Who would you have to replace Fletch ? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who would you have to replace Fletch ?

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Couldn't give you a name. I'd expect Argyle, as a professional football club, to be able to make a good decision based on research and fact-finding rather than throwing random names around. Even Dan McCauley managed this, more than once.

Mar 23, 2008
The Eleventh Hour":1cmyvlm4 said:
Mike Newell
Seemed a good manager but drifted off the scene after his comments about agents. Not sure where he's been of late?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Green_Matt":4rgdp57z said:
Couldn't give you a name. I'd expect Argyle, as a professional football club, to be able to make a good decision based on research and fact-finding rather than throwing random names around. Even Dan McCauley managed this, more than once.

Exactly. Lets do it propely for once.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
I don't think money would be a massive stumbling block for a presently out-of-work manager who was hired until season end initially. Phil Brown ?
I also think there are managers with clubs who would join Argyle based on potential. Similar to Steve Evans move to Rotherham (Steve Evans anyone ?? :shock: )
Overall IF CF went I would say Colin Lee. (I'm surprised Lee hasn't been approached as DoF/CEO) and I would replace Nance with, if feasible, Lee Hodges.

Jun 20, 2011
John Ward would be a good choice, he has a wealth of experience at this level and there would be no compo for him.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Re. John Ward. His most recent spell in management included a season start with no wins in 8 matches and just 1 win in 23 games stretching back into last season (Colchester United). Not the most convincing evidence that he's what we need!

T

Tim Chown

If Fletch was no longer manager, I would also like to see Billy Davies here. Whether he'd work for the wage we'd offer is another question of course.

PAFC remains an excellent opportunity for a good manager to 'do a Sturrock' to (re)build their reputation.

tim

E

Every Saturday

Argyle would be a very attractive opportunity to many managers

Jul 29, 2010
Tim Chown":9jteeur9 said:
If Fletch was no longer manager, I would also like to see Billy Davies here. Whether he'd work for the wage we'd offer is another question of course.

PAFC remains an excellent opportunity for a good manager to 'do a Sturrock' to (re)build their reputation.

tim

Billy Davies doesn't like Plymouth and I don't like Billy Davies.

One way to guarentee someone 'does a Sturrock'......get a Sturrock.

Mar 23, 2008
Having looked through this thread I have to say there are no outstanding candidates. Either too inexperienced or experienced with mixed track records. Maybe the board would need to think outside the box and look at non-league, Scotland and Ireland?