Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle

Aug 5, 2016
esmer":1nl24yaq said:
Knibbsworth":1nl24yaq said:
Kentishgreen":1nl24yaq said:
No I don’t underestimate him. If he makes it at Bolton great, but as he’s nowhere near our first team what makes you think he’ll get into the Bolton first team. Surely the competition is fiercer and the level of expectation higher there than here?

Adams could have a 5' 7" forward who finishes like Antoine Griezmann, but if he can't control long balls, bring others into play and play intelligently then DA won't play him up front.

How is Battle or Fletcher going to conceivably kick Taylor out of this team? They either need to learn to be outstanding on the wing or look at finding clubs who are looking for pacey finishers. The trouble is, are they really pacey finishers at League One/professional level, or is it only SWPL defenders they can make chances against?
If they are good enough they will force their way into the team. Not sure how tall Messi is but I'm sure Derek would find a place for him if he was available

I did say the diminutive players would need to become outstanding on the wing, I'd say Messi more than ticked that box in his earlier years.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":2mq81t36 said:
Strange!!

I assume that his pro development contract ran out on 30th June?
He turned down Argyle's offer of a new contract. Don't know where he'll turn up.

Jul 12, 2016
Why don't Argyle make an official announcement if he's going? Same thing happened with Bradley .

May 8, 2011
oldage":2y02ftj2 said:
Why don't Argyle make an official announcement if he's going? Same thing happened with Bradley .

Because they have never to my knowledge announced when a player decides not to accept a contract offer.

Normally the manager will talk about it if asked by the press.

Aug 5, 2016
oldage":2g0650zh said:

What is there to announce, that an 18 year old isn't at pre season training? Battle can always change his mind and be with Argyle at the start of the season. If he finds another club I'm sure we'll announce it then.

Jun 10, 2017
If I was a betting man, Argyle would have made it impossible for the lad to leave and take up a great opportunity of U23 football at a club who could financially support his progession, instead you will find in the next 2 weeks that he will resume training with Argyle and I gureentee he will be released at the end of the season having not made the bench once

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Well Argyle have not made it impossible.

They've allowed him to go for a trial whilst still under contract here and he's now out of contract and free to go..

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Argyle10":2as9cm8o said:
If I was a betting man, Argyle would have made it impossible for the lad to leave and take up a great opportunity of U23 football at a club who could financially support his progession, instead you will find in the next 2 weeks that he will resume training with Argyle and I gureentee he will be released at the end of the season having not made the bench once

When you say made it impossible, is it because they expect compensation for a young player that has been offered a contract? How terrible of the club, what a way to go about their business, surely they must understand that young Alex is far more important and Bolton or whichever club he may want to go to should be able to take whichever player they want whenever they want without fear of being asked to pay .

Nov 18, 2011
How dare we expect compensation for someone we've provided years of coaching and training for!
If Bolton really want him then I'm sure they can cough up the compensation fee.

May 8, 2011
Joe Totale":dxrmwfys said:
How dare we expect compensation for someone we've provided years of coaching and training for!
If Bolton really want him then I'm sure they can cough up the compensation fee.

Perhaps Bolton want Argyle not to ask for compensation so as to make up for the mistake they made with Threlkeld who they obviously didn’t rate at all. Gives you confidence in the judgement of their youth coaches.