Who would you have to replace Fletch ? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who would you have to replace Fletch ?

Jul 24, 2012
Gary Flipping Megson - let go by swendies earlier in year. He'd be my boy.

Failing that(money no object), Get Kevin Bond in.

May 22, 2006
We need an older guy with experience. Graham Turner would be ideal but doubt we could afford poaching from another club. Poss John Ward or John Gorman.

Does anybody think that we are missing John Deehan from last Season?

Just trying to be realistic.

Advertise as we have always done and see whos interested.
Although if money is a problem then lee hodges would be a good gamble.
Unlike fletcher he has cut his teeth as a manager at truro winning the southern premier
in his first season and has been showing his battling abilities against the odds since(admin etc)
in the conference south.
Knows all about argyle and has achieved success albeit at a lower level in the far south west.
Remember both malcolm allison and tisdale both learnt managerial skills at non league bath city
and team bath.
I have no idea of the type of football truro play mind but he is picking a lot of former argyle
youngsters in his player starved team at the moment which is what brent wants his manager to do.
I wonder if cocko could be tempted down here to join him in some form of partnership?
I still think fletcher has chesterfield to save himself though as the home crowd hasnt called for
his head yet.
Traditionally thats when argyle managers get the chop.
Was still backing fletcher after gillingham but its a results business as always so he needs
to win football matches again starting saturday or its the push imho.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
We must be able to pay someone who'd do better than Fletcher. I'd Fletch is amongst the highest paid managers in League 2 as a hangover from his NWO contract. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to back up him being the cheap option.

A better manager could be on less money and bring in more money by higher crowds. Of course the main fly in that ointment would be the costs associated with firing Fletcher, Larrieu and Nance. But that may be a necessary cost- the cost to the club and James Brent financially would be astronomical if we were relegated. Much more than it'd cost to replace the managerial team.

Jul 29, 2010
Greenblooded1":345egtzz said:
After advertising the position, the best available candidate would be fine.

And there, on the head, is the most likely and sensible route. JB, once he's pulled his finger out, will appoint an interim caretaker (i'd say Wotts or Captain Punchy) and advertise the post.

Despite what some people will tell you, despite how we all feel sometimes Argyle is still a big club and an attractive challenge. We're punching well below our weight and with a half decent budget too.

Advertise and people will show an interest, as we've seen recently that could even include currently employed managers too, on the sly. Advertise QUICKLY and there's still enough time to sort the process well before Christmas so potential parties know they'll have a couple of weeks assessment time before a whole transfer window all to themselves.

Personally I suspect Colin Sextone is busy scouting as we speak, I hope so anyway. But as with all hunting tactics you'll find more of what you're seeking by letting it come to you than by heading off in search of it.

Debating names therefore is all very well but I trust and hope JB will go down the advertisement route, it'll catch more surprising fish.