AFT Calls for Investigation | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT Calls for Investigation

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I don’t agree with the sentiment of the original post but talk about an overreaction from some on this thread. The joke is firmly on you lot for getting so agitated over something which is clearly an act of goodwill.

Feb 8, 2005
I have no gripe regarding the AFT taking up matters that their membership have authorised, but to put forward views that cannot and do not represent their fanbase is clearly out of order.

Not only does it show the AFT in a bad light, it also shows the Club up as the matter gets regurgitated through the outside press.

If the AFT continue to comment on minor matters that most of the fanbase, and the Club, feel unworthy of consideration, then the power of the AFT will be diminished when serious matters need to be addressed, either with the backing of the Club, or on behalf of its members against the Club.

The AFT should take a back seat until such an occasion arises.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Lundan Cabbie":o9biypjj said:
Clubs actually ask for local games to NOT be held on Bank Holidays. Argyle played Southend on Good Friday, a day they can expect a large gate whoever they play. Why waste that day on someone like Bristol Rovers when that fixture is likely to draw a big crowd at any time of the season.

Plagiarist. ;)

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Can’t believe some peoples reaction to this. Only Argyle fans can stick the boot in to Argyle fans trying to help Argyle fans.
What a bunch of losers some of you are!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Mork":3mroqoav said:
Can’t believe some peoples reaction to this. Only Argyle fans can stick the boot in to Argyle fans trying to help Argyle fans.

It's the personalities and politics innit. You gotta laugh though. There are pages and pages all over the internet from disgruntled fans moaning about the circumstances leading to this postponement....then, the AFT have a moan about the circumstances leading to this postponement, and there is total outrage against them! :lol:

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
The Grumpy Loyal":1g2e5j03 said:
Mork":1g2e5j03 said:

It's the personalities and politics innit. You gotta laugh though. There are pages and pages all over the internet from disgruntled fans moaning about the circumstances leading to this postponement....then, the AFT have a moan about the circumstances leading to this postponement, and there is total outrage against them! :lol:
It’s pathetic! Some really showing there true colours. Clearly the AFT they don’t like, regardless of what they say.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":1rqr92vn said:
Lundan Cabbie":1rqr92vn said:
Clubs actually ask for local games to NOT be held on Bank Holidays. Argyle played Southend on Good Friday, a day they can expect a large gate whoever they play. Why waste that day on someone like Bristol Rovers when that fixture is likely to draw a big crowd at any time of the season.

Plagiarist. ;)

Indeed so but then a body such as the AFT should know that this information is already out there.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
It could only be made marginally more pompous by the inclusion of the phrase ‘we the undersigned’. Honestly, save your ire for the really challenging stuff, rather than an act of god in Lincolnshire. We all know it is a ball ache getting to and from Argyle games, and cancellations are a pain, but do we really believe this calls for an investigation? Even the club took it pragmatically. We make ourselves look daft doing this.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Dear oh dear. Sorry AFT and all the well meaning volunteers but this is ridiculous. I only read the first page of replies and I think they more or less covered the absurdity, pomposity and complete waste of time this is.

B

BallboyEGS1958

Whilst I appreciate the AFT looking out for the interest of "all supporters" it appears that certain PASOTI subscriber's do not like the idea of the AFT doing anything without having a good old moan about it. They seem to forget that the AFT board members put them selves in the firing line again and again, not for their benefit but us the supporters. I can't understand why any Argyle supporter would want to continually abuse a fellow supporter giving up their own time freely to try and look after the interest's of fellow supporters. Thanks AFT for all your efforts you do for me and all other appreciative supporters

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Seems a bit of an overreaction by many on here to me, asking a few questions is hardly tantamount to declaring war is it.

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
ChepstowGreen":3cxh2qvv said:
Seems a bit of an overreaction by many on here to me, asking a few questions is hardly tantamount to declaring war is it.

Depends what your agenda is I think...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
An overreaction to an overreaction to an overreaction if you ask me.

The Trust went a bit gung-ho in their approach to begin with. A few people responded fairly abruptly, offering a little too much criticism over a misguided but well meaning course of AFT action. Then to top it off those overreacting are accused of having agendas to push, having personality clashes with the AFT and get called losers for their trouble.

How many mountains can you make out of one molehill? :lol:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
ChepstowGreen":2fa8hlg6 said:

The answer to their questions were already out there though. Rather than being representative of supporters, it comes across as not particularly being on the ball.