Trust membership. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trust membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Womble":2hjvewii said:
IJN you have asked me if I like what I am hearing. No I do not. I do not like a band of internet warriors trying to bring down an elected Trust. Nobody has posted any solid facts about what is supposed to be going on. I am very disappointed, as I do feel that this behaviour is something as a mod you wouldn’t tolerate from other posters if they held a different view to you. A feel of double standards pervades the thread.

In terms of the posters involved in this attempted subversion of a democratically elected Trust:

Depp Throat: The worse troll I have ever seen on this website. All innuendo, no actual facts. A one trick poster with an obvious agenda.

Windsor Boy: So much bile, so few previous posts. Another one with one sole agenda.

I wonder about the previous/current other identities of Deep Throat and Windsor Boy. No way are they new to the board. I hope no multi-accounts are in use.

This is a democratically elected body. Any problem should be exposed in full and then the electorate should decide. A day later and not one solid accusation has been made. List the problems in full, and let people explain/defend themselves. Anyone who supports the idea of fan representation must work towards a strong trust, and the only way to do this properly is to hold its leaders publicly to account.

I have read a post from Lee Jameson (I think, apologies if I am mistaken) accusing one of the named names of causing the resignation of two previous chairs. Please clarify this or withdraw it, we can do without unfounded innuendo.

I say all of the above merely as someone who believes in the trust and wants it to succeed.

The description for this Forum say it all.
The name says it all. The place for cr*p, idle speculation, Tweets and 'taxi driver' stories. You post here at your own risk.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I was hoping by now we would have had an official announcement on these allegations,if one is not issued soon preferably by Woz, the trust will lose further credibility.

A

Anonymous

Womble,

Let me explain a couple of things if I may.

1) Me being a Mod has nothing to do with this thread, nor 99% of the threads that I enter into, so why would you say that? (This comes on the same day, someone has made a complaint of Pasoti being Sacriligious regarding Chris Webb's 'Home Park is our Church, PAFC is our religion. When I've bounced that complaint, the person has then accused me of banning freedom of speech!!!!! <sigh>).

2) IF you're accusing me of posting on this thread as Windsor Boy or Deep Throat, you have my word, that is not the case. I've done everything up front and 'un cowardly' (to use your own accusation at me a few posts ago).

3) The thread was started by me, as I saw a pal, a mate a REAL person, under threat, from people I do not hold in that same regard. It now seems as if those people have backed off, have had a word with the ELECTED Chairman and have stepped back.

I hope this explains some of what has gone on and please, drop the accusations of 'superfan' and acting differently because I'm a Mod.

Please believe me, I am days away from not being a Mod, I've had enough of seeing what goes on the background, I've had enough of the ridiculous logic of some of the PM's I recieve and the stick I get for being a normal fan but with a big gob.

In one evening I've had a person with an agenda against James Brent (in this username and a previous one), accuse me of 'loving' JB and Chris Webb, that's why I've bounced a complaint of 'Racism' against Church goers (I kid you not), despite every Mod bouncing the complaint upstairs. Then you accuse me of being cowardly as IJN (Ian Newell) and you are called 'Womble'.

I think you (and the religous complainant) have done, what the freaks and weirdos have been trying to do for years. :greensmile:

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
What a complete and utter load of pish this is........people gave up alot of time and effort to get this thing on the road....quite simply these positions are electable and as such anyone who is considered to be damaging the Trust will find it difficult to be re-elected. They have my 100% support and I for one have already renewed my membership. And let me ask you this without engagement from the trust will will end up with a GASB that is undemocratic and just what people here are levelling at the Trust go read that thread and see what you think of that shambles
If you have concerns work to change it don't seek to destroy it...... unfortunately this can not be done within the steering group of GASB as attendance is strictly monitored.
Miles Bidgood

gil

Feb 22, 2008
What a very sad thread. There seem to be plenty of people willing to put the boot into the trust (or its leaders) at the slightest opportunity. Too many people too close to the action with too many of their own agendas and cliques.

I renewed my membership yesterday and am happy to let the trust board get on with it. If I have any issues I know where they can be contacted and as a member I also have a vote as a result of paying my tenner. There will always be squabbles and politics in any organisation but maybe those unelected and outside of the trust board should just keep out of it.

A

Anonymous

Miles, I was very close with all the people that 'got this thing off the road', all good people, without any political agenda, and they did a marvellous job.

My simple point is/was, that the new SC, seem to be working in the background to get rid of the elected Chairman.

If that is the case, then I won't renew, and I would hope, others would follow suit.

If that is not the case then what I heard, was incorrect, but I can tell you, it was from the horses mouth so to speak.

Sorry if I should clam up for the 'greater good' and all that, but it's because of all the hard work a lot of my very good friends have put in, that I'm saying this.

A

Anonymous

gil":z9ciqyz2 said:
There will always be squabbles and politics in any organisation but maybe those unelected and outside of the trust board should just keep out of it.

You could be right Gil, but should someone step back when they see someone they like get battered?

Not my style I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

Lee Jameson":39g9vjmq said:
As I have said 2 of the 4 people mentioned were responsible for the resignation of two trust chairs!

Believe me this is true I worked very close to both of them but there position became intolerable.

It is not lies it is not to conjecture if Jim and Graham want to make further comments on this they can.

