AFT Calls for Investigation | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT Calls for Investigation

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
GreenArmy1984":3tx45hi8 said:
7 Big games now to Focus on ....

COYGs

Absolutely right. Good on you for checking us back into reality. Time for us all to get off our various high horses and support the team. Me included. Canā€™t wait for Pompey next week, my next game. COYG!!!!

dunlop

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Nov 17, 2009
Lundan Cabbie":9oucb14g said:
GreenArmy1984":9oucb14g said:
7 Big games now to Focus on ....

COYGs

Make that 10. ;)

I hope so quite a few of us will have an extra bob or two if it is.

PutneyPete

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Lundan Cabbie":3cp2jo7z said:
As for rain covers, they are not mandatory in League One as are not frost covers, undersoil heating or sliding roofs.

For your information - frost covers are mandatory for all clubs BUT there is no requirement for rain covers for Football league clubs.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your email, we note your comments.

With regards to weather conditions, should there be any concerns, referees will always inspect the playing surface pre-match, to establish whether it would be appropriate for a fixture to go ahead. Postponed matches due to inclement weather are a relatively unusual occurrence, but due to the often unpredictable nature of UK weather they are not always easy to call.

We have spoken with relevant personnel in this regard and we can advise that the match referee was asked to come in earlier than usual as a precaution, for this particular game. The pitch was not waterlogged at 7am or even 8am on the morning of the game. Heavier rainfall than first predicted had unfortunately waterlogged the pitch. EFL Clubs do not, by regulation have to provide specific ā€˜rainā€™ covers. The only requirement of clubs is to ensure they have a frost cover in place, which are not waterproof. It is also worth stating that the EFL would not postpone a fixture on the basis of a weather forecast alone.

It is of course unfortunate that this fixture was ultimately postponed, but it is sometimes a difficult decision for the Referee to make, given that there are times where they are criticised for calling a game off too early or too late. It is regrettable that supporters had travelled some distance for this game and we share your disappointment that the fixture could not commence but unfortunately, on this occasion the weather intervened.
Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Regards,
Jessica Crook
Supporter Services Department
EFL

Considering the loss of match day revenue to Scunthorpe (especially on a Bank Holiday fixture) and the cost of food that now could not be sold, it would make sense commercially for Scunthorpe to have rain covers.

If the Football League can make it a requirement that all clubs have frost covers, then surely they can make it a requirement that all clubs have rain covers.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
If it wasn't waterlogged at 8am it must have been rain of biblical proportions to result in the conditions shown in the photo tweeted by Chris Errington at around 10am.

Either that or their drainage is cr@p.

Belfast Green

šŸ‡®šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡®šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡®šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡®šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡®šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡®šŸ‡Ŗ
Jam First
āœ… Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
IJN":1qxkmoii said:
For those of those that want Trust run clubs I hope this shows why so many are against it.

QuizMike has it bang on. I do hope whoever it is youā€™ve complained to doesnā€™t think you speak on behalf of the majority of us.

Pompous windbags!

Said the member of the AFT.

N

NorfolkGreen

davie nine":3136oetq said:
The EFL rules should stipulate the time of the initial inspection should take into account the distance that the away side (and supporters) have to travel.

Eminently sensible suggestion. The ref Travelling 3 hours on the day of the game on a BH weekend seems an unnecessary heightened risk as well. I donā€™t see it is beyond the wit of man to schedule games with slightly more consideration as well, remember the Tuesday night gubbing at Sunderland a few years ago.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Belfast Green":1ytfkkyx said:
IJN":1ytfkkyx said:
For those of those that want Trust run clubs I hope this shows why so many are against it.

QuizMike has it bang on. I do hope whoever it is youā€™ve complained to doesnā€™t think you speak on behalf of the majority of us.

Pompous windbags!

...and a man who's spoken a lot about about how he gets undeserved stick on the internet. You couldn't make it up!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
NorfolkGreen":9st9dye9 said:
davie nine":9st9dye9 said:
The EFL rules should stipulate the time of the initial inspection should take into account the distance that the away side (and supporters) have to travel.

Eminently sensible suggestion. The ref Travelling 3 hours on the day of the game on a BH weekend seems an unnecessary heightened risk as well. I donā€™t see it is beyond the wit of man to schedule games with slightly more consideration as well, remember the Tuesday night gubbing at Sunderland a few years ago.
Clubs usually ask for long distance away games to be in August or be on a Tuesday night. Which is why we usually played Carlisle in August over the last few seasons. The argument for putting it in the summer is that more people might go, but after that the argument is that not many people are going to go so it might as well be a Tuesday.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Nothing to investigate here.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
The fact of the matter is Fixtures do get postponed due to weather conditions

They then get rescheduled for another date

Nothing you can do about the weather

Just look forward to the forthcoming fixtures

COYGs

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Andy Holland":2ubieiwy said:
Belfast Green":2ubieiwy said:
IJN":2ubieiwy said:

Pompous windbags!

...and a man who's spoken a lot about about how he gets undeserved stick on the internet. You couldn't make it up!

As you obviously canā€™t read Andy let me yet again explain.

Nothing wrong with ā€˜stickā€™ I can and do take that all day long.

What I object to are the lies, libel and threats.

However I did promise I wouldnā€™t raise it again on here but as you seem to want to prove your ability to misquote I thought people can work out the difference for themselves.

Then perhaps what youā€™re really saying is ā€˜follow and applaud the AFT or put up with ā€˜stickā€™ā€™

Sep 28, 2003
London
Sorry Ian, but if it's a fight between who's coming across as more of a "pompous windbag" there between you and the AFT then there's no contest. Have you ever wondered WHY it's you that these idiots on Free Chat seem to have the biggest problem with?

As for this:

Then perhaps what youā€™re really saying is ā€˜follow and applaud the AFT or put up with ā€˜stickā€™ā€™

If that's what I was saying, I'd bloody well say it.

My point is that the AFT work hard for the fans, whether you agree with what they do or not - calling them names [aren't you meant to be an adult?] lacks any class. I didn't agree with them on this, I don't agree with them on a lot of stuff. However, they're volunteering and working a lot harder to try and improve things for Argyle fans than I ever would - and the day might come when we need a strong Trust to keep an eye on things at the club, all this sniping and bitching and lack of engagement is NOT a good way to ensure that.

It's so Plymouth as a city - bitch, snipe and refuse to positively engage with something because it's not exactly the way you want it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Another one from outside Plymouth who likes to say whatā€™s wrong with it.

As for me calling them names, if the worst they hear is ā€˜pompous windbagsā€™ then theyā€™ll be doing very well Iā€™d Say.

From what Iā€™ve read on here, FB and Twitter, iā€™m Far from the only one that thought they were out of line and seriously out of touch.

Still, as a Plymouthian what would I know!