Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bolton players are on strike as they haven’t been paid!!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
HC Green":1umeb7q6 said:
Joe Totale":1umeb7q6 said:
How dare we expect compensation for someone we've provided years of coaching and training for!
If Bolton really want him then I'm sure they can cough up the compensation fee.

Perhaps Bolton want Argyle not to ask for compensation so as to make up for the mistake they made with Threlkeld who they obviously didn’t rate at all. Gives you confidence in the judgement of their youth coaches.
What mistake did they make with Threlkeld? They were a club expecting to be in the Championship pretty swiftly and didn’t see him up to that level in the future or as part of a promotion push from League 1 whilst a youngster. Maybe they felt his level at the time was League 2 with the potential to become a League 1 player. He hasn’t done anything yet to prove them wrong, though he might possibly in the future.

Aug 5, 2016
Bolton released Threlkeld who wasn't good enough for them aged 22 (so good luck Alex, you'll need to develop into a Championship level player quickly there). Secondly, last time I heard Bolton Wanderers were in debt to the tune of around £180m, sounds like it's even worse now. Why would banks keep lending to a club that gets itself into that kind of mess?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":yjmgem9r said:
Joe Totale":yjmgem9r said:
How dare we expect compensation for someone we've provided years of coaching and training for!
If Bolton really want him then I'm sure they can cough up the compensation fee.

Perhaps Bolton want Argyle not to ask for compensation so as to make up for the mistake they made with Threlkeld who they obviously didn’t rate at all. Gives you confidence in the judgement of their youth coaches.
Argyle will be expecting compensation, wherever he ends up.

Aug 5, 2015
Of course no other club in the world would expect some form of compensation for the years of coaching and education the club has provided. Only Argyle would do something like that!

Jun 10, 2017
Thomas Edwards":37mud4ba said:
Well Argyle have not made it impossible.

They've allowed him to go for a trial whilst still under contract here and he's now out of contract and free to go..
he is not free to go anywhere

Oct 31, 2015
Wow Just read that the players have gone on strike. It sounds a right mess. If I was young Battle I would avoid like the plague.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Argyle10":26nqkh7u said:
If I was a betting man, Argyle would have made it impossible for the lad to leave and take up a great opportunity of U23 football at a club who could financially support his progession, instead you will find in the next 2 weeks that he will resume training with Argyle and I gureentee he will be released at the end of the season having not made the bench once

Which club is this that can "financially support his progression " then?

Bolton?

That will be the club that hasn't paid its players then, is it?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Argyle10":1bv17n5w said:
Thomas Edwards":1bv17n5w said:
Well Argyle have not made it impossible.

They've allowed him to go for a trial whilst still under contract here and he's now out of contract and free to go..
he is not free to go anywhere

Good!

If someone wants him they'll have to pay for him like they do for any other player. We have invested a lot if time and money in these lads, a lot of which during a period when we didn't have a lot of money to spare as it was.

If a club in a higher division thinks they can do better for him then go ahead but they have to reimburse us for the efforts we've put in to date, simple as that.

If Bolton can't afford him then it's because they haven't got their own house in order. Quite frankly, that's not our problem...

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Bolton do not appear to be a happy place at the moment. Players seem to be up in arms over non payment of bonuses due to them and threatened to go on strike yesterday rather than play a friendly versus St Mirren. The new Chairman denies all this and said he made the payments on Friday, but of course as BACS credits they will not hit the bank accounts until Tuesday. Despite the Chairman's words the friendly was postponed

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Can't see how this would benefit Battle.......going to a team were there is already a lot of Strikers...... :whistle: :whistle:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argyle10":2ng1cgpk said:
If I was a betting man, Argyle would have made it impossible for the lad to leave and take up a great opportunity of U23 football at a club who could financially support his progession, instead you will find in the next 2 weeks that he will resume training with Argyle and I gureentee he will be released at the end of the season having not made the bench once
I could be wrong but DA doesn't strike me as a guy who would welcome with open arms someone who has turned down his contract offer.