that bad. I think he was a genuine 9 for the first half.

Mar 18, 2006
Be in no doubt we are going down . Today had nothing to do with tactics . Players simply not good enough for this level and most wouldn’t be conference standard.
Pep wouldn’t turn these players into half decent standard .
Defensively woeful, no good having to score twice to even get a draw.
Ultimately we have signed a crock of s%#^ and will pay the price . Teams with smaller budgets will do far better .
Can’t be assed to watch us lose on Tuesday .
Sad times .

Jul 6, 2011
Dan Ellard":nt7mm6m9 said:
briangreen":nt7mm6m9 said:
Can you honestly say that McCormick (presume that's who you mean) would have prevented any of the 3 goals today?

Predictive text I'm afraid.
Yes, I do believe he would have stopped at least one, but then that's just a matter of opinion.
What do u think are the answers to our defensive problems?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Agree, shocking defending from corners which gift wrapped them the win. Good couple of goals from Freddie, especially the first.

Edwards looks all at sea, and the more it goes on the more it looks an awful decision to let McCormick go. Even though he made a couple of good saves he just doesn't command his area or is as vocal as Luke.

O'Keefe was shocking might be the worst performance I've ever seen. Offers absolutely nothing. Carey still not "at it". Sarce was knackered in the 2nd half should have come off. Only Freddie Grant and Macey come out with any credit.

Lost hope we can stay up now, after that result combined with last week's result. Feels like a writ off season although I hope I'm wrong!

Macey 9
Moore 5
Edwards 0
Grant 10
SB 0
O'Keefe 0
Fox 8
Sarce 4
Reuben 2
Carey 5
Freddie 9

Ness 0
Wylde 3
Jephcott N/a

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
No chance. Luke would have got no closer to any of those than Macey would.

A centre-half who could win a first ball in our own penalty area would be a good start.

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
Johndelve":kgrs41su said:
Be in no doubt we are going down . Today had nothing to do with tactics . Players simply not good enough for this level and most wouldn’t be conference standard.
Pep wouldn’t turn these players into half decent standard .
Defensively woeful, no good having to score twice to even get a draw.
Ultimately we have signed a crock of s%#^ and will pay the price . Teams with smaller budgets will do far better .
Can’t be assed to watch us lose on Tuesday .
Sad times .

Absolutely spot on!
The squad is conference standard. Today felt like watching my nephews play kids football on a Sunday morning.
Getting rid of Derek will not change anything, because no manager could get a tune from this bunch of duffers (I do not include gc10, foxy, sarcevic or sawyer as duffers). Although I do blame Derek for the signings.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
r4h4al":aohk9i1n said:
Macey 9
Moore 5
Edwards 0
Grant 10
SB 0
O'Keefe 0
Fox 8
Sarce 4
Reuben 2
Carey 5
Freddie 9

Ness 0
Wylde 3
Jephcott N/a

Thanks for reminding me - does anyone know where I can find a good random number generator?

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
Dan Ellard":12hi2pn0 said:
r4h4al":12hi2pn0 said:
Macey 9
Moore 5
Edwards 0
Grant 10
SB 0
O'Keefe 0
Fox 8
Sarce 4
Reuben 2
Carey 5
Freddie 9

Ness 0
Wylde 3
Jephcott N/a

Thanks for reminding me - does anyone know where I can find a good random number generator?

Grant 10. Seriously? The guy is rubbish. As are all the other new players. Maybe 1% better than Edwards today

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
They had defensive injuries that we should have taken advantage of. Early in the 2nd half, their big CD went off injured. So they moved the right back across and pulled Akins back. Akins is fast and very good going forward but defensively struggles when being run at. However, we took off Lamerias and put on Wylde, whom didn't look like he knew where he should be playing. He was useless and didn't have a clue where he should be playing or marking in defence. And then he gave away that stupid freekick (although did Akins use his arm to control the ball?).

Anyway, we can't defend a set piece, Macey can't kick and our midfield are generally too narrow when being attacked. It's not just Adams that has to take the blame for all that!