AFT Calls for Investigation | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT Calls for Investigation

Aug 11, 2013
Mork":1g3hu8hl said:
Can’t believe some peoples reaction to this. Only Argyle fans can stick the boot in to Argyle fans trying to help Argyle fans.!

Top post ... really can’t believe the vitriol on this one.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
BallboyEGS1958":3sda1hq1 said:
Whilst I appreciate the AFT looking out for the interest of "all supporters" it appears that certain PASOTI subscriber's do not like the idea of the AFT doing anything without having a good old moan about it. They seem to forget that the AFT board members put them selves in the firing line again and again, not for their benefit but us the supporters. I can't understand why any Argyle supporter would want to continually abuse a fellow supporter giving up their own time freely to try and look after the interest's of fellow supporters. Thanks AFT for all your efforts you do for me and all other appreciative supporters
I agree. Even if the ‘investigation’ does not provide any positive outcome the action by AFT seems to have been well intended on this occasion.
I’m not sure if the club is satisfied with the rearranged date but it certainly seems to favour Scunthorpe. Perhaps AFT could investigate that.

Dec 21, 2010
Damned if we do complain and damned if we don't. The phone calls, texts and emails I have received from fellow supporters in the last 24 hours, who like many of us were caught up in this, suggests that we were right.

Oct 31, 2015
What happened yesterday? Did the game get postponed?

Oh well move on. 7 cup finals to go including Scunthorpe away. Not worth AFT wasting time on this tiny issue tbh

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
argyledad":30hf68ww said:
Damned if we do complain and damned if we don't. The phone calls, texts and emails I have received from fellow supporters in the last 24 hours, who like many of us were caught up in this, suggests that we were right.

I don’t think anyone is doubting that many people were caught up in this. Whilst it doesn’t bother me at all and wasn’t going to bother posting about it, I do think you should read the many comments made by fans across all forums saying you got it wrong.. To say you have received calls and texts from fans suggests you are right doesn’t give you any credibility in my opinion. Clearly they are your friends as they have your number, so will of course wont give you a fully independent view.

If the fixture scheduling was an issue this should have been raised months ago. In fact I’d go as far as to say it should have been raised months ago by the trust. That’s the role I see you guys having. Identifying issues that argyle fans could have and proactively seeking solutions to them before we are affected would be more than enough for many Argyle fans to gain some confidence in the AFT.

Good luck with it.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
argyledad":2edlsoty said:
Silly me for not calling you to mention that the weather was beyond filthy and these things happen.

I still believe you asked a long list of the wrong questions.

All clubs are guilty of it but, if a game is in doubt (and this one was or there would have been no need to verti-drain) then BOTH clubs should be required to warn supporters that there is a risk, even if they believe the game will proceed.

Also, there should be no need for a referee if both clubs agree that it is unplayable.

Largely, it’s the lack of reasonable communication that is the issue not the decision as a postponement is in neither club’s interest; Chesterfield were donating their pies to local charities yesterday after their own appalling communication.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’m sure Bob had the best of intentions, he loves this club as much as any of us.

It really does come across as pompous mate.

No vitriol this end, just a bit of cringe really.

Personally I thank the AFT for raising questions on behalf of their members who feel much frustration after the unecessary travel on Monday.

Totally concur that you can't help the weather, however an earlier postponement would of been preferable for all.

Lots of criticism towards the AFT on here, I do wonder what percentage of critiques had actually travelled to this doomed fixture.

Oct 31, 2015
jay_smithy":1ki8x4w5 said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0636c38

Interview with Scunthorpe chairman who funny enough was born and grew up in Plymouth. All his comments answer most of what the trust are asking.

Good interview which answers all the questions.

Investigation over methinks

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Leeder":159u4m0f said:
Lots of criticism towards the AFT on here, I do wonder what percentage of critiques had actually travelled to this doomed fixture.
For the record. I did travel and it was annoying but the weather was shocking so no complaints about the decision.

The only thing the clubS could have done was warn fans of the risk on Sunday (I know we could all see the forecast but had no idea how well the pitch drains or existing ground conditions to guess what might happen) and reach the decision earlier on Monday.

From what has been said since, it sounds like BOTH clubs knew about the verti-draining so both are guilty on the first point. Poor communication is common to all clubs (Chesterfield tweeted that their game was on at 11 before calling it off at 12) but has to be improved.

As for the second, if both clubs agree is is unplayable (as it was seen was the case), they shouldn’t have to wait for a referee (local or otherwise). I suspect that this is where EFL rule changes are required.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
BallboyEGS1958":2p6ru1bv said:
Whilst I appreciate the AFT looking out for the interest of "all supporters" it appears that certain PASOTI subscriber's do not like the idea of the AFT doing anything without having a good old moan about it. They seem to forget that the AFT board members put them selves in the firing line again and again, not for their benefit but us the supporters. I can't understand why any Argyle supporter would want to continually abuse a fellow supporter giving up their own time freely to try and look after the interest's of fellow supporters. Thanks AFT for all your efforts you do for me and all other appreciative supporters

Mike I know you are a strong supporter of the AFT and yes there are some posters are obviously anti AFT, but issuing an embarrassing statement like that only gives genuine ammunition to "have a good moan about it" and then to cap it all the chairman post that because he has had a few calls from his mates that justifies it.

Two genuine issues have come up lately premier pricing in the refurbished grandstand and not being able to collect ST from Home Park we have to pay postage not a pip squeak from the AFT.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mark_Colling":3r1iliwo said:
Leeder":3r1iliwo said:
For the record. I did travel and it was annoying but the weather was shocking so no complaints about the decision.

The only thing the clubS could have done was warn fans of the risk on Sunday (I know we could all see the forecast but had no idea how well the pitch drains or existing ground conditions to guess what might happen) and reach the decision earlier on Monday.

From what has been said since, it sounds like BOTH clubs knew about the verti-draining so both are guilty on the first point. Poor communication is common to all clubs (Chesterfield tweeted that their game was on at 11 before calling it off at 12) but has to be improved.

As for the second, if both clubs agree is is unplayable (as it was seen was the case), they shouldn’t have to wait for a referee (local or otherwise). I suspect that this is where EFL rule changes are required.

Catch 22.

If they had pre warned people travelling that it could be called off because of X Y Z and some chose not to travel imagine the uproar if the game went ahead.

People would be saying a decision should be made much closer to kickoff to avoid scare mongering.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Can't for the life of me see what's wrong with the AFT statement. Didn't seem pompous at all, it looks perfectly reasonable to me. What's the point of a fan's trust if not to ask questions on behalf of matchgoing fans?

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Brussels Bureaucrat":1ya1oijw said:
Can't for the life of me see what's wrong with the AFT statement. Didn't seem pompous at all, it looks perfectly reasonable to me. What's the point of a fan's trust if not to ask questions on behalf of matchgoing fans?
Here, here! Have Re read the statement several times. How on earth is that pompous?