Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
We both think that there is untried goal scoring potential in Alex Battle, Brian.
If he has turned down Argyle’s contract offer, I, like you, would like to know where he is going because I will follow his progress with interest.
Louis Rooney and Tyler Harvey had their chances, if limited, and Alex Fletcher is still with us and I just think that Alex Battle may have that extra goal scoring instinct.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
macleanie":2b6afi5q said:
Let him go. If he doesn't want to play for our club and fight for his chance then goodbye!

Easy to say but someone, somewhere is either filling this lads head with delusions of grandeur or giving some very bad advice on his prospects...especially with regard to Bolton.

Either way, I would hope that in the event that he ends up accepting what was originally offered, he hasn’t burned his bridge from both ends with DA.

May 8, 2011
Andy_S":2hfaz1n1 said:
macleanie":2hfaz1n1 said:
Let him go. If he doesn't want to play for our club and fight for his chance then goodbye!

Easy to say but someone, somewhere is either filling this lads head with delusions of grandeur or giving some very bad advice on his prospects...especially with regard to Bolton.

Either way, I would hope that in the event that he ends up accepting what was originally offered, he hasn’t burned his bridge from both ends with DA.

Battle would appear to be limbo as he doesn’t want to sign for Argyle but it would appear that the Club he wants to sign for isn’t keen on spending money on him or they would have signed him and taken a chance on the tribunal adjudication.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
HC Green":33hnofvk said:
Andy_S":33hnofvk said:
macleanie":33hnofvk said:

Battle would appear to be limbo as he doesn’t want to sign for Argyle but it would appear that the Club he wants to sign for isn’t keen on spending money on him or they would have signed him and taken a chance on the tribunal adjudication.

And that’s my point HC, crap advice.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If Bolton, or any other club, want him, they have to comply with the compensation rules for players who have been invested in by our Academy. To suggest that he should be given away is ludicrous.

It seems that there is an opportunity for him to still discuss his future with PAFC. I hope that he reconsiders and fights for a career with PAFC.

Oct 31, 2015
Probably agent or family advising which could leave the lad without a decent pre season.

Money can be the route of evil.

Hope it gets sorted soon for his sake because the club just wont let him go and he would have known that when he signed his pro contract.

Sad state of affairs

Jun 22, 2015
rsp4":1j4q2k4x said:
Probably agent or family advising which could leave the lad without a decent pre season.

Hope it gets sorted soon for his sake because the club just wont let him go and he would have known that when he signed his pro contract.

Sad state of affairs

DA told him not part of plans...so goes Bolton....does well 3 year deal...Argyle whack it into reverse, then say not part of DA plans but club will want him (so as to get compensation).

Boy was guilty of not getting it in writing so as to be able to leave on a free.

3 year professional contract with Bolton playing in Professional Development League or 1 year professional contract, but with minimal time spent training with 1st team, mainly playing SWPL opposition on park pitches, ok 12 games in new reserve league....hmmmmmmm
Money is the route of all evil, but you cant point the finger at the player and not the club.
rsp4, if Alex was your son, what would you advise him to do?

Mar 23, 2008
Really bad situation for him and to end up in limbo land and miss a pre-season at this stage of his development is really bad, so whoever has advised him and created that situation has frankly given poor advice.

Jun 22, 2015
Deacster":3b4r9ouw said:
Really bad situation for him and to end up in limbo land and miss a pre-season at this stage of his development is really bad, so whoever has advised him and created that situation has frankly given poor advice.

read my previous message :silent:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Pele10":3sjrhw9g said:
rsp4":3sjrhw9g said:

Sad state of affairs

DA told him not part of plans...so goes Bolton....does well 3 year deal...Argyle whack it into reverse, then say not part of DA plans but club will want him (so as to get compensation).

Boy was guilty of not getting it in writing so as to be able to leave on a free.

3 year professional contract with Bolton playing in Professional Development League or 1 year professional contract, but with minimal time spent training with 1st team, mainly playing SWPL opposition on park pitches, ok 12 games in new reserve league....hmmmmmmm
Money is the route of all evil, but you cant point the finger at the player and not the club.
rsp4, if Alex was your son, what would you advise him to do?
I can see your point, Pele10, but PAFC is a business, not a charity.
Maybe, Alex was not in DA’s immediate plans, but can you imagine the criticism the club would have got if Alex did very well and Bolton eventually sold him for, say, £2m?

Surely, he must have been in the club’s plans if he was offered a professional contract; just not at the level that Alex was aspiring to.

I have said more than once that I believe that he has the potential to have a good career in the EFL but, if he goes elsewhere, our club deserves to benefit in accordance with the rules regarding players who have come through our Academy.