Who would you have to replace Fletch ? | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who would you have to replace Fletch ?

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
What a shame that managers are not available for loans. Get an affordable & experienced (one who needs to work) manager in for 3 months with Fletch as assistant . . . see what he can learn. If he can't learn, find someone who can.

P

pafc1234

I still think that Steve Tilson would be a great shout! Plenty of experience at this level and all achieved with little or no money!

Aug 13, 2011
Gary Megson. Definitely. held his own at a high level at Everton, Sheff W. If has been out of management for a while all the better cost wise. Argyle idol in hìs day. Always convinces me he knows what he is talking about, a disciplìnarìan and ok age-wise. His profile would attract players as he is not an unknown. He fits the bill for me, perfectly!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
tigertony":2zagh45n said:
crownhillpilgrim":2zagh45n said:
Mr Gillingham":2zagh45n said:
Deacster":2zagh45n said:
Having looked through this thread I have to say there are no outstanding candidates. Either too inexperienced or experienced with mixed track records. Maybe the board would need to think outside the box and look at non-league, Scotland and Ireland?
Ian Bogie, Gateshead manager, consecutive promotions in his first two seasons as manager, paid £3,500 for Lee Novak, sold him for £150,000. Has done well on small budgets

Yeah, Bogie. I'd pick him.

Bogie's Green Army!
:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Only problem is he may struggle to sniff out new talent without clearing his nose first...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ollieargyle9":4nlb5kaw said:
tigertony":4nlb5kaw said:
crownhillpilgrim":4nlb5kaw said:
Mr Gillingham":4nlb5kaw said:
Deacster":4nlb5kaw said:
Having looked through this thread I have to say there are no outstanding candidates. Either too inexperienced or experienced with mixed track records. Maybe the board would need to think outside the box and look at non-league, Scotland and Ireland?
Ian Bogie, Gateshead manager, consecutive promotions in his first two seasons as manager, paid £3,500 for Lee Novak, sold him for £150,000. Has done well on small budgets

Yeah, Bogie. I'd pick him.

Bogie's Green Army!
:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Only problem is he may struggle to sniff out new talent without clearing his nose first...

sign local players? he could look in Hayle :coat:

Dec 19, 2008
Green Onions":14j6aag4 said:
Terry Brown. Available immediately, knows what a promotion looks like.....and understands non-league football....... :shock:

And can quite clearly hold an invisible giant bowl above his head too. Get him in Brent!
347112_1.jpg

Aug 13, 2011
I think we need David Blain and Derren Brown. Failing that maybe Tom Daley? Well, he's local and we'd get a load of penalties.