Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I doubt Adams will play Battle.. the only strikers that fit into his system are Taylor and Ladapo.

Jun 22, 2015
Alex is suffering from 'ArgoAdamBoltitis'

Tim Sherwood on the The Debate was saying how it infuriates him that big money signings are allowed time and poor performances, where as youth aren't afforded the luxury.

Last night proved how poor the squad is, but he's still nowhere near getting in it....unfortunately this isn't down to ability :facepalm:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Why did we re-sign him? What was the point?

That's not a commentary on his ability, more that he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting anywhere near the team - and even if he did, Adams would organise the team like they had Niall Quinn up front and not a nippy, footballing striker. Then you'd come on here and see the usual suspects proclaiming this to be proof that he isn't good enough, etc etc etc.

Scrap the entire youth system. It's a waste of money.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I have watched him on a few occasions, i'm yet to see anything that convinces me he's good enough to make it. Although I feel the same way about Alex Fletcher.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Andy Holland":35g51qln said:

That's not a commentary on his ability, more that he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting anywhere near the team - and even if he did, Adams would organise the team like they had Niall Quinn up front and not a nippy, footballing striker. Then you'd come on here and see the usual suspects proclaiming this to be proof that he isn't good enough, etc etc etc.

Totally agree with your first para..

Apr 15, 2008
London
Andy Holland":2bx507m4 said:

I cannot argue with any of that. Just admit we are a loans and free agents club. Unless it is going to be run properly and players given a chance, there is no point.

Sep 25, 2010
Andy Holland":kyj93b93 said:

Everything about the above, is totally and complete tosh, every single word of it, what an embarrassment of a post.

Feb 28, 2016
JannerinCardiff":1v8ks7t4 said:
I doubt Adams will play Battle.. the only strikers that fit into his system are Taylor and Ladapo.

Which is why no one should begrudge him wanting to chase Bolton. That is the saddest thing about them snubbing him is that it was so predictable, even when the team is struggling again he still doesn’t get a look in despite him doing the biz, with whatever scraps they do afford him.

Their attitude always was “we’re never going to use him;neither can anyone else.” They aren’t developing him here and they spitefully, prevented him from doing so elsewhere.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Can we all just be a tad more realistic? The SWPL isn't anywhere close to the standard of the Football League. Scoring a few goals at that level does not mean you're ready to make the jump to professional first team football.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Martyn":23gfuy5z said:
Andy Holland":23gfuy5z said:

Everything about the above, is totally and complete tosh, every single word of it, what an embarrassment of a post.

If only Ladapo had a 100% hit rate like me!

Jul 6, 2011
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":3mnx28ne said:
Can we all just be a tad more realistic? The SWPL isn't anywhere close to the standard of the Football League. Scoring a few goals at that level does not mean you're ready to make the jump to professional first team football.

'Cough' Lapado, amateur league 'cough'

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":15h9h3i7 said:
Maybe not, but he has scored a lot more goals than Calum Dyson has in SWPL. From what I have read, Dyson has scored mainly tap ins whereas Battle has scored numerous different types of goal including free kicks and shots from outside the area as well as individual goals after beating a few defenders.

He seems to have a striker’s instinct and I would like to see him given a chance, that’s all.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

briangreen":2h87xhan said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2h87xhan said:

Firstly, Freddie Ladapo has played to a higher standard than Alex Battle on a number of occasions, least of all in the Premier League. He is by no means of Premier League standard but just being around Selhurst Park is an improvement on Battle's experience. I'd also wager that Hayes, Margate and Grays would walk the SWPL too and besides Ladapo is the exception not the rule.

davie nine":2h87xhan said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2h87xhan said:
Maybe not, but he has scored a lot more goals than Calum Dyson has in SWPL. From what I have read, Dyson has scored mainly tap ins whereas Battle has scored numerous different types of goal including free kicks and shots from outside the area as well as individual goals after beating a few defenders.

He seems to have a striker’s instinct and I would like to see him given a chance, that’s all.

With the greatest amount of respect to Calum Dyson, he isn't in the first team either. I appreciate that Battle may look good (as have others in the past) but the SWPL is not a good measuring stick. Sure, it's the best we have, but the teams in that division just aren't comparable to those in the Football League.

Listen, I'm all for promoting and using youth but they have to be good enough and I think it would be a huge risk to play untried, untested youngsters when we have proven Football League players in the squad. Adams has shown that youngsters (if good enough) will get opportunities when they are ready and the time is right, but it won't be on a whim and used a desperate measure. Personally, I think that is the right approach.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":resuwfim said:
briangreen":resuwfim said:

Firstly, Freddie Ladapo has played to a higher standard than Alex Battle on a number of occasions, least of all in the Premier League. He is by no means of Premier League standard but just being around Selhurst Park is an improvement on Battle's experience. I'd also wager that Hayes, Margate and Grays would walk the SWPL too and besides Ladapo is the exception not the rule.

davie nine":resuwfim said:

With the greatest amount of respect to Calum Dyson, he isn't in the first team either. I appreciate that Battle may look good (as have others in the past) but the SWPL is not a good measuring stick. Sure, it's the best we have, but the teams in that division just aren't comparable to those in the Football League.

Listen, I'm all for promoting and using youth but they have to be good enough and I think it would be a huge risk to play untried, untested youngsters when we have proven Football League players in the squad. Adams has shown that youngsters (if good enough) will get opportunities when they are ready and the time is right, but it won't be on a whim and used a desperate measure. Personally, I think that is the right approach.
All I am saying is that, compared to Fletcher, Sangster, Dan Rooney and now, Luke Jephcott, Battle is at the back of the queue. I have already said that it is only my opinion and I just felt the need to air it.