Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle

Nov 18, 2011
If Bolton really are a financial basket case then they may end up like we did and having to play the kids. If that's the case then I suppose Battle would be more likely to get a first team game.

Aug 5, 2015
Alternatively if Boltonā€™s financial position is as bad as feared then a responsible Argyle would ask for cash up front rather than run the risk of getting next to nothing later on. As seems to be the case, cash appears to be in short supply up there.

Jun 22, 2015
In a nutshell, was told not part of plans, then when Bolton interested, Argyle put that in reverse.

Can understand the boys frustrations.

Jul 13, 2006
Pele10":hv7x6nl8 said:
In a nutshell, was told not part of plans, then when Bolton interested, Argyle put that in reverse.

Can understand the boys frustrations.

That's poor, if correct.

Aug 2, 2011
As a general rule do not believe a word you read on here unless it is a substantiated fact. Opinions are fine but statements of fake news are often the rule. So does our "foreigner" have access to the inner workings of the club's boardroom?

Aug 5, 2015
Just like all the other youngsters who were offered contracts but decided to sign on. Only Argyle ā€œsupportersā€ could think like this, pathetic.

Jul 6, 2011
It's a shame about Alex, he was probably the best of the crop. Should have been given a professional contract same time as Fletcher, just as good.

Jul 13, 2006
Presto":14wketb4 said:
As a general rule do not believe a word you read on here unless it is a substantiated fact. Opinions are fine but statements of fake news are often the rule. So does our "foreigner" have access to the inner workings of the club's boardroom?
That's why I said "if correct", and if I had "access to the inner workings" I would know!

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Presto":2c1zfmnx said:
It's Pele10 who has the facts.

Aug 2, 2011
Apologies, I should have referenced Pele10 - I doubt that he has priviledged access to the board either.

Feb 28, 2016
Presto":1214ogm7 said:
Apologies, I should have referenced Pele10 - I doubt that he has priviledged access to the board either.

I doubt he has access to the board, (based on posting history.) but he may well have access to the other side of the debate, which would be as equally insightful (and as equally biased, an account)

Donā€™t see that as me endorsing his point of view, personally I have no comment to make at this stage, both sides will have their take on events, and there will be what actually went down, but letā€™s not pretend that what the club say(, privately or publicly) is a monopoly, on the truth of what happened.

Jul 6, 2011
lilcol":3hvqj7qb said:
Isn't it about time all this nonsense about Alex Battle was knocked on the head? It's been flogged to death !!

Is someone forcing you to read this?
I for one am interested in what's happened to the lad, he has great potential and I'd like to see him succeed.