Who would you have to replace Fletch ? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who would you have to replace Fletch ?

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
If Fletcher does get sacked...and we go through the process of finding a new manager......who the hell will be given the job to look after the team in the meanwhile........the club is devoid of any pro cover......it could well be the tea lady......she will have to multi-task for awhile.

Aug 29, 2008
X Isle":ok6wiqcf said:
Tim Chown":ok6wiqcf said:
If Fletch was no longer manager, I would also like to see Billy Davies here. Whether he'd work for the wage we'd offer is another question of course.

PAFC remains an excellent opportunity for a good manager to 'do a Sturrock' to (re)build their reputation.

tim

Billy Davies doesn't like Plymouth and I don't like Billy Davies.

One way to guarentee someone 'does a Sturrock'......get a Sturrock.

But do you think Blair is ready?!

Aug 29, 2008
Would love Hodges to come and be our saviour but I know nothing about his managerial ability. Besides we don't need to look restrict ourselves to ex-players we know.

My head says Cotterill. He'll win more than he loses and knows what the next two leagues up look like. But them again I don't get to go to many matches so wouldn't have to watch his team "play"!

Sep 3, 2011
Deacster":14g35uvy said:
Having looked through this thread I have to say there are no outstanding candidates. Either too inexperienced or experienced with mixed track records. Maybe the board would need to think outside the box and look at non-league, Scotland and Ireland?
Ian Bogie, Gateshead manager, consecutive promotions in his first two seasons as manager, paid Ā£3,500 for Lee Novak, sold him for Ā£150,000. Has done well on small budgets

Apr 15, 2008
London
Mr Gillingham":z27h2miv said:
Deacster":z27h2miv said:
Having looked through this thread I have to say there are no outstanding candidates. Either too inexperienced or experienced with mixed track records. Maybe the board would need to think outside the box and look at non-league, Scotland and Ireland?
Ian Bogie, Gateshead manager, consecutive promotions in his first two seasons as manager, paid Ā£3,500 for Lee Novak, sold him for Ā£150,000. Has done well on small budgets

Yeah, Bogie. I'd pick him.

Bogie's Green Army!

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
This is the trouble with sacking Fletcher, there are precious few names that ticks all the boxes of
a) we could realistically get,
b) doesnā€™t come with baggage,
c) doesnā€™t have unexplained blots on his record and
d) has successful experience at this level.

The closest IMO is Tisdale (but even he probably wouldnā€™t come,) followed by Gary Johnson but his record is mixed and somehow he just doesnā€™t inspire confidence. If we couldnā€™t get Tisdale then personally Iā€™d prefer a young-ish successful lower league manager 99% of us have never heard of (like the Gateshead bloke mentioned above?) but whoā€™s respected in the game rather than a tired old has-been on the manager merry-go-round trying to resurrect his career. I know Iā€™m in a minority on here but for those reasons I still look seriously at option e)ā€¦ā€¦give Fletcher more time. :shock:

Sep 26, 2009
Plymouth
Loads of fine suggestions for a new manager in this thread, which one of you
fans then is prepared to pay off the current managers contract with coaches, and then
fund the new manager along with his entourage. ?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
slider":172inxw6 said:
fans then is prepared to pay off the current managers contract with coaches, and then

And who in favour of keeping Fletch is prepared to fund the further unbudgeted fall in income as attendances plummet?

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Womble":pebzk4qe said:
slider":pebzk4qe said:

And who in favour of keeping Fletch is prepared to fund the further unbudgeted fall in income as attendances plummet?

I'll chip in Ā£250 - to get rid of Fletcher.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
My gut instict says get Lee Hodges in. Again though he would need experienced help.

So we solve a problem with another problem?

justanotherfan

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
green_pants":3jc844qw said:
Mike Newell is a great shout.... however

I cant see Fletch being sacked yet, and I agree he needs to be given more time... I think the majority of people posting here need to learn patience and remember just where we were and accept that it will take time to move on!!

Its gonna fall on deaf ears, but positivity breeds positivity and this would be the best way to help to team, not all this bull and negativity!

:funny: I agree, I`m positive he should go!!!!!! :funny:

Feb 21, 2011
Well 4 pages since my last comment and still no realistic or decent suggestions, and whoever it was that mentioned Megson, go and have a lie down think about it and then come back here and apologise for your stupidity.

Liam Vercoe

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Nov 27, 2010
semper crudus":qvu62d90 said:
X Isle":qvu62d90 said:
Tim Chown":qvu62d90 said:
If Fletch was no longer manager, I would also like to see Billy Davies here. Whether he'd work for the wage we'd offer is another question of course.

PAFC remains an excellent opportunity for a good manager to 'do a Sturrock' to (re)build their reputation.

tim

Billy Davies doesn't like Plymouth and I don't like Billy Davies.

One way to guarentee someone 'does a Sturrock'......get a Sturrock.

But do you think Blair is ready?!

Dammit, I was going to make that joke! :D

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
crownhillpilgrim":3qwx5l3d said:
Mr Gillingham":3qwx5l3d said:
Deacster":3qwx5l3d said:

Yeah, Bogie. I'd pick him.

Bogie's Green Army!
:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: