Who would you have to replace Fletch ? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who would you have to replace Fletch ?

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
jespafc":3vlffmy7 said:
John Ward for me. We could afford him and he has a wealth of lower league experience. He's available too. Maybe even appoint him and offer Fletch an assistant role.

That's a very interesting suggestion, all of it...

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm not sure how people think we would afford to remove one 'budget' management team and then replace them with someone hugely experienced (Johnson, Warnock etc) who is currently under contract to another club (so there'd be compensation to pay) and who will be earning a lot more than Fletcher.

Lord Cuckfield":1fz4q6hj said:
Norwich Green":1fz4q6hj said:
Cocko, simples...

Knock this shower of poo into shape.

Another manager with zero experience what could possibly go wrong.

Not exactly zero experience, he has been working in management (albeit as a coach) for 2 -3 years, much of that under Sturrock, unlike Fletch who was dropped right in at the deep end.

Jun 24, 2008
Paul Peschisolido (did okay at burton early on, liked him as a manager)
Neale Cooper (took hartlepool to there highest league position for a while last season, all went wrong this season though)
Alan Knill (did fantastic with bury in this league, recently sacked from scunthorpe)

They could be realistic choices.

Jun 24, 2008
paulysalz":3jxbk9n5 said:
Neale Cooper?? The guy who thought that Simon Walton was good enough for League 1? I'd rather keep Fletch.

Well when you say it like that :lol:

Alan Knill out of the three would be my favourite choice.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Alan Knill is a good call!

As per another thread on here, I'd like (and it is subject to them being sacked any time, so it's more speculative than anything else):

Keith Hill - Good in this league, can't imagine too many takers from Championship/League One teams (Did he enjoy his time down here?)

Graham Turner - Would be a great mentor. Not sure how stable his position is at Shrewsbury, but all his career has been sent around a roughly similar geographical area.

Greg Abbott - Carlisle aren't doing so well this season, but he's had them playing well throughout his career with them and he's impressed me enough when I've seen him talk. They also won the Football League Trophy in 2011.

TCL

Jan 25, 2012
Where we are heading the big question would have to be - who with experience would be interested in the job?? and to be honest I can't think of anybody unless they are really desperate.

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Mike Newell is a great shout.... however

I cant see Fletch being sacked yet, and I agree he needs to be given more time... I think the majority of people posting here need to learn patience and remember just where we were and accept that it will take time to move on!!

Its gonna fall on deaf ears, but positivity breeds positivity and this would be the best way to help to team, not all this bull and negativity!

P

pafc1234

Hahaha, did someone mention Martin Allen. No way would he leave the team that will win this league by 15 points!

Nov 12, 2012
Jim Magilton, did great job in reserecting Ipswich when they had been in administration and at QPR before the capital injection, Mark Hughes lol perhaps if he is sh**T at managing with loads of dosh he will have the reverse impact without any lol