Whilst the circumstances were not quite the same, as I was Chair of the ISC, an unelected body the same two people did very much contribute towards my eventual resignation by mounting a virulent e-mail campaign behind my back. I only discovered what was going on when I was accidentally copied in the e-mail trail.

If the same has been happening again then Wozzer has my total sympathy, particularly as it appears that one of the alleged proponents is not even an elected. Member of the Society Board.

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
I would like to apologise for my comment on page one. I thought I was posting such absolute ball-cocks that anyone in their right mind would see it as ball-cocks. Obviously, in the fevered world of Internetland, total nonsense becomes the norm! My apologies for adding to the miasma of intrigue.

My patience had reached tipping-point. (I am unwell so maybe my tipping point has been lowered). I am sick to death of the comments and innuendo against the Trust on here. In my opinion, there has been a campaign to cast the Trust in a bad light. There have been endless digs and negativity that has nothing to do with individuals but lots to do with ... god knows what ... maybe the perceived potential for power and influence. The GASB has been promoted and the Trust has been denigrated. I don't know TonyC. I have met him briefly once and shook his hand. He seems an honourable man. His disagreement is open and up for debate. That's fine and good. The black propaganda isn't. I have always tried (and sometimes failed) to keep away from the personalisation of argument. It becomes increasingly hard to do so.

I haven't always agreed with Chris - and that's fine, it's OK to disagree - but for me, the following (and Gareth's irritated response) is the best comment on this thread. It talks sense and is a Presidential step away from the rancour. For Pete's sake this should be an intelligent adult discussion not gangs squabbling in a play-ground!

Mr President":2sztv3y8 said:
Gents, you know I don't comment anymore if I can help it but....

1. This is a rumour so should be treated as such.
2. The Trust is a vital part of the representation of Argyle supporters so lets not damage ourselves.
3. Lets wait until the Trust guys actually clear this up - it could be complete rubbish.
4. Renewed my membership today because just like my day job it is about the collective not the individuals.

A message from one of the board would nip this in the bud I am sure.

Chris

C

Charlie Wood

What I find ironic was the OP was the instigator of the big drive for everybody to post under their real names not so very long ago, whatever happened to that BTW, and on this thread we have "Deep Throat" and the recently arrived "Windsor Boy" posting the most malicious innuendo and people seem only to happy to give some credence to it. Job done boys. What I find utterly bizarre is why anybody would want to undermine the only independent, democratically elected fans representation. Whatever the benefits of the much promoted GASBoard (on this site anyway), any structure that exists at the whim of the current owner cannot compete with what a Fans Trust has to offer. For goodness sake have we learned nothing from the past couple of years.

I was only to happy to hand over my renewal cash (and my wife's) yesterday.

Having seen GC's reply, I wish he could have said similar when I queried what was going on in the thread at the time and received a response that there was nothing other involved but personal/time factor reasons. There were similar blandishments issued when I queried the reasons for JBE's resignations. Gent's you would have been better served by being honest at the time.

A

Anonymous

I don't agree with Mr President or you on this one Knecht.

I will not be part of a Trust that allow a Chairman to be elected then months after, attempt, through nefarious means to get him out.

IF that has now been sorted, then fine, but I like to vote on people, not collectives.

I assume that's allowed as well, isn't it?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Charlie Wood":s6ckdp6t said:
What I find ironic was the OP was the instigator of the big drive for everybody to post under their real names not so very long ago, whatever happened to that BTW, and on this thread we have "Deep Throat" and the recently arrived "Windsor Boy" posting the most malicious innuendo and people seem only to happy to give some credence to it.

But how do you know it's "malicious innuendo"? The campaign against Wozzer could just as well be true.

Whatever happens, there are many people who will stand by Wozzer.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
IJN":1ccisr80 said:
gil":1ccisr80 said:
There will always be squabbles and politics in any organisation but maybe those unelected and outside of the trust board should just keep out of it.

You could be right Gil, but should someone step back when they see someone they like get battered?

Not my style I'm afraid.

I've read these pages long enough to understand that its not your style and we all feel the need to support our friends. I'm just dismayed at the damage that a thread like this that encourages such negativity does to the Trust. To me it has to be about something greater and more important than just the individuals involved in it at any one time.

A

Anonymous

Charlie Wood":3co8kqaf said:
What I find ironic was the OP was the instigator of the big drive for everybody to post under their real names not so very long ago, whatever happened to that BTW.

Look around you 'Charlie' quite a few changed and have stuck with it.

I've witnessed you 'skulking' before, trying to remain anonymous but listening to pick up any snippets, it wasn't that attractive if I'm honest.

Good for you, for parting with your cash, that's your decision and you've made it. I on the other hand, have decided against it for the moment, I do hope that's OK with you, democracy and all that.

A

Anonymous

gil":1yfxvdsy said:
IJN":1yfxvdsy said:
gil":1yfxvdsy said:

Not my style I'm afraid.

I've read these pages long enough to understand that its not your style and we all feel the need to support our friends. I'm just dismayed at the damage that a thread like this that encourages such negativity does to the Trust. To me it has to be about something greater and more important than just the individuals involved in it at any one time.

I did think hard and long about it, but I'm afraid, friends will always come first in my book Gil.

I do take your point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